Jupiter-Sun Conjunction occurring right at natal Midheaven

Transits are the most obvious and immediately evident way in which astrological influences can be shown to continue beyond the natal horoscope. They are a rich and complex means of exploring and suggesting ongoing opportunities for personal/psychological development within, not only an individual, but also within Families, and Countries.
caprisag

Re: Jupiter-Sun Conjunction occurring right at natal Midheav

Post by caprisag »

Hi Admin,

Thank you so much for this! Truly, it's such a comfort. I'm feeling better today about just "getting on with it" (though definitely looking forward to a little break with the holidays--I'm traveling visiting family, and hoping to use that time to regroup).

Interesting looking at the T. Neptune square Mercury and T. Jupiter square Neptune as well. I'm always very optimistic, so I tend to look at my transits and zoom in on the harmonious ones, often purposefully ignoring any squares / tension. But there are lessons to be learned there as well.

I will keep you posted, and thanks again! Happy December :)

caprisag
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Hi Admin,

Happy 2017! :D

I wanted to send you a quick update--after a month of struggling with this day job, I decided to leave it (I announced it to my boss today, and will be transitioning out over the next month or so). It definitely feels like the right decision, and is a massive relief. This job required a level of commitment that I couldn't keep up without sacrificing my goals as an artist, and I was feeling more and more like I ended up in that position simply because I tend to go along with other people's demands and expectations without thinking seriously about what I need (and then I grow resentful--something you had mentioned before and it really rang true.) I have a few writing projects in the works that I'm feeling super excited about, and I just need a job that I can show up to and pay my rent, but that doesn't cut into the things I'm passionate about.

I noticed that over the past few days the Sun passed by my natal Uranus and Neptune--of course this happens every year around this time and affects everyone born within a couple years of my birthday. How do you think these kinds of transits affect entire generations?

Also, I thought you might appreciate this--last night, as I was thinking about how to go about quitting, I started meditating on The Fool in the Tarot. I very much feel like the Fool right now (in a good way)--quitting this job without another one lined up, but somehow I feel confident and sure. I fell asleep thinking about it, and had a dream that I was driving a car up a mountain. I don't know how to drive, so I was PETRIFIED, but I kept going along these windy cliff roads and ended up making it to the top. I thought it was an interesting subconscious parallel to The Fool.

In any case... I know Jupiter is continuing to move through my 10th house in 2017, which makes me feel optimistic. Anything else I should pay attention to or look out for career-wise in the new year?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi caprisag and a Very Happy 2017 to you too !

So, you ‘bit the bullet’ and resigned. Clearly, as you feel so relieved leaving that job, it was the right decision. There’s only so long that one can keep plugging on when it feels so soul-destroying. And especially if it requires constantly having to go along with the demands and expectations of others given that you clearly do this ‘above and beyond’ what’s required.

OK so now there’s transiting Pluto just about to enter your 2nd House (finances/self esteem). Usually when this occurs, there is a period when one has to get along with less, mainly because it is working to transform your whole attitude towards ‘money’ and also to the way in which you value yourself. However, this will at the same time be in sextile to your natal Venus/Pluto in Scorp. of course so, somehow there might well be financial assistance coming from friends or working with groups. (And Venus rules your 10th which bodes well for work. Remember that the 10th is also, even mainly, to do with one’s Vocation in life – not just ‘work’. However, Venus also rules your 6th/work so really I will be very surprised if all of this doesn’t come together in a very supportive way).

Whatever it may signify, certainly after your having gone through Pluto’s transit across your Neptune (deep inner transformation), this suggests that your own sense of self-value will change dramatically. This particular initial phase is going to go on for a very long time – til 2020 in fact. HOWEVER, you won’t experience it all in exactly the same way all of that time. But I do feel that it will be Life-Changing in a very positive way. It’s a whole New World for you which I’m sure will be very exciting and very fulfilling.

Of course, Venus/Pluto in Scorp. And Cappy Sun, doesn’t go in for ‘easy’ – always tending to put themselves through the wringer, so you’ll need to let your Sag. ‘lighten you up’ throughout the process. And keep remembering ‘The Fool’ Tarot which, although relevant to ‘now’, will also to some extent at least be relevant to the ‘Beginning’ the start of all of this. And that dream was very relevant to your Sun (and NNode) in Cap. of course (the ‘Mountain Goat’ always climbing); and then you’re making it to the top despite your fears (which is also Tr. Sat. in your 1st, currently in sextile to Tr. Jup. in your 10th – Capricorn’s ‘natural’ abode).

