Astrology Book Advice Needed.

This area of the forum is for Western and Vedic astrology discussions. Please post personal issues in the appropriate forum area.

Moderator: Noel Eastwood

Denv12

Re: Astrology Book Advice Needed.

Post by Denv12 »

admin wrote:Hi Denv12,

Oh what a to-do !!! How incredibly FRUSTRATING ! I can only begin to imagine how you felt on finding that they were still the wrong edition.

In Aust. you can usually find anything that's published here in the National Library catalog, but, don't know about overseas. Maybe you could find it here: http://www.bl.uk/reshelp/findhelprestyp ... rcats.html

Good Luck !

Admin.
Hi admin.

I think they just listed the books as 1989 editions without checking. I reported the problem to amazon as it was their 2 listings that lead me to those copies.I got a refund the last time and they allowed me to keep the book.I wonder if its a common thing with any books.I found another copy listed as 1989 one so I sent the store an email to ask if its the 89 edition or not.If its not I wont buy it.

I remember the edition I originally had back years ago.None of my 1988 copies have got the section in each star sign chapter.That copy must have been the 1989 edition.

Its frustrating but it shows there's a problem with listed books.I've bought one car book earlier this year from an online website and they gave me a refund and they told me to keep the book.Even got a wrong book delivered from an ebay strore too,that got sorted out too.

Back to searching.You'd think a copy would be available somewhere where someone can look at the book and identify the edition.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Denv12,

That's really good information. Thanks !

Will await your next report about this with bated breath !

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

An update for today.

I've located another 2 copies of the 1989 edition. I bought one of them today. The other copy I'm still waiting to hear back from them in my request to know which edition they have in stock.Each copy respectively listed as 1989 edition.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

And so the saga continues... Will await the next episode. :|

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

Denv12 wrote:An update for today.

I've located another 2 copies of the 1989 edition. I bought one of them today. The other copy I'm still waiting to hear back from them in my request to know which edition they have in stock.Each copy respectively listed as 1989 edition.
Update:
The book I bought yesterday is from the same website.They replied today.Now I just wait for the book to be delivered so I can see which one I bought.
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

Sorry to breing more bad news to this ongoing situation.Here we go again. Another copy arrived today.It was listed as May 1989 but its the 1988 edition. I now have 7 copies of the 1988 edition.
I just sent the online shop an email with a scan of the cover and the copyright page and all other respective information.
It doesnt make sense that a book is listed with one year and the copyright shows another year. I dont think check their books to well.
I have a friend in Australia who is looking for the 1989 edition for me.I'm an Aussie too.

I got to keep looking. I remember buying my first copy back around 1992.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I surely do admire your persistence ! It surely has been a saga of lengthy proportions and will probably become an historical matter. I do understand why you are so determined to find it and I'll be very interested to see how you feel about it once you have it. 8)

Admin.
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

admin wrote:I surely do admire your persistence ! It surely has been a saga of lengthy proportions and will probably become an historical matter. I do understand why you are so determined to find it and I'll be very interested to see how you feel about it once you have it. 8)

Admin.
Thanks admin. I'm determined to get the right copy.As I had a refund from 2 other places and told to keep the ones sent its a nice gesture.I'm still doing business with them.

I'll be relieved to have the right addition. Knowing the author couldnt offer any information isnt helping.

I looked in the book "Love Signs" by Linda Goodman to see if I might have got it confused with that book.I still have my daily diary from 1992 so I might look through it to see if there's mention of it.I used write everything down. Knowing that there was a comment on the "Leo Eyes" in the book solved a life time riddle for me.I dont forget things like that.

If anyone has other astrology books that talk about pairing up the males of each sign with the females of each sign and how to recognise each sign,please let me know if there is any reference in the "Leo" chapter on the Leo eyes. I remember in the Aquarius chapter it mentioned "Electric Blue eyes". I'm sure it was the "Romancing the stars" book.I've got 7 copies now just all the wrong edition.
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

Today I went through my various year diaries. I discovered that a bookshop at the time called "Arien Books",they had 2 shops in Adelaide.1 in Glenelg and the other in Burnside Shopping Village. I ordered the book on the 30th of December 1992. Their books were all new. I dont know how long they had the book in stock though.

I did discover this little bit of information.I found a listing. There are 2 ISBN's for the 1989 edition:
1) 0850307503.
2) 97880850307504.

The problem is all my copies show the 0850307503.

The 1988 edition has 528 pages.
The 1989 (revised) edition has 582 pages.

I'll keep looking.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Have you tried searching http://www.nla.gov.au/getting-started/catalogue ? Perhaps there you can find a library that has the ISBN 97880850307504.

That's only one possibility. I found many with regard to tracing books in various libraries. Have a look, if you haven't already done so.

Good Luck.

Admin.