Want to understand

This area of the forum is for Western and Vedic astrology discussions. Please post personal issues in the appropriate forum area.

Moderator: Noel Eastwood

Popeye85

Want to understand

Post by Popeye85 »

Hi all. This is my first post and before I say anything else I wish to make it clear I wish no offense to anybody.
I am a keen Astronomer and obviously our two studies have a certain overlap, however as I'm sure your aware astronomers often disregard astrology as nonsense, a pseudoscience. I like to think of myself as more own minded then that and will not believe something just because someone else told me so. That is why I am here-to try and understand and find out what evidence their is that astrology is real and true and deserves to be followed. I doubt you guys are idiots so what is it that gives you such faith in astrology and can this study be proved to be genuine.
Again I am not intending to cause offence I just wish to understand before I either follow astrology it dismiss it.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Want to understand

Post by admin »

Hi Popeye85,

I'm a bit of an astronomy buff myself and can certainly understand why any rational person - especially an astronomer - would query astrology - I did so myself. But after over 40 years of study and use, well...I've proved to myself its validity.

It's rather difficult to condense it all into a few words or even paragraphs, so I suggest that perhaps you might start by taking a look at 'Mersenne's Microcosm' here on the Forum, particularly in the areas where he has done (and is still doing) statistical research into the subject.

You might also like to ask a personal question and post your own birth data on the Forum here as this may give you some idea or insight into the matter.

And...no offense taken at all ! (I would mention that one of my favourite cosmologists - Carl Sagan - loathed astrology and its proponents, but that didn't change my opinion of him at all :) ).

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]