Handle Planet: Moon -- How to utilize this?

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
Erriiieeee

Re: Handle Planet: Moon -- How to utilize this?

Post by Erriiieeee »

Ok here's the second whack at your first homework assignment Noel!

Yod -

The discrepancies stem from my emotional need, and my idealistic needs. I have a need to nurture others but that tends collide with what I think I should be doing in life. My bad habits ,that I am conscious of perpetuating, are stressing me the hell out because I know I need to change them-- I try to intellectualize this process through learning so there is a conflict with my intuitive inclination towards spiritual/otherworldly techniques vs my intellectual side: proclivity to trial - error, and facts.
All these energies seem to work in concert when I simply tune into the emotion of the person I am trying help since , apparently I'm pretty receptive especially once I get close enough to a person.

Mystic Rectangle:

The core tensions that occur are once again my emotional needs versus what I feel I should be aspiring to-- I suppose everyone has this problem but I am literally obsessing about this all the time. Chiron opposite Saturn... Father abandonment issues: check, so I viewed everything that he believed in/stood for with contempt.

Yet somehow I saw that traditions, and society have a positive effect... my mind has a way of processing, and organizing information that's very efficient. My need for a unifying vision is connected with my desire to nurture and heal others, which increases my emotional receptivity. I seem to have a natural proclivity towards bettering myself--being a spiritual warrior. I can be really resourceful, and practical. I see the benefit of traditions yet my experience from my father has taught me that not every tradition works and therefore I welcome changes when I accept them as beneficial.

I pulled this aspect interpretations from various sites.... I'm going to gloat on myself for a bit now. I have natural talent of standing out which draws attention yet I value traditions deeply which in turn doesn't alienate people to my ideas and because I don't alienate them-- I am more effectively able to help them see the positive in changes.

SO my life destiny is to get over myself, and be of service? :} How did I do??
Thus I draw from the absurd three consequences,which are my revolt, my freedom, and my passion. By the mere activity of consciousness I transform into a rule of life what was an invitation to death—and I refuse suicide
Erriiieeee

Post by Erriiieeee »

I was also curious as to how I would go about finding Eris in my chart?

I tried following an ephemeris chart but I'm really ignorant when it comes to the mechanics of finding planet placements!
Thus I draw from the absurd three consequences,which are my revolt, my freedom, and my passion. By the mere activity of consciousness I transform into a rule of life what was an invitation to death—and I refuse suicide
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Eris was at 16 Deg 52 mins of Aries on the day of your birth and was retrograde - opposite your Venus, what does that mean?

OK, I can see you have an incredible mind as well as an incredible spirit. I can see the wheels turning inside your head as you leap into these intellectual activities. You are, quite, incredible. Did I call you a spiritual warrior because of your powerful and dominating mind?

You have used your mind to control your life, or to control the confusion of your life, is more like it. You have finely honed your mind to be sharp, like a razor blade, a samurai sword. It is the finest weapon in your arsenal.

Your challenge is to use your mind to get into your body, then to use your mind and body to get into your energy body.

I want you to think some more about this, because I know you will any way :) think about this system of mind, body and spirit / energy. It comes from Taoism, tai chi, a simple and very useful method of understanding us humans as spiritual beings - physical, mental, psychological, energetic.....

Tell me a little about your dreams and your meditations, how do you relax? How do you stop your mind?

I think you know where I am going with this :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Re Eris,

If I may suggest here, scroll down on this Forum to 'Mersenne's Transneptunians' or just click here for Eris thereinhttp://www.astrologersforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... b8bc92cbbe

I would also recommend Philip Sedgwick's site about such: http://philipsedgwick.com/

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Erriiieeee

Post by Erriiieeee »

ERIS:
So the keywords that were produced on these forums indicate that Eris reveals what we covet in a chart. Other sources use Eris's mythology as a touchstone so in that sense she represents strife, and competition. Eris's orbit doesn't even follow the trajectory of the other planets...it's an elliptical that orbits around the ten planets... So to me Eris's effects are on a grand scale...or inversely she's affects us deep within our psyche.

Just babbling here! So Eris (R) in Aries in the Seventh... following the thinking of Mersenne: I always think about being in a relationship with whatever girl is in my mind. The girls that have really become the apple of my eye-- I tend to obsess more about what our relationship would be like...I suppose that's the retrograde influence of Eris. I want to be in a relationship with someone desperately... when I ponder about this I see this as a quick fix for the inadequacy I feel within, and I also tend to fantasize about commitments. This squares Venus in the first which means my identity/health suffers from my obsession to be in a relationship. Both of these square Uranus in the fourth creating a T-Square... Maybe my ideal of home is twisted because I think I can only attain it through a committed relationship? If Eris invokes strife then the retrograde means I tend to be a doormat in relationships?

Dreams? As in my aspirations, and hopes much like the eleventh house? or enigmatic mosaics that my subconscious projects while I'm knocked out?

I dream to be able to make a career out of creative expression--writting, and/or photography. I dream to meet a lady that will make me feel rooted, that will make me push to be a better person for her, that will challenge me, and grow with me. I dream that I will be able overcome my own defects and become what I'm supposed to be. I dream that I will have the ability to tap in people's psyche's and help instill change in them whether that be through photography/writing, or simply therapeutic conversations.

My actual dreams I have tend to be macabre and unsettling but I tend to wake up multiple times during my sleep so I forget most of what I dream about. I'd rather remember a nightmare then just black out into nothing...to find myself shocked back to reality.

