Transit Uranus Conjunct Natal Jupiter

Transits are the most obvious and immediately evident way in which astrological influences can be shown to continue beyond the natal horoscope. They are a rich and complex means of exploring and suggesting ongoing opportunities for personal/psychological development within, not only an individual, but also within Families, and Countries.
caprisag

Transit Uranus Conjunct Natal Jupiter

Post by caprisag »

A good friend (and former romantic partner) of mine has been going through a challenging past few years in terms of finding career/work stability. He's been studying and exploring interests, just graduated from a three-year program, and is feeling anxious to find a job in his chosen field soon. This is someone who is IMMENSELY creative and talented (truly a one-of-a-kind mind), but suffers from serious lack of self-esteem and bouts of depression. I feel that he is right on the brink of a breakthrough.

I decided to take a look at his natal chart a few days ago, and immediately noticed that transit Uranus is precisely conjunct his natal Jupiter (in the 9th house, at 29'19' Aries) right now. This seems like a very positive, rare transit for new opportunities! Anyone have thoughts or experience with this transit? (I gave him a Tarot reading too and got the Magician and Ace of Pentacles — very fitting!)

And of course, I'm wondering how Uranus moving into Taurus very soon combines with this. His MC is at 25' Taurus so it will be a little while before Uranus moves from his 9th to his 10th house, but assuming they'll be some effects to pay attention to leading up to that.

-caprisag
admin
Site Admin

Re: Transit Uranus Conjunct Natal Jupiter

Post by admin »

Hi caprisag,

Well it does sound like there will surely be some kind of positive breakthrough, though naturally with Uranus, it could be in an unexpected way. Don’t forget that Uranus retrogrades back into Aries in early Nov., turns direct at 28Ar36 on Jan. 6th 2019, and then leaves Aries finally on March 7th 2019, so whatever may eventuate on this first pass may need a ‘go-over’ during the retrograde period, or may change in some way.

Have a look at the House that Jupiter rules, the natal aspects to Jupiter, and also the House Uranus is in and rules. These could give you more clues.

Those cards do sound very relevant and positive too and I’m wondering if perhaps the Ace of Pentacles, being ‘earth’ might be relevant to when Uranus goes into Taurus ? Just a thought.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Hi Admin,

Very helpful! It is interesting that Uranus will be "stuck" within 1 or 2 degrees of his natal Jupiter for essentially the next year.

House rulerships are still somewhat confusing to me, so this is good practice! I just revisited your post from a while back on rulerships and intercepted signs, and it's starting to make sense again (I had wrapped my head around it at some point, and haven't looked at it in a long time).

In his chart, Sagittarius is intercepted in the 4th house — if I'm understanding correctly, this means that Jupiter has no house-rulership. (But also, his 11th house cusp is in Pisces, so co-ruled by Jupiter, correct?) His Jupiter (in the 9th) is square Mercury in the 11th, and (a bit more loosely, 6' orb) trine Uranus and Neptune in the 4th. And, Uranus rules his 6th house.

I'm not entirely sure how to interpret this, but boy do I feel proud I was able to figure it out haha! I hope I'm not muddling things terribly.

As always, very much appreciate your insights! (And happy to include his actual birth chart if that makes your life easier.)

Best,
-caprisag
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi caprisag,

Clearly you're on the right track !

Yes, it would help to see his chart but please make sure that first you have permission from him, of course, to have his data posted on a public Forum. If he should prefer not to do this, then perhaps it would be ok with him if you sent me the data privately (pm), and then we can discuss it on the open Forum without that data being revealed.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Hi Admin!

I just sent you the data privately. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

-caprisag
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ahhh, right – so Uranus rules his 6th and is natally in Jupiter’s Sign of Sag., intercepted in his 4th, so yes, there could well be more than just ‘a’ break-through...not least of all because it is at the same time quincunx his Moon in Scorpio in the 4th ! The quincunx can create much tension, especially when Uranus is involved as in fact the quincunx is often associated with this planet. Inevitably, being connected now with the Moon, and that body being in the 4th House, this would really upset his inner equilibrium... to say the least. And remember too, bringing all of this together, Uranus is in the 4th !

Oh there really is so much here, not least of all - as I can now see - his Sun/conj. Mars in Leo in the 12th. And with Venus ruling his MC conjunct his Sun across that 12th House cusp...in square to Pluto in Scorp – this suggests that he may have, in the past, become obsessed with his career, and also with being recognised and respected for his talents. Then what happens is that he may go about it in the ‘wrong way’ – at least perhaps when he was younger and more immature – which resulted in the fear of having to perform ...’above his abilities’ - or as it may have felt to him.

But I’m going way too far here. I think with transiting Saturn now conjunct his 5th House (creativity), retrograding back to the sextile with his Pluto, he would be coming to a much deeper understanding of what drives him (Pluto ruling Scorp on the 4th with Moon therein). And this will very likely result in that very radical change indicated by transiting Uranus conj. his Jupiter, especially after it returns to that point again.

Not quite over yet though as Saturn in his 5th is very likely showing him, or making him feel, a bit lost creatively speaking. I suspect that what it’s doing whilst it goes back over this cusp and then back to Neptune is asking him to review the manner in which he approaches his creative efforts and work. Transiting Saturn conjunct Neptune is about separating what’s real from what is not, and this is quite a task. Further, the fact that Saturn is going back into his 4th suggests that he has some inner work to complete – matters to do with early family life/roots etc. which, in the process might feel a bit too much to cope with. Though, having said that, this could be more about just reviewing any creative methods and style that are undergoing a change of some sort.

Overall, and getting back to the original matter of transiting Uranus conjunct his Jupiter, this is still a work-in-progress, but still there will be so much more going on during these next few months towards this, even if at times he can’t feel it happening.

There’s so much more, of course, and as there are many retrogrades occurring all at once this year, there’s going to be a constant need to ‘go over’ and rework much that we thought we had dealt with, so it’s a good idea to study what you can about planets in retrograde as this will give you more clues about how he will need to deal and cope with all that’s going on for him in his life.

Hope that some of this at least helps you to help him, and if you wish to go into any of this further, do please let me know and of course I’ll try to assist to the best of my ability.

Best,
Admin.
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Absolutely fascinating! A lot of this rings very true, especially the observations regarding his Sun/conj. Venus square Pluto, and this emphasis on the 4th house that both Uranus and Jupiter are pointing to right now.

Saturn moving through his 5th house (and dipping back into the 4th) feels very relevant as well. I do think that processing and understanding what drives him (including doing the inner work re: early life) is extremely important in this phase, and will allow the transformations and unexpected shifts of Uranus conj. his Jupiter to take place.

I'll mull this over and share with him as best as I can, and reach out again if I want to dive deeper.

Thank you for your analysis & observations — they've given me a lot to think about!

All the best,

-caprisag