Astrology Book Advice Needed.

This area of the forum is for Western and Vedic astrology discussions. Please post personal issues in the appropriate forum area.

Moderator: Noel Eastwood

Denv12

Re: Astrology Book Advice Needed.

Post by Denv12 »

Petra Filiz wrote:It was a great book especially about how to recognize each stars signs features and their physical features.
I love the book.I tried to find the right edition. Bought a few of the wrong ones. Those are all dated 1988.
Have you got a copy of the book? If you have,could you tell me what part of each chapter the author refers to physical features?
For example, "Leo's".

Thanks for your reply.
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

As I cant edit my original post I am updating my post now. I scanned 2 copies of my books.These show a different page with the print date,etc. If any of you have copies that are a later date please let me know. If you can scan the same pages please post them.

One thing I need to find is where in the chapters it refers to the way of recognising each signs physical features.
I thought that there was a separate paragraph. For example, in the "Leo" it was somewhere between summary,leo partnerships and sexuality. It was titled in bold black font for each chapter. I think it might have been listed in the contents page too.
Attachments
The other variation.
The other variation.
RTS2 001 (877 x 638).jpg (88.64 KiB) Viewed 2623 times
Romancing the stars.
Romancing the stars.
RTS1B 001 (877 x 638).jpg (92.23 KiB) Viewed 2623 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Denv12,

In one of your first messages you mentioned that you had contacted Penny Thornton..." I did contact the author and she doesnt remember." I'm at a loss as to why she can't remember a book she had written when you contacted her. Inevitably, you've been to her website: http://www.astrolutely.com/books.php ?

Strange.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

admin wrote:Hi Denv12,

In one of your first messages you mentioned that you had contacted Penny Thornton..." I did contact the author and she doesnt remember." I'm at a loss as to why she can't remember a book she had written when you contacted her. Inevitably, you've been to her website: http://www.astrolutely.com/books.php ?

Strange.

Admin.
Hi Admin.

Thats the book.Yes,its the 1989 edition I'm after not the 1988 edition and (5) copies that I've already got.
I contacted her recently. I guess I just got to keep looking. Of all books I'm after,thats the one I cant find. I keep finding every other book I want,not just restricted to astrology books.I spent a lot of money lately.Must sell my unwanted books some time.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oh Denv12,

I guess you'll have to put them up for sale. Always difficult to part with books, but if they're not wanted anymore... ... ...

By the way, have you checked the libraries in your area ? Sometimes they have copies of books such as this. Well, of course you must have done so given your intense search.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

admin wrote:Oh Denv12,

I guess you'll have to put them up for sale. Always difficult to part with books, but if they're not wanted anymore... ... ...

By the way, have you checked the libraries in your area ? Sometimes they have copies of books such as this. Well, of course you must have done so given your intense search.

Admin.
I suggested to the author to consider a reprint.

I've separated the unwanted books.Thats no longer a problem.Finding buyers is.The 2nd hand bookshops,etc dont pay much.1 shop told me they wont pay for stock but they expect people to donate.I didnt bother. Frugal and rude buyers.Ebay,etc is changing for the worse.

I did buy a copy that was supposed to be 1989 edition.It was the 1988 edition.They listed another copy of it as 1989.I'm not buying from there again.

I'll keep hunting around for it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Denv12,

What a to-do ! It's odd that if her book is in such demand she doesn't approach her publishers. Only thing I can think of is that perhaps she might not have had a good relationship with them.

And re your unwanted books, of course you've considered Amazon for such. What a horrible experience with those other sites !

Meanwhile, back on the hunt !

Admin.
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

admin wrote:Hi Denv12,

What a to-do ! It's odd that if her book is in such demand she doesn't approach her publishers. Only thing I can think of is that perhaps she might not have had a good relationship with them.

And re your unwanted books, of course you've considered Amazon for such. What a horrible experience with those other sites !

Meanwhile, back on the hunt !

Admin.
I doubt she will reprint the book.I dont know if there is a demand for the book no matter which edition.
I'm in Australia.Sending books overseas costs a fortune.Its an expensive way to sell 1 book at a time.I have around 300 books to sell after sorting out every book I own.

The hunt goes on.I havent given up.I keep finding other books that I've been looking for.
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

To bring you up to date on this matter,I have since purchased another 2 copies of this book.Both of them were listed as the 1989 edition.Both of them arrived,they are are the 1988 edition.I now have 6 copies of the wrong edition.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Denv12,

Oh what a to-do !!! How incredibly FRUSTRATING ! I can only begin to imagine how you felt on finding that they were still the wrong edition.

In Aust. you can usually find anything that's published here in the National Library catalog, but, don't know about overseas. Maybe you could find it here: http://www.bl.uk/reshelp/findhelprestyp ... rcats.html

Good Luck !

Admin.