Meditation--I don't do much of that! I currently hole myself up in a cafe...chain smoke cigarettes while studying astrology and writting out my friend's charts. This seems make me feel at ease and not restless. I follow this up with daily cycling...

I created this chart with additional planets...I see two T-Squares that seem to disrupt my natural talents:
(Venus Opposite Eris, Venus/Eris Square Uranus) (Moon Opposite Ceres, Moon/Ceres Square Jupiter)
What are your general impressions about these and their relation with the Yod, and Mystic rectangle? They seem to intersect directly into this aspects!
Attachments
astro_2ase_03_ching_yee.29115.22845.gif
astro_2ase_03_ching_yee.29115.22845.gif (110.11 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

that is a beautiful chart - advice to all budding astrologers, placing too many points/asteroids in a chart just makes it confusing. You have wisely kept it conservative and added just the one extra point. I always use Chiron, I was weaned on Chiron, I sometimes use Eros but never Eris, maybe I will check her out in my own chart...

Eris is a dwarf planet, discovered January 5th 2005 and named "Eris" on September 13, 2006. A highly eccentric orbit of 557 years nearly twice as long as Pluto (Pluto orbits in 240 years). Although just a speck in the sky it is thought to be slightly lager than Pluto. Eris was at 8 degrees Aries in 1957 and 21 degrees Aries in 2013. It travels very slowly everybody alive today has Eris conjunct someone else's Eris.

So if we use Eris in our readings we would not bother comparing her in aspect with a friend's or a lover, because it would be much the same degree.

In your chart, you got it right, she is disruptive and seeks truth by pressing buttons, at least we think that is how Eris operates. Astrologers still have more study and research to do before being completely confident that this is how she behaves.
Erriiieeee

Post by Erriiieeee »

With Eris: My romantic idealism/delusion with said pretty lady tends to give way quickly to suspicion. I don't know if that's a defense mechanism I've fabricated from past relation, but it seems Eris implies that I start to strain relationships unconsciously by negative projection to see if they actually can hold up to my idealism. I'm not sure why i'm so interested in Eris-- it's a gut proclivity :D something in my body tells me to pay attention to Eris. So is it the House placement that Eris's in that's generational? Does that mean what I'm dealing with in regards to relationships is an issue that everyone is dealing with at this time of our lives?

In regards with the triangle of well being: (Mind,Body,Spirit) I know that I've definitely neglected my body (9 Years of drug abuse)... I think I see the result of what this causes. Most of the time I feel that I'm not receptive to other people--I believed this for a while but this belief was slowly dissolving by random moments of deep receptivity with others. I think once I harmonize the three pillars then I can begin moving away from myself and start to nurture my apparent receptive qualities. Meditation drives me insane because I've been taught (by whom, I know not!) that it's through action that growth springs. Meditation seems counter-intuitive to being productive with self-betterment... but I'm reconsidering this.

My mind is even more scattered today...I'm dealing with financial issues and I know that my second house affects the first. (Libra in II House Cusp/ Venus in the I ) I'm starting really consider meditation so thank you so much for helping me dilapidate my obdurate stance on meditation.
Erriiieeee

Post by Erriiieeee »

I'm sorry for the double post! I can't edit my last reply.

Eris: VII Opposite Venus: Libra in the I in which both square Uranus:Capricorn in the Fourth..... So I destroy relationships that don't meet my perniciously passive test which-- this is where I get lost. The Fourth House is both where we call home, and it's where the stars hint at our unconscious foundation. What exactly does Uranus in the fourth mean in regards to that context? That unconsciously I seek independence, and I am inherently erratic?

Ceres rules nurturing which seem to be pertinent to me since the constellations hint at a need to be the universe's stay at home dad :roll:

So Ceres:Sag in III Quincunx Moon: Gemini in IX-- Both Square Jupiter:Virgo in XII

Ceres in Sagittarius denotes that I try to nurture people through conversation, and bigger picture views does not fit with my emotional need to be uplifted by a philosophical outlook...these both are stressing Jupiter out. Is this a viscous cycle? I know I panic when I cant find the right words to help someone I care about...that makes me question my beliefs due to virgo's influence which in turn exacerbates my restlessness because I lose faith in that belief. Does that sound about right?

What are your thoughts about these two T-Squares?
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

your thoughts are racing, please slow down a bit, I can't keep up - did I say you had a lot of Mercurial energy?

Venus is read as part of a network of planets, signs and Houses. We try to read it holistically but it is hard. Venus is opp Eris and squared by Uranus, Neptune and North Node plus it is sextile Chiron plus Venus is in Libra in the 1st House plus the 1st House is Virgo Ruled by Mercury and Mercury is in the 4th House where Neptune, Uranus and North Node reside Neptune is Ruled by Pisces which is the......

Astrology is complicated isn't it, nothing is simple and set, the rules help us build an understanding and sometimes doing a comprehensive reading like that takes days, weeks, months...

So if we can focus on Venus for a while we might actually find what is feeding your 'instincts/urges/drivers' for relationships you mentioned.

May I suggest we stick to Venus for a while, analyse each component then slowly draw it together?

The spiritual warrior takes a long, slow look at the task ahead of him before deciding how to tackle it, sticking to a single planet is one way to do that. And if you can do a short meditation on your Venus, that is another way to become 'engaged' :)

Are you OK with that proposition?
Erriiieeee

Post by Erriiieeee »

Okay!

How do I begin a meditation towards Venus's influence on me? Do you have any pointers to get me started?

I thought about what Venus meant to me today and in my thoughts I saw myself as if I was actually a girl. I haven't had time to meditate today but I will do so tomorrow and update you on how it goes!