Mystic Rectangle help

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
astromaeve

Re: Mystic Rectangle help

Post by astromaeve »

im also trying to think about how this stuff shows up for me NOW, which is very different than it did when i was younger. so again, im having trouble narrowing all of that down.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

You're doing well, yes, this 'story' thing happens, now you can see that the chart is complex, very much so. Teasing out themes is what we do, placing emphasis on important threads as opposed to not to important, is the art and science of astrology.

Now we'll look at the planetary aspects, those blue lines to start with that form your Mystic Rectangle. The Trine, 120 degree angle +- 10 degrees, this is what we call an 'orb'. An orb shows us how much leeway we have. So if the angle is 120 degrees to make a Trine, we allow an orb of between 110 and 130 degrees.

A Sextile is 60 degrees, +- 6 degrees. I prefer to use wide orbs, it works for me.

Now we have Pluto involved with a lot of planets, not just the opposition to Sun and Ceres. These are his relationships, friendships, archetypes that he gets along with reasonably well. This depends on house and sign placement, rulerships and who the other planet is. For instance Pluto Sun get along well in Fire and Water in particular, but Earth and Air signs not quite as well, and again this depends on the planets involved and their house placement. It also depends on what other planets form relationships with Pluto and the Sun.

Pluto is in nice aspect to many other planets, these aspects are Sextiles and Trines, they're considered 'easy flowing' or 'nice' aspects, to other planets. Hard aspects are squares and oppositions. But, again, not all hard aspects are difficult, and not all easy/nice aspects are... nice. That's the art and science of astrology, it takes years of reading charts and mentoring and formal study to know which is which.

OK, your homework is to tell me a little about the aspects to Sun and Moon. Squares and oppositions + sextiles and trines. Maybe add a little as to what they may shows about you.

One quick word about excessive 'easy' aspects, it can make the native restless, things go too easy for them and that means that any small molehill appears to be a mountain to them. They become very sensitive to exerting effort, in fact, we might say, their nervous system is not as robust as those with lots of squares, oppositions and conjunctions. This is not a criticism of people with heaps of easy aspects, it's an acknowledgement that they do life tough, but it's a different 'tough' to those with excess hard aspects, like a Grand Cross. A Mystic Rectangle has more 'easy' aspects than just about any other pattern, maybe you could comment on this too?
astromaeve

Post by astromaeve »

the mystical rectangle does have a lot of easy aspects, but there are also many conjunctions that are not easy. My moon seems to be in quite the pickle because of its conjunctions, as well as mars' general placement. Altho conjunctions aren't really motivating aspects like squares, so theoretically I could just wallow in my wet blanket of a mars and rely on my easy aspects to convince myself to stay put and not do anything. Which, I think was more relevant when i was younger.

Moon conjunct mars in cancer: my motivation can be heavily impacted by my feelings and is as "moody" as the moon. I might "feel" like doing xyz one minute and then suddenly feel like not. This was debilitating and can still impact me but i've had to learn as a result to do things anyways. At this point I am pretty good at routine (north node 6th house!) - it is really, really fundamental to my ability to do things and make things happen. Otherwise I also risk getting sucked into a mood and being overtaken by my feelings. Passive aggression and unwillingness to express myself has also been a theme, and internalizing conflict.

Moon conjunct chiron in cancer: I feel deeply. I am sensitive. My connection to my mother is a source of many deep wounds, and I carried over many of her own emotions, confusing them often with my own. It was a deep bond that needed firmer emotional boundaries. I can easily and naturally without thought or effort read other peoples emotions, and often know what somebody else is feeling before they do.

Moon sextile sun: my emotional self and my ego and source of confidence energize each other. This relationship to the sun offers me a strength that i've always experienced whenever my emotions become too overwhelming - there is a deeper grounding that generally gives me some sense of "normalcy". Whenever I'm like oh god my emotional reaction to this is inappropriate (too intense, usually), I can tap into almost an alternate way of being, which is sturdy, calm, and steady (earth sign).

Moon trine pluto: I don't know part of me wants to say this shit gives me powers haha. Pluto in scorpio with a positive back and forth energy flow to my moon. There is a strong determination to understand myself, to analyze my feelings, to seek transformation and to reach "higher vibrations." This also contributes to my ability to read other people's feelings. It fuels a deep interest in emotions and psychology. Pluto trine my moon, mars, and chiron, adds a different kind of "push" that is maybe lost from mars' placement. Like perhaps my power is more about my receptivity, rather than what i put out. Or ... what i put out into the world is a result of my powerful receptivity (power to transform, power to dig deep into the psyche, etc).

Moon opp saturn: fear of expressing myself, imposing too many limits on my own emotional expression, creating boundaries that can isolate myself emotionally. im starting to understand "opposites" as maybe being the beliefs we learn early on that we then repeat in our adult relationships. i've read that this aspect can mean growing up too early, and having difficulty having fun and being a kid.

moon opp neptune: oy vey. neptune is conjunct saturn and in capricorn, so it is already struggling quite a bit to express its natural tendencies. this could manifest as confusing relationships, maybe feeling a little ungrounded or not having strong boundaries (altho, this is also balanced out by neptunes placement i think). This can also be more difficult in terms of creativity ... having a hard time expressing feelings through creativity, or having a deep emotional need for creative expression. i also read this aspect can be about insecure attachment, so the waxing and waning of love feelings in relationship to others because of an insecure attachment to parental figures as a child. definitely.

Moon semisquare venus: throwing myself at people before i know how i feel, being pushed into action in regards to love relationships based in insecurity or neediness, giving a lot of myself.

moon sesquiquadrate north node: i don't know.