Meanwhile, Tr. Neptune is currently still in sq. to your Mercury, so by now you must surely be ‘used to’ (grin) the constant confusion and uncertainty that this has resulted in. But now at least, it has turned direct at last and for the next year or so will be in square to your Asc. One of the effects you’ll need to be aware of about this is that at times there will be others who try to dissuade you from your course of action, so you may need constant reassurance from those who believe in you in order to sustain your goals. However, it is also possible that you won’t be entirely sure of what your actual goals are. One way to deal with this is to experiment, to ‘free-flow’ with your ideas (especially writing), but to know that not all of those ideas will take you to any particular place or ‘goal’. Nonetheless, they will (mostly) be a very important part of the process and show you where and how you need to re-evaluate what you are doing.

The Tarot for this No. 44 year is the 4 of Cups (according to one writer), which I feel is very relevant to the Tr. Neptune matter mentioned. (Might be worth your while meditating on that card image).

I think that’s all for now, and as always, do keep me updated when you feel you’d like to do so.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Hi Admin,

I hope all is well! I haven't had a chance to post in a while, and thought I'd check in.

The past few months have brought enormous growth, and I feel like I'm in the midst of a very important time creatively. I'm finally doing work I'm excited about and proud of. Even though I'm by no means suddenly enormously successful, I feel much more fulfilled, less "stuck" doing things that I feel are not my calling or passion. I still have several "survival" jobs, but don't feel as burdened by them as I did a few months ago.

I'm wondering about Jupiter (in my 10th house) turning direct next week--how can I best use this energy? What should I be looking out for professionally and creatively in the next few months?

-caprisag
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi caprisag,

Good to hear from you and with such positive news, too. Seems like that Transiting Pluto conj. your Neptune is working its magic, and in fact it will continue to do so for quite some time as I mentioned previously.

Currently, Pluto is retrograde, so you may find that this growth will be working away quietly and more internally, at least until the end Sept./early Oct. this year. This doesn’t mean that things won’t happen externally in your life of course, just that a new inner phase of this major transformation has begun with his retrograde period.

You seem to be coping very very well with transiting Saturn’s retrograde in your 1st House. (Many I know with Sag. Rising aren’t doing as well – perhaps they are less self-aware). As that turns direct too at the end of August, that will add to and prepare you further for all of that inner work and deep change that’s going on.

I know you’ve asked only about Jupiter, but I think it’s important to include the Pluto and Saturn transits here as they are inevitably relevant. And I will also throw in transiting Uranus – for good measure – not least of all because he is in your 4th (family/home/roots) and has been, and will continue to, increase at a rapid pace - sometimes in spurts - your awareness of what drives you; what from your past is fuelling your writing. No doubt you’ve experienced many insights about this during the course of Uranus’ transit through there these last 6 or 7 years. Uranus will remain in this area until May 2018, when he’ll cross into your 5th House (creativity), and that I’m very sure will be very exciting, especially as he rules your 3rd House (writing). There he will bring flashes of inspiration you never thought possible. Even though that’s a way off, it’s important I think to know that what you are experiencing now is preparing you for this.

So, at last, to Jupiter and his direct motion (tomorrow in fact). This will I feel, really start to get the ball rolling in your career area, not least of all because at the same time he is in sextile to your Ascendant (and therefore also trine your Desc./7th/relationships).

Bearing in mind that he is going to take quite a while to pick up speed and to really get things moving, nonetheless this very fact means that he is going to be in that sextile/trine for at least the whole of this month of June and into July. This should make you very buoyant and positive, and also by that very positivity, bring many opportunities. You may meet people who not only encourage you, but also bring you contacts that can help you in your career and goals.

As he is at the same time in square to your Uranus/Neptune (especially now and through until end July), you’ll need to be very alert, as opportunities may come and go very quickly. On the other hand, you’ll also need to try to be discriminating, and not get carried away, or over-excited. Nonetheless, this promises to be a highly stimulating and exciting period.

Much of this will unfold and develop further during Sept./Oct. as mentioned above. But, let’s wait and see what eventuates in the meantime. It all looks really exciting !

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Hi Admin,

Thank you so much for this! I'm so glad you included the Pluto, Saturn, and Uranus transits as well--they're clearly very significant as well.

I certainly feel like I'm in the midst of a major inner transformation, and especially these past couple of weeks I've been thinking back to my childhood/adolescence/roots a lot and processing my past in a new way. It's been emotional but incredibly useful, I think.

