Are the Chinese Vedic and Tropical Zodiac stacked?

This area of the forum is for Western and Vedic astrology discussions. Please post personal issues in the appropriate forum area.

Moderator: Noel Eastwood

astroask

Are the Chinese Vedic and Tropical Zodiac stacked?

Post by astroask »

Are there three zodiacs?

Each with thirteen signs.

I have read there are three zodiacs.

The western Tropical zodiac has 13 signs and it is IN THE MIDDLE.

The other two zodiacs are above and below the Tropical zodiac signs.

The Sidereal is above the Tropical and the third zodiac is below the Tropical zodiac. (my guess)
The Chinese zodiac maybe below the Tropical zodiac (my guess)

All Natal charts are slightly wrong and there for need to be adjusted because they lack the thirteenth sign.

Both the eastern and western zodiacs can be integrated also

Link to Integration of zodiac wheels:

http://www.amazon.com/Vedic-Western-Ast ... tion+books

Link to Ophuicus:
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154488

Link to Three zodiacs:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1TFJEDIYF ... hisHelpful

I am correct with this information?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Are the Chinese Vedic and Tropical Zodiac stacked?

Post by admin »

Hi astroask,

Yes, 13th Sign can be very confusing. Many years ago I had managed to, I thought, figure it out. Then I came across this book by James Vogh, 'Arachne Rising, The Thirteenth Sign', publisher: Granada Publishing Limited, 1977. Threw me into major confusion as his arguments were very plausible. (He suggested that it was across Taurus/Gemini which is, yes, opposite current opinion). So, having been working on 13th sign as Ophiuchus (across Scorpio/Sag), I gave up...for a while.

But, the main issue about the 13th sign is that it is relevant to the Moon, there being 13 'Moons' each year. Meanwhile, this might be of interest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiuchus

I will have to leave you with this and apologise for scanty assistance.

Will look forward to any further enlightenment on the matter. Good Luck !

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
astroask

Post by astroask »

Thank You for your help.
My post does not seem so irrelevant now that someone responded.
I don't think things through all the time. And post questions that seem kind of silly.
We are in an age where the solar system is changing and there are so many questions.
I felt like I could've asked a better question.
My question was not totally stupid,right?

Gemini's speak before they think and can get in trouble or seem stupid when saying dumb stuff. Then Iregret it.
This is only a computer. So being dumb does not hurt as much unless you're in public.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I certainly would not call your query ‘dumb’, especially in your attempt to understand such a complex and, as you said, constantly growing and therefore increasingly confusing subject. I call it ‘enthusiasm’. Just keep searching and asking. That’s the only way to uncover and discover...Right ? :D

Best to you,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Petra Filiz

Post by Petra Filiz »

Are there any books on astrology that you would recommend for beginners?
astroask

Post by astroask »

I do not know any good books that a person who is beginning should get.

but I dislike books which use words that you have to look up in the dictionary.
Astrology is hard to understand especially at first. changing the diet, meditation,yoga,
sleep, and speed reading are all helpful in learning astrology.

Do not expect to pick it up overnight it takes time to learn because astrology is right brained and English is a left brained.
Fasting helps me understand alot of subjects better.

This forum lists a couple of good books on astrology by Robert Hand.
They are Planets In Transit and Horoscope Symbols.
Phillip

Post by Phillip »

what is a general difference between Chinese vedic and tropical zodiac
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Phillip,
That’s a very big question. Short response is that Chinese astrology is based on 12 signs, each of which is related to 12 animals and each cycle of 12 years begins at the Chinese New Year, which can vary slightly each year...usually around early February. It’s a 60 year cycle. Better if you research online, e.g. http://www.softschools.com/facts/holida ... facts/143/

There are of course, the basics (similar to Sun Sign astrology), but the whole system is very complex and an art of its own.

Vedic astrology is based on the ‘sidereal zodiac’, i.e. the real and actual places of the planets in the sky. This is why it’s difficult for those who follow Vedic astrology to come to terms with ‘Western/tropical’ zodiac astrology, which is based on the seasons and way out of alignment with the true/astronomical positions of the planets, e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_astrology Vedic astrology is particularly good with regard to predictions. Tropical zodiac astrology tends to look more at psychological elements.

They all ‘work’, in their own ways as those who use each of these, understand their own systems as a result of much study. It can be very confusing so after having studied each of these systems myself, the one that ‘suited’ me was the ‘tropical zodiac’. Have fun researching. :roll:

Best,
Admin.