The Great Conjunction of Jupiter/Saturn

Transits are the most obvious and immediately evident way in which astrological influences can be shown to continue beyond the natal horoscope. They are a rich and complex means of exploring and suggesting ongoing opportunities for personal/psychological development within, not only an individual, but also within Families, and Countries.
admin
Site Admin

The Great Conjunction of Jupiter/Saturn

Post by admin »

Jupiter and Saturn come together in a conjunction every 20 years, but this upcoming conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn is a "Great Conjunction" - the last such occurring in 1623. (NASA: https://www.space.com/17933-nasa-televi ... ce-tv.html
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvQgisE ... e=emb_logo ).

It is called a Great Conjunction as, this time, Jupiter and Saturn occur in the same right ascension or celestial longitude and therefore appear as one single body.  At other times, their "conjunction" is in the same degree zodiacally/astrologically, but astronomically, although in line with each other, (in the same zodiacal degree), they are higher or lower in the sky from each other.

This Great Conjunction occurs on the 21st Dec. 2020 on the Solstice (Latin: "sol" - sun, and "sistere" - to stand still), i.e. the point at which the Sun appears to stop moving (then to reverse direction) giving us the "longest day" in the Southern Hemisphere, and "shortest day" in the Northern Hemisphere.

This Jupiter/Saturn conjunction occurs (Western Astrology Zodiac) in the 1st deg. of Aquarius and naturally suggests a pivotal point in world matters.  

Looking at some of the Degree Symbols for this 1st Deg. Aquarius:

"Two crossed fending swords are hanging on a wall.  On the cross-point a laurel wreath is fixed.  On the floor are two fencing masks". 
Described as: "...contests with a human and social meaning or aim;  sudden aggression..." and so on along those lines.

And Rudhyar's version:
"An old adobe mission-post nestles in (California's) brown hills"
Described as: "...moving away from the battles of the world into inner reflection".    ("The Zodiac Image Handbook", Koppejan).

So often these "symbols" reflect conditions.

Bearing in mind that such major planetary configurations (like Eclipses), influence a period of time prior to and after the actual event or date, other transits need always to be considered.
Note that we will have on the 30th Nov. an Appulse Lunar Eclipse in the 9th Degree of Gemini opp. Sun Sagittarius; and then on the 14th Dec. a Total Solar Eclipse in the 24th Degree of Sagittarius.

I'm not going to attempt to predict the outcome of all of this (I'll  leave that to braver astrologers), as it's clear that we're in the midst of a massive shift on so many levels and in so many places on our tiny world.

All we can do is deal with our own problems and issues individually, every day, and at each moment know that each and every decision we make in our lives ...matters in the Grand Scheme of Things,  more than any of us may be able to realise.  

Jupiter/Saturn aspects can perhaps be described - in part at least - as "moral dilemma".  

And so, in the words of Bertrand Russell:

"The moral thing I should wish to say… is very simple. I should say: love is wise, hatred is foolish. In this world, which is getting more and more closely interconnected, we have to learn to tolerate each other. We have to learn to put up with the fact that some people say things that we don’t like. We can only live together in that way and if we are to live together and not die together, we must learn the kind of charity and the kind of tolerance which is absolutely vital to the continuation of human life on this planet."  https://mailchi.mp/brainpickings/bertra ... 7646ca0e3c 

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
icarus2712

Re: The Great Conjunction of Jupiter/Saturn

Post by icarus2712 »

can we apply this transit toprogressed chart as well?

like in my progressed chart, they willconjunct aquarius 5 degrees MC in transit.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi icarus,

I feel that the Natal Prog. chart is best to use because progressions are (or certainly seem to be to me and to many other astrologers) more relevant to an internal experience.

By the way, the degree you've given for the Midheaven is actually your Relocated Solar Return's Midheaven degree, so perhaps this is what you meant ? (I'll be looking at that when I go into your query in that area).

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
icarus2712

Post by icarus2712 »

admin wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:47 pm Hi icarus,

I feel that the Natal Prog. chart is best to use because progressions are (or certainly seem to be to me and to many other astrologers) more relevant to an internal experience.

By the way, the degree you've given for the Midheaven is actually your Relocated Solar Return's Midheaven degree, so perhaps this is what you meant ? (I'll be looking at that when I go into your query in that area).

Best,
Admin.
Well, talk about coincidence.

My current progressed chart, my upcoming SR chart, AND my next profected chart all have same ascendant rising, that is Taurus!!
Have posted my SR in SR forum.

Thanks
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Thank you for this analysis, Admin! A time of "massive shifts" indeed. That Bertrand Russell quote feels is very apt.