Astrology Book Advice Needed.

This area of the forum is for Western and Vedic astrology discussions. Please post personal issues in the appropriate forum area.

Moderator: Noel Eastwood

Denv12

Astrology Book Advice Needed.

Post by Denv12 »

I have bought several books over the years and found some good ones. Some years ago,around the early 1990s I bought a book called "Romancing The Stars",By Penny Thornton. One of the things I liked about the book was in each chapter there was a paragraph on each sun sign that would tell you how to recognise each of the sun signs by facial features. For example,it mentioned in Aquarius about some of them have the electric blue eyes.Another sign had Azure blue eyes. The Libra had the dimples,etc.,Leo had the almond shaped eyes and so on. I lost my copy and had to buy it again.
The editions I have were printed in 1988 by Aquarian Press.
The ISBN is:0-85030-750-3. It also stated that the book was first published as "Suns & Lovers" in 1986.
Out of the 4 copies I have now it doesnt mention how to recognise each signs facial features.Is it possible that this book was revised after 1988 edition? If so,what year? Its that edition that I'm looking for. I did contact the author and she doesnt remember.
If you have any copies of the "Romancing the Stars" book and it explains the features of each sign,can you take a photo of the cover and the page showing the date,etc then post it here?

I did find another book called:
"The Astrological Body Types:face,form and expression".
By Judith A Hill.,Published by Stellium Press,I think its the 2011 edition,3rd edition revised.
ISBN:0-945685-21-1.
CAM02718 (507 x 676).jpg
CAM02718 (507 x 676).jpg (54.79 KiB) Viewed 3044 times
Thanks.
Attachments
CAM02720 (507 x 676).jpg
CAM02720 (507 x 676).jpg (42.62 KiB) Viewed 3044 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Astrology Book Advice Needed.

Post by admin »

Have you tried: http://www.amazon.com/Romancing-Stars-A ... 332&sr=1-2

I note that one of the reviews there mentions your particular interest:

"This has to be one of the best astrology books on not only individual sun signs but all the compatibility of all combinations too.
Penny Thornton writes sensibly and her efforts make the book so much better.
One of the many things I like about this book is that the author includes physical features of each of the 12 sun signs.For example,she gives an example of the "Leo" eyes.Its the first time I've ever seem that mentioned.Now I know why the Leo women have always fascinated me,its the "Leo" eyes.
Beautiful book."

Hope that helps.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

admin wrote:Have you tried: http://www.amazon.com/Romancing-Stars-A ... 332&sr=1-2

I note that one of the reviews there mentions your particular interest:

Hope that helps.

Best,
Admin.
Thanks Admin.
Yes,I'm familiar with this review.Unfortunately that book edition doesnt have the information I'm looking for.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hmmm. OK...I'll keep searching and will surely let you know if I find what you are looking for. (Am 'dog with a bone' and won't give up).

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

Sorry admin.The book listed and the review refers to an earlier edition.I think the book might have been revised later which might be the edition I'm looking for.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi again Denv12,

I thought it might be helpful to point out (should you not be aware of the matter, and please excuse me if I'm making such an assumption erroneously) that 'facial features' , although based on 'Sun' signs, aren't always only and simply relevant to a person's Sun sign, but can often pertain to a person's Ascendant, (or its 'ruling planet'), or Moon sign, or to many planets in a particular sign, or even a a planet placed at the Midheaven of a chart.

Having said that, there are many books that contain such as you are seeking with regard to this matter, for e.g. "12 Times 12", by Joan McEvers; "Rising Signs" by Carolyn R. Dodson; "Life Signs" by Julia and Derek Parker; and their "The Compleat Astrologer's Sun-Signs Guide"; and, "Rising Signs" by Sasha Fenton.

These are all very basic texts, but perhaps could assist you in your search.

Best,
Admin.
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

admin wrote:Hi again Denv12,

I thought it might be helpful to point out (should you not be aware of the matter, and please excuse me if I'm making such an assumption erroneously) that 'facial features' , although based on 'Sun' signs, aren't always only and simply relevant to a person's Sun sign, but can often pertain to a person's Ascendant, (or its 'ruling planet'), or Moon sign, or to many planets in a particular sign, or even a a planet placed at the Midheaven of a chart.

Having said that, there are many books that contain such as you are seeking with regard to this matter, for e.g. "12 Times 12", by Joan McEvers; "Rising Signs" by Carolyn R. Dodson; "Life Signs" by Julia and Derek Parker; and their "The Compleat Astrologer's Sun-Signs Guide"; and, "Rising Signs" by Sasha Fenton.

These are all very basic texts, but perhaps could assist you in your search.

Best,
Admin.
Hi admin.

As the book "Romancing the stars" does have a paragraph in each star sign chapter on recognising each sign,its how I learnt about the "Leo" eyes.Its in that book.I had a copy of that book here in Australia I bought locally around 1990 somewhere.It must have been the revised edition because it isnt in any of the editions published around 1988.The author did have an earlier edition published in 1986 but it has a different name.

One book I do have specifically on the subject is the one shown in the photo below.

I'll keep looking for the right edition.I bought 5 copies so far and they arent the right ones.
Thanks for your help.
Attachments
CAM02813 (507 x 676).jpg
CAM02813 (507 x 676).jpg (55.38 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Denv12,

Smiled with happy memories of such as the Adyar Bookshop, I think it was in Bathurst St. ? Spent many wonderful hours there. Also, (whilst I was still in Sydney) there was another in York St. ? "Aquarian Bookshop" ? My reminiscences took me also to that wonderful 2nd hand bookshop in Berrima...Berkeleow's (had to look it up as couldn't remember the name).

Happy searching, and...thanks for the memories.

Best,
Admin.
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

admin wrote:Hi Denv12,

Smiled with happy memories of such as the Adyar Bookshop, I think it was in Bathurst St. ? Spent many wonderful hours there. Also, (whilst I was still in Sydney) there was another in York St. ? "Aquarian Bookshop" ? My reminiscences took me also to that wonderful 2nd hand bookshop in Berrima...Berkeleow's (had to look it up as couldn't remember the name).

Happy searching, and...thanks for the memories.

Best,
Admin.
Hi Admin.
I'm from Adelaide,where I bought the Penny Thornton book locally(Burnside Village).
Its good when smemories are brought back.Love sharing memories myself.
Chris.
Petra Filiz

Post by Petra Filiz »

It was a great book especially about how to recognize each stars signs features and their physical features.