Mystic Rectangle help

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: Mystic Rectangle help

Post by Noel Eastwood »

AM, you've done well again. Merucyr as Lord of the Chart is string isn't it :)

OK, a word of advice, try to limit the number of points in your chart, I never read Vertex, Lilith or aspects to the MC or Ascendant, it will send you mad trying to do too much. Stick to the basics then with time add one new point at a time as you understand what it is doing in your chart. So, basics first.

Next is Pluto in the 3rd House, what is he doing?
astromaeve

Post by astromaeve »

Thanks!

ok pluto in 3rd house, scorpio. pluto is the ruler of scorpio, which means its "at home" in this sign. It is comfortable, happy, and maybe because of that has a stronger impact. everyone in my generation shares this sign because pluto moves so slowly. pluto is the planet of transformation, obsession, the subconscious (god of the underworld), death and rebirth. Pluto brings this energy to the other planets it touches. It is in my third house, the house of siblings, short distance travel, the use of language, and the type of observational learning that accompanies that age (when you're first learning how to use language). Its opposite the 9th house so it shares that theme of learning, but the feeling I get is the third house is more about the immediate environment, and learning to be in the world for the first time. i'm wondering if having pluto here contributes to a constant rebirthing of this experience of the world -- maybe giving that feeling of discovering something for the first time. some people say the third house is boring so i wonder if pluto here makes it a little less boring. its also interesting that i have the sun and ruler of my chart in the 9th house, opposite the third. that feels relative to me because i have so much energy over there, in the house of expanded thinking and higher education and long distance travel, but the planet of upheaval and transformation and rebirth is in this more intimate house. I definitely pay a lot of attention to language and how i communicate (although, i could also stand to be more positive with my language use esp when talking about myself). and i can be a little obsessive about it. there's also something with pluto and secrets, or things below the surface.

a main theme that arises for me is that third house is the house of siblings. by going through old schoolwork i recently discovered my brother was considered for special ed because of multiple delays in learning. this was before there was much understanding around the autism spectrum, but it was clear through the notes that this is what they were talking about. and then, in an instant, its like everything about my brother and our relationship made sense to me. they'd managed to get him tutoring so that he could stay on the regular track in school, but nobody addressed the social emotional aspect. ever. I talked to him about it and he said he always figured he was on the spectrum, and that he's had to teach himself a lot about social interactions through observation. and BOY OH BOY did this have a toll on me growing up. it is validating to have this insight now, but it is going to take a little more of plutos pheonix from the ashes energy to totally undo the impact of this "hidden" information and all of the unfair expectations I placed on him over the years, as well as the many disappointments this caused for me. and on top of that, i've read pluto can be about control, and there was definitely no structure there. this was an area that was out of control for me growing up. had we been able to identify that he had difficulty with socializing and empathizing, and also was reactive to being overstimulated, then we could have created some safety structures for us both. but we didn't. and it did not feel "safe" for me much of the time.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

nice work, Pluto opposite Sun is next.

Just a hint, the outer planets, as you said, are generational, everyone in your same age cohort have Pluto in the same sign. We tend to focus more on it's house placement and the aspects it forms to the inner planets.

When it comes to your siblings and family I'd also look at the 4th House which is up next after you tell me some about your Sun - Pluto opposition :)
astromaeve

Post by astromaeve »

excelente. I have a question about pluto and the other generational planets. since they're generational, does that mean the themes they bring up are always going to be societal rather than personal? does the whole story about my brother make sense because i have pluto in my third house, or is that too much of a personal correlation to draw? would that story come more from a planetary aspect than just a house placement, for example? i get confused about how to draw the line here.

pluto opposite sun. sooooo i've read opposites are all about relationships. they create a tendency towards living out lessons through relationships, so mirroring your lessons through other people. its a "hard" aspect, meaning the energy of the two planets are not supporting each other or flowing into one another. i've also read that opposites can have more of an anxious and unsure or indecisive quality than the other "hard" aspects, like squares. Maybe that means these aspects tend to be slower to transform and figure each other out, and theres a hesitancy towards working together. In the case of pluto and sun, i have a relationship forming btw this energy of transformation and renewal/rebirth, along with obsession and hidden secrets, and the vital sun energy, my life force, my ego or image of self. with the opposite aspect joining these two energies, that might manifest as an anxiety towards self dissolution (or, dissolution of the ego). i mean, that is very true for me, but i cant imagine it not being true for somebody else ... altho maybe ... that proves the point, haha. i've read that this manifests as insecurity but I guess i'm trying to get to that by understanding how the energy of the planets are influencing each other. if opposites are energies that come out in relationship, this might mean i play out this dynamic in relationships with other people. maybe i see my "shadow self" in relationship to others, and tend to get anxious about it. oh, there is also that theme of control with pluto. perhaps this aspect tends towards an anxiety about the self (my ego) being controlled. i have this very deep fear of isolation and entrapment and manipulation. its totally abstract. my fears of death manifest this way more than anything to do with pain or concrete things. i dont have fears of pain or being in small spaces.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

lol, it's not easy is it. OK, the theme with your brother is a combination of points in the chart, no single chart point tells it all, it's always a part of a story. I'd include lots of things re your bro, and the 3rd, 4th and 7th and .... it goes on and on, will all contribute to your relationship. Astrology simply reflects the complexity and variance in human personality and development.

With Pluto opp Sun you'll need to include house placements and try to cut it down to three sentences only. This forces you to focus and stay focused in your readings. We examine everything including rulerships then put all this information on 'simmer' until only the essence is left. So now go back over these two dudes and process what you've written, sit on it, sleep on it, contemplate it, then meditate on it.

This is where you slow things down. You are doing just fine, I'm impressed with your insights, but your brain is now getting full. You probably need to let it all settle down and digest it before introducing new information.

This aspect is critical to you in this incarnation - so now just go slowly and gently to understand it.

When you are ready, write 3 tight sentences on what it possibly could contribute to your personality, life experiences and growth.
astromaeve

Post by astromaeve »

lol, laughing at myself cause my instinct is definitely not to sit on it. but i will. thanks for the guidance ... i'll be back!
astromaeve

Post by astromaeve »

Back! pluto in scorprio, 3rd house opposite sun in taurus, 9th house: This placement indicates a great potential for powerful insight and abilities especially in the area of philosophy and psychology (and astrology, I dare say). There is an inner need for and most likely an external expression of transformation throughout the life, as there is a very deep connection between the transformational energies of pluto and the dynamic ego of the sun. When out of balance, this placement can over-emphasize the grappling with that death-shadow energy, expressing itself as depression, fear, and/or a deep need for control (especially of oneself). These manifestations are intimately connected to my relationships with others, and tend to express themselves there.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

ok, getting there, but now we're heading into unknown territory with Pluto, so I'm going to slow down further.

Pluto in the 3rd House is going to be? Intense, controlling, transformational... in other words whatever you study (3rd House) you'll want to know deeply and intensely (Pluto). See? How does Pluto express his needs to understand things? He can control his environment, himself and his subject.

Now this is all very important to know, why? Tell me, why is it important for you to understand the significance of Pluto's House position? Why do I want you to slow down and study this one planet in this one house?
astromaeve

Post by astromaeve »

is it because it will have an affect on how i learn about my chart/astrology in general?
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

mm, maybe :) what about your style of learning, or how you handle 3rd House issues specifically... what is the 3rd House?