How were the personality traits of each sign determined?

This area of the forum is for Western and Vedic astrology discussions. Please post personal issues in the appropriate forum area.

Moderator: Noel Eastwood

Brony

How were the personality traits of each sign determined?

Post by Brony »

Where did it come from that Gemini are communicative, inconsistent, adaptable and Taurus reliable, persistent, security loving etc etc...
I can't seem to find any information on where these things came from and how they were determined.
Is it all just made up or vaguely based off of energetic associations or were people's personalities studied???
Does anyone have any facts on this?
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: How were the personality traits of each sign determined?

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Brony, if you do find out please tell us.

Actually it goes way back in time, thousands of years, you will need to do a search on the history of astrology. How it came about could be experience, inspiration, divination... I guess we may never know but we can speculate. What do you think?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Brony,

My understanding is that the qualities of each Sign of the Tropical Zodiac arise from the way in which the seasons unfold (Northern Hemisphere), and where each Sign falls during the course of the Sun through the seasonal changes throughout the year.

For example, Aries (cardinal Fire)– represents the first point of spring when warmer air encourages the seed to sprout and force its way out of the security of its earthy womb as it strives to emerge into the light of the Sun. So Aries is about this compulsive urge ‘to Be’, to exist.

Taurus (Fixed Earth) – the second phase of spring is when Nature is still new, tender and unfledged. Taurus is essentially aware of this vulnerability and so where Aries strains upwards and outwards, Taurus develops a root system to establish security and stability.

Gemini (Mutable Air) – having established a sense of security, this phase of nature now feels ready to joyfully proliferate with an abundance of floral display. Gemini is like the butterfly, or busy bee that flies from one flower to another gathering pollen (information) and transferring it to other plants (communication and spreading ‘information’).

I won’t go through each of these phases as I’m sure you can see for yourself how this would proceed according the each Sign’s characteristics.

Of course, whether this was how it actually originated or whether it is how it eventually developed, I don't know.

Hope that helps.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

wow, I am blown away but your great description Admin, they way you describe it makes it sound exactly how it evolved.

I know I am a pain but... would you please complete the list? I love it :)