I'm spending the month of August at a writing residency in Woodstock--I'm so excited to be able to dedicate myself to writing, without distractions and obligations, for an entire month, and it seems like astrologically it will be a great time to do that.

Thanks again for your valuable insights! I'm marking Pluto and Saturn turning direct on my calendar. Feeling very positive about all this. :)

All the best,

-caprisag
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Hi Admin,

Well, inner transformation does not begin to describe the past couple of months! I spent the month of August at a writing residency (which was heaven), and since then I've found myself in this odd, sometimes freeing and sometimes depressive state of mind—I'm reconsidering a lot of things I thought were absolutely certain about my future, wondering if I might be happier moving to a different city, wondering if I'd be happier focusing on writing rather than acting. At the same time, I'm experiencing a huge shift: my entire motivation for my art has shifted from working hard to get what I want (a successful career, recognition, etc), to working on my art because I want to contribute something to the world, offer something to other people, with whatever skill or gift I may have. Might be transiting Pluto conj. my Neptune "working its magic," like you said! :) I have been more prolific than ever in terms of creative work, even if half the time I don't know what to do with it.

Meanwhile, I'm preparing to shoot a short film (that I wrote and will act in) in March 2018. I have a small, supportive team of friends helping me with this (which makes sense given all the planetary action in my 11th house right now), but I'm very insecure about it, and constantly petrified that it won't turn out the way I want it to, or that it's not even worth doing. I'm wondering if there's anything astrologically that might make me feel a little more confident (or, anything negative I should watch out for).

Anyway, I hope you're well! I always so appreciate your insights.

Best,
caprisag
admin
Site Admin

Re: Jupiter-Sun Conjunction occurring right at natal Midheaven

Post by admin »

Hi caprisag,

That transit of Pluto to your Neptune has surely done its work well. This is such a perfect result, and even though it’s technically ‘over’, you’ll continue to discover so much more about all that this exhausting but incredibly enlightening combination has been changing within you...even if ‘half the time you don’t know what to do with it’ !

Ah yes, transiting Neptune intercepted in your 3rd, now virtually stationary ready to turn direct in only a few days and then coming back to the square with your Asc./Desc. No Wonder you’re confused ! I think that choosing whether to ‘focus’ on anything in particular is at this time is continuing to be difficult because of this Neptune matter. But it is coming back to sextile your Uranus, trine your Moon, and opposite your Jupiter in the 9th, so it’s inevitable that you’re receiving so much from that inspirational realm, and so, for those reasons, it is very right that you are working on and experimenting with your writing art. And if you can just allow yourself to float and be open to this numinous realm, at least as much as you’re able, you’ll continue to receive these marvelous inspirations. But of course, this has been going on for so long now that naturally you feel the need to be able to focus on ...something.

The depression you’re experiencing is – as of course you are aware – partly due to transiting Saturn in your 1st, and naturally too, being a Capricorn, this Neptunian confusion would be adding to this. Soon Saturn will be in conjunction with your Sun – actually almost exactly on your Birthday, and this I feel will help you to focus more and might well help to direct those vague Neptunian energies into more specific areas and goals. (Very relevant to the short film proposed for March 2018). It’s hard to feel secure and confident when you have this underlying doubt created by Neptune undermining your confidence.

AND, I note that Pluto is now conjunct the cusp of your 2nd House – Self Worth – so all of this total shift from ‘successful career’ to creating something with your skills and gifts to contribute to others, is so spot on with what Pluto in the 2nd is all about – in its highest expression. Naturally, such a radical shift isn’t instant, nor even vaguely ‘easy’, so you’ll likely experience more shifts and changes, and self-doubts, especially in these initial stages. Remember that Pluto will be in your 2nd House until 2041, so you’ve got plenty of time to figure it out and to work with these transformative powers !

Certainly, you’ve started this journey with Pluto with the best possible attitude and understanding. But, this is still ‘new’, so it’s a bit like jumping out of a plane then realising that you don’t know how to open the parachute. And this is not just ordinary every-day self-doubt, it’s the ultimate ‘Am I kidding myself ? Do I really have the skills to do this ?’ kind of doubt that can undermine the will and courage to proceed. But you’ve gone through so many tests of strength, especially since Pluto entered Capricorn back in 2009 – well, actually way before that when in entered your Asc. – that really, this current self-worth issue is a tiny glitch in comparison. Not that I’m de-emphasising the importance of what you’re feeling, as clearly this is a crucial and powerful experience. (I think I’ve had a ‘Neptune moment’ there myself in trying to describe this).

