Job and Kite

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
benead

Job and Kite

Post by benead »

Three questions:

1. I was wondering if I should continue to work as a writer and as a director (theater/movies): things are not going too well now, and I am also studying to specialize myself more in directing.

2. I've been told I have a Kite on Venus-Neptune-MC and Pluto, but then I've also been told that you can't have a Kite involving an MC. Which is true? If I do have a kite (or if I had one that way), what does it mean?

3. Could you eventually explain any Grand Trine present?

Thank you.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (18.93 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Job and Kite

Post by admin »

Hi benead, welcome and thanks for posting.

I'm only going to start to attempt an answer to question '2' at this time.
"2. I've been told I have a Kite on Venus-Neptune-MC and Pluto, but then I've also been told that you can't have a Kite involving an MC. Which is true? If I do have a kite (or if I had one that way), what does it mean?"
As always, these matters depend on individual astrologers' points of view. I think that the reason some astrologers don't include the MC (similarly the Asc/Desc. and Nodal axis) as part of a Kite is because it isn't an 'energy' per se (like the planets/luminaries), but a 'point' - important, but not of itself an 'energy'. However, I feel that if one can say that a planet/luminary is in trine (for eg.) to this 'point', then it should be included in the configuration. In your chart Venus in trine to the MC (from the cusp of the 2nd House), trine Neptune (in the 5th) in turn in trine to the MC; and Venus/Neptune in sextile to Pluto (and in fact I would include Saturn which is in conjunction with Pluto conjunct the IC), does to me suggest quite strongly that this is a 'Kite' formation.
Quote: "In such a pattern, vision or understanding and purpose (trines) find the possibility of outward manifestation in objective form (oppositions and sextiles) through organizational genius and the capacity for planning and enlightened management in which needs and answers to needs are brought together. The functional activities represented by the planet at the midpoint of the bisected trine should be those through which is focused and released what the entire configuration represents."
(Astrological Aspects - A Process Oriented Approach; Leyla Rael/Dane Rudhyar - Publisher: ASI Publishers Inc. NY - 1980).

Good Luck with understanding that! :lol: But, another way of putting it, is that this configuration looks like a bow and arrow, with the arrow pulled back ready for release. The point of the arrow (in this instance - the MC/Career/Vocation) is the place that these other energies are focused and ready to be released. The only 'physical body' in the Southern Hemisphere of your Chart (top half) is the Moon, which suggests that the MC point of ' focus' is vital to the successful 'release' of the Venus/Saturn-Pluto/Neptune (subjective/acting internally) energies.

Hope that helps in some way. :roll:

Please don't hesitate to ask further if you would like or need to.

(Will attempt to address the other questions later).
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
benead

Post by benead »

So if I get it right it's all about putting my energies and strengths in my career? If I got it right it really is arts/theater...

I still don't understand how to read the Pluto-Saturn part though. If you could help I'd be glad :)
I'm trying to understand and learn as much as I can as to possibly also help other people out, someday.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Certainly with Leo Rising, the Arts and Theatre are perfect outlets, as you know. Also, the Aries Midheaven (which indicates the likelihood of being a 'leader' in your chosen field) adds to the possibility of 'directing'. The Sun in Virgo in the 2nd House (what one 'values'), is semi-square Pluto (in the 4th, and at the point of the 'quiver' of the 'arrow'), which means that there is the possibility that you aren't always as confident as you may appear, and you may get so caught up in the details that you find making a decision (not only important ones, but the 'little' ones too) difficult, so that you may miss out, and then feel angry when others seem to be being unhelpful.(?). Meanwhile, Mars in Scorpio (ruler of your Midheaven/Career), gives you the depth and intensity of purpose to reach your goals, but perhaps it is that just when you almost 'get there'...you change direction? (Mars is 'quincunx' your MC, and the quincunx aspect is notorious for 'sudden change of one's course').

I think most of this issue currently has to do with Transiting Pluto, which is drawing towards the end of your 5th House (creativity), where it's been since approx. 1993/94! And in this last few years, has been squaring your Moon (on and off since about March 2008 in fact). Pluto digs and digs, examines everything to the 'death', so now as it moves toward the 6th House cusp (the way in which you work) it is beginning to push you to more self-criticism - as well as experiencing the criticism of others (neither of which are comfortable of course). Upshot is that this leads to a much deeper perception and understanding of not only your, and others' belief systems, but also work and health systems and procedures. But that's only in embryo at this time.

What has been going on with transiting Pluto's square to your Moon is the feeling of the need to not be dependent on others (something that Moon in Aries - especially in trine to Uranus - has innately). Nonetheless, there is something about this last year or two that has been causing you some considerable pain - which you might be feeling the need to resolve. Perhaps you felt, or have discovered that 'someone' was trying to 'control' or otherwise 'manipulate' you? Any relationship/s that have felt like that are coming to an end (may well have already happened), which may have resulted in either or both, a sense of loss/relief. A feeling of 'freedom' should be the result, ultimately at least.

What you are coming to next (during this next month - Oct.) is a Saturn conjunction with your Mercury, in your 3rd House. This suggests that you will buckle down and study what needs to be known and conveyed. Along the way (Saturn will be moving quite quickly over this point - only there for a coupla weeks), you may have moments of depression, feeling it's all 'too much/too hard' which could be a result of thinking that you've taken on too much - perhaps others ask too much seemingly all at once. Just stick with it - it's important that you use the energies to concentrate on what's going on and fulfilling what is required - as far as you are able.

Re: 'Grand Trines' - generally this means that the energies of the planets involved are 'locked' together and relied upon because they work so well together. What's needed to 'get out of' this 'easiness', is a square or some other aspect that puts the pressure on - (eg. your Venus square Uranus which is trine your Moon and trine Ascendant). Too much to go into there right now.

Re: Saturn/Pluto - when these two planets are in conjunction there's a basic and fundamental conflict with 'authority', resulting in the need for an individual to become their own authority. As this conjunction occurs in your 4th House (Home/family/a parent, and much more carried from the family's 'past'), this need is specifically relevant to you. This matter is way too complicated to go into here (a few brief standardised words won't do it...sigh), but, it is vital to your Vocation as it's such an important part of the 'Kite' formation.

Re:
"...I'm trying to understand and learn as much as I can as to possibly also help other people out, someday."
I usually work with 'Degree Symbols' and Numerological matters, but as your chart - as depicted - is 'general', I would need more specific info to go further with regard to this. However, looking at your Nodes (N. Node in Cancer - 'future' or what is being 'learned') suggests from its Ruler (your Moon in the 9th in Aries) that you will use the knowledge and wisdom you gain to help and nurture others, based on the South Node in Capricorn: hard-learned experience. (That's a very brief take on this).

Hope this helps.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]