Cardinality

This area of the forum is for Western and Vedic astrology discussions. Please post personal issues in the appropriate forum area.

Moderator: Noel Eastwood

whirlbee

Re: Cardinality

Post by whirlbee »

Sure, if they were stuck in the forest, all the modes would end up building an abode and hunting/gathering food, etc, and they would go about it in their own way. None of us can go through life without taking actions on a daily basis, we all have things that need to be done, we all face challenges, we all encounter problems that have to be solved, and so on. But I don't see the fixed signs as particularly action-oriented, I would associate that with the cardinal signs. If coming to live in the forest was not their own decision, fixed signs would probably be the last ones to make it their home.
explore astrological symbolism
http://astro.freeforums.eu/
Lilith78

Post by Lilith78 »

I believe I did a bad job of asking the question. I am not sure of a good way to ask it is the biggest problem. I agree that fixed signs are not good at taking action. Or as I would put it they do not take initiative. So yes, they would be the last person in the forest, to build a home. I am guessing, they have the least need as well. I believe if one owns a ranch, when the day is almost over, the horses are put in their stables. I am not sure what happens to the bull. I am guessing it too is put in a stable, but I don't know.

If that bull is out in the open and on its own, it may not need any kind of shelter. The fit bull may be able to survive out in the open. It can do this, because bulls (IE Taurus) possess vast reserves of stamina. They, unlike horses, are unable to run from one of the United States to the other, but they can pull a vast amount of weight for a large part of the day. Once again, I know i am making assumptions.

The point I was trying to make earlier, is let us suppose, there is a forest. In this forest is Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius. Libra takes initiative by acknowledging the needs of both Gemini and Aquarius. Then comes up with some basic kind of plan. Gemini takes that plan, and thinks about it. Plus, Gemini may even take initiative at this point, and scout out the forest and gather the various ingredients Libra requests. When Gemini is done doing this, and thinking about Libra's plans, Aquarius steps in. Aquarius looks at the plans and voices the problems it has with the plans. Luckily, Aquarius being a fixed sign and able to resist the environment does not need the plan to come to fruition quickly. Aquarius is content with waiting for the plan to be really well tested, before the plan is written in stone. While, I am pretty sure I am wrong about both Libra and Gemini's role in this forest, the part I need you to address is Aquarius role in all of this. While I never made the assumption that Aquarius had been involved in formalizing plans before being placed in This Forest, I hope that you assume that Aquarius while not being born yesterday, has never been involved in coming up with or formalizing a plan for a forest in the past. Does this make sense?
Lilith78

Post by Lilith78 »

I was just reading in The Only Astrology Book You will Ever Need the definition for Cardinal, Fixed, and Mutable. Before I tell you them, please pay attention to the fact that only two of the three have an emphasis on the type of activity. Here are their definitions:

"Cardinal: Open to change. Emphasis on action. Tries to change environment. Projects self unto surroundings."
"Fixed: Resistant to change. Single-minded in pursuits. Not easily swayed. Tries to mold environment to the will."
"Mutable: Changeable and flexible. Mentally explorative. Emphasis on intellectual activity. Adaptable to environment."

I believe Whirlbee has already answered this question. Just to be sure I wish to say it regardless. Cardinal signs place the emphasis on action. This is how they take initiative. If a cardinal sign sees a need, they take action to satisfy the need. Whereas, Mutable signs place the emphasis on intellectual activity. If a Mutable sign sees a need, they mentally explore the need and come up with an idea on how to deal with the need. So if a person (purely hypothetical) only has two signs in their chart. One sign is a cardinal sign. The other sign is a mutable sign. I would guess this person first thinks about what needs to be done, and they may even wonder why the need is a need in the first place, but then the person takes action and does something. However, I am not sure how accurate this is. So please, if you don't mind tell me how you would figure this hybrid would behave.

Lastly, if Cardinal sings place the emphasis on action and Mutable signs place the emphasis on intellectual activity, where do Fixed signs place the emphasis? Does the fact they don't have an emphasis mean they take a balance approach to acting as to intellectual activity? Seems to me Whirlbee has already said the Fixed signs do both. Is this true Whirlbee?