no birth time: no first house?

This area of the forum is for Western and Vedic astrology discussions. Please post personal issues in the appropriate forum area.

Moderator: Noel Eastwood

mariette

no birth time: no first house?

Post by mariette »

In Western Astrology, when someone has no hint of their birth time, what `tools` are available to decide on
a First House? As Sun is considered main luminary, would it be thought bona fide to choose the Sun Sign
as the starting point for the houses? I know that in Vedic astrology, in this situation the Moon Sign would
be taken as first house.
Also: even if there is a birth time and the Ascendant is known, what about counting
houses from Sun and from Moon signs, to open the reading up so to speak; is this the practise of some
astrologers?
Thanks,
Mariette
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: no birth time: no first house?

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Mariette, no birth times means no Ascendant or house cusps, so yes, correct. It can be rectified but it is very hard, you'll need a darn good astrologer and Sherlock Holmes to track down dates of events that will help point to your Ascendant.

When starting a reading every astrologer does it differently. I usually start with the first house and work from there. As for counting houses from Sun to Moon, maybe some astrologers do that, I really don't have an answer to that question.