Am I right in how I'm reading my chart?

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
goodie

Am I right in how I'm reading my chart?

Post by goodie »

I'm pretty new to this and have been reading/watching a lot, but I feel as though my chart is showing that I have a lot of oppositional placements.. When I look at other charts on the internet the connections (lines) are usually spaced fairly evenly, while my connections, especially the red lines, are condensed and contained in the XII and VI houses. Is this significant? Do I have a 'weird' chart?

Another question: I don't understand which of my planets are in retrograde, if that matters - again, just starting out!

Thanks for any help given! :)

Female
Jul 11 1989
9:11pm
Mission, BC (49.1329° N, 122.3262° W)
joe00uk

Re: Am I right in how I'm reading my chart?

Post by joe00uk »

Hi goodie,

Well, I'd certainly say that your chart has more oppositions in it than average, but that's not to say your chart is 'weird'. Everyone's chart is different, some have more of certain aspects in them than others, some have less, some have many planets close together, others are more spaced out. What it does suggest is more struggle within yourself and perhaps more divided loyalties over certain things and areas of your life, particularly between the practical everyday realities of your life represented by the planets in the 6th House and the more nebulous, spiritual side of life represented by the planets in the 12th House. Maybe you also find that you need another person to really resolve some of these contradictions. I could be wrong - you tell me, lol.

To tell which planets are retrograde, look for that little 'r' to the right of the symbol for the planet. So, in your chart, that little 'r' appears for Pluto, Uranus, Saturn, and Neptune. That means that these four planets are all retrograde. It doesn't typically matter a whole lot, but it depends on the life of the individual. Maybe they'll matter more to you than they would to another person, or maybe they'll matter less. Usually retrograde planets have the effect of directing the energies of these planets inward and into your subconscious rather than directing them in an outward or obvious manners. Maybe some of the characteristics your Natal Chart might say about you in relation to the placement of these planets are less obvious, maybe you won't identify with them so much because they're quite hidden.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Joe.
goodie

Post by goodie »

Thanks so much for this! I guess what I meant by weird was uncommon, so thanks for that. Interesting to hear about the retrogrades. Good to know.
joe00uk

Post by joe00uk »

You're very welcome, goodie!

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with :)

- Joe