Anyway, this ‘not knowing what to do with all of your current creative inspiration and work’ will gradually disappear. But it will likely take a little while longer and, meanwhile you...somehow...need to develop trust and faith in yourself. Sure, you’ll get some things ‘wrong’, and take paths that - apparently - lead nowhere, but in the midst of all of those ramblings, you’ll hit on the right path(s). That choice re the writing residency was clearly one of these ‘right paths’, and you’ll no doubt find more of such along your way.

Sorry, but I can’t say whether you should or shouldn't continue with acting. Uranus will enter your 5th House next year (in May – after your short film adventure),and this experience will shift your creative focus into many new areas. As Pluto will be sextile your natal Pluto - and transiting Jupiter will be conjunct that natal Pluto...and Saturn will be conjunct your North Node - during that short film venture, it does seem very likely that it will be successful. It also suggests that, regardless of the outcome, this venture will provide you with a stronger sense of direction for your future.

All the Best,
Admin.
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Hi Admin,

Thank you so much for the wonderfully thorough response, as always. This all makes a lot of sense, and your advice to somehow "develop trust and faith" in myself is spot on. I think I need to get more comfortable "floating" and living with uncertainty for a little while. As much as it is confusing, I love the Neptunian energy I'm feeling right now.

I am glad to hear that Saturn conjunct my Sun might help bring some focus very soon. I don't want to lose all this floaty, inspiring Neptunian energy, but directing it in a more focused way would be beneficial, I think. And of course, very happy to hear that March 2018 has so many positive aspects going on!

I realized I have never asked about my love/personal life on this forum (which probably says a lot about where my priorities lie haha)! Any major transits I can look out for in terms of romance? I had a rather emotional, powerful connection with someone recently, but it doesn't seem like it will lead to anything real, which is okay and makes sense for the particular circumstance. That said, I would like to meet someone I can truly connect with—maybe even someone who can be a creative partner and collaborator as well, or at least get and support my efforts. (As I write this, I realize that it's probably more important that I learn to believe in myself than it is to meet a partner who believes in me, but anyway...) Any thoughts or planetary insights would be very much appreciated!

Thanks again for taking the time to look at my chart and upcoming transits in such a thoughtful, considered way. Very glad I stumbled on this forum last year! I spent a while poking through various boards and questions on here last night, and your posts are always so insightful.

All my best,
caprisag
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi caprisag,

Ahhh...relationships ! (Naturally I’m looking first at your Sag. Rising and Gemini opposite on the 7th with Sag. as the ‘teacher’ and Gemini, the ‘student’). Well, I’d say that you need someone with whom you can communicate about ‘important’ things...’Life, the Universe, and Everything...”, so to speak. Someone who will listen to all the marvelous ideas and knowledge you have gleaned on your way through life, and who will help you to put them all into the 'words' in areas in which you find this hard to do. (Like 'lists' of the order and sequence and so on of your thoughts. The itsy-bitsy boring necessities of writing).

Mars Rising of course needs to go its own way, be its own person, but collaborating in a common work or goal is possible with Libra on your 10th.

With your Moon in Cancer in the 7th, close to and ruling the 8th and in trine to your Venus in the 11th, this could surely be a beautiful collaboration. Can you sense a ‘but’ coming ? Well, with your Venus conjunct Pluto in Scorpio, you would find this difficult IF the other person tried to take away your control of the matter. So you would have to make quite a bit of adjustment to what, on the one hand is your need for a deeply intense relationship, and on the other, your need to be the leader, or the driving force (Mars)...and to - or in order to - remain true to yourself.

Anyway, with Jupiter in the 9th in sextile to your Moon on the one hand, and Venus/Pluto on the other, and with Jupiter ruling your chart, I’d say that this could result ultimately in your finding a really terrific relationship/partnership with another. Do remember though that Jupiter squares your Mars and so you could go a bit overboard when you do meet someone you feel is potentially a life-partner.

As to ‘when’... I would think this is imminent given that Pluto is about to sextile your Venus. Perhaps this will be someone with whom you can collaborate as Venus rules your Midheaven (and your 6th/work, and 5th/romance and creativity). It might be someone who is or was previously, a friend, or in your social group (Natal Venus in 11th). Do remember that transiting Neptune has been and will soon be again in square to your Asc./Desc., so whoever this may be, you’ll need to watch out for illusion/disillusion as in, not seeing their reality.

By the way, that Neptune part goes for all relationships/partnerships during this next year whether romantic or otherwise. Make sure you are not being deceived, either by yourself or by them. Don’t put them on a pedestal.

Is that enough for now re relationships ? :wink:

Best,
Admin.