Jupiter-Sun Conjunction occurring right at natal Midheaven

Transits are the most obvious and immediately evident way in which astrological influences can be shown to continue beyond the natal horoscope. They are a rich and complex means of exploring and suggesting ongoing opportunities for personal/psychological development within, not only an individual, but also within Families, and Countries.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Jupiter-Sun Conjunction occurring right at natal Midheaven

Post by admin »

Hi caprisag,

So sorry for the delay ! Very nice to hear from you again and also to hear that you’re in such a good state of mind.

You surely went to the right place for Saturn’s transit, and Neptune’s too, deep inside that intercepted 3rd House trine your Moon. Saturn’s also just finishing his square to your Midheaven/IC and how well he’s helped you to re-structure your career and purpose.

I do think that when he crosses your NN you’ll need a bit more ‘alone time’ and it would be perfect for such as meditation, or even for contemplating on the night sky and... the great panoply of stars, and especially...the Moon. Owls too are a feature in the symbol for your NN so during Saturn’s transit of that point it might be worth investigating owl symbology. (Just a thought).

Re Saturn and Pluto entering the 2nd (re-entering in the case of Pluto), this will surely result in powerful shifts to your life values, and also the way in which you view your self worth – even more so than you have accomplished so far. Whilst Saturn is going through your 1st House you begin to establish a more solid sense of ‘self’. Its transit across your Uranus and Neptune opposite your Moon at the end of this House will perhaps at first cause some doubts about this to resurface, but only in order for you to make more refinements of your self-worth and your value in and to your world.

Then, when Saturn enters the 2nd, you’ll be able to start to stabilise this and give it form. Nonetheless, it will result in quite a bit of self-questioning, especially when it enters Aquarius and draws close to your natal Saturn. “Ooof” yes ! But if you watch closely what is going on when Saturn conjoins your Uranus, you’ll be more ready for this Saturn Return in Uranus’s Sign. But that is a way off and you’ll have plenty of time to prepare yourself.

As I said, you’ve already had a taste of Pluto conjunct your 2nd which has been working very hard to transform even further and more deeply, your whole value system and self-worth matters. Further to this, I think that you’ll need to have a good financial plan and not just trust in your parents’ support. This does not mean – I hasten to add – that this will be withdrawn ! It just means that your own attitude will change and you may feel the need to become more and more financially independent as this will affect your own sense of self-worth and self-respect, especially when Saturn enters that House.

But, Saturn’s transit to your NN will surely be a very important point in your development towards your future. And so, this is your next step.

Ahhh...psychics ! Sometimes indeed they are spot on. And, well, transiting Pluto is sextile your Venus (ruling your 10th) during this next year – which of course you’ve already experienced for a while now. And next year is a Number ‘1’ year for you, so the beginning of a whole new 9 year cycle. Added to this, Jupiter will sextile your MC next month, which suggests many opportunities unfolding, albeit from behind the scenes but which may appear, as you suggest when Jupiter enters your 1st House in and from Jan. next year. Added to this, Uranus will return in direct motion into your 5th and trine your Sun in that direct motion Feb/March/Apr. next year. All sorts of exciting stimulation and self-discovery, already begun and set to continue during Uranus’s transit through that House until 2025 ! Yayyyy !

Not to put a damper on that but in the meantime, and re the psychic’s prediction, Neptune will be turning direct next month in square to your Asc./Desc. and will then be squaring your Mars ruling your IC, so I do think you need to be a bit careful of ‘Stars in your Eyes’. In other words, ‘fame’ could come, (and quite suddenly too as your Solar Return has Uranus conjunct the Midheaven), but you’ll need to be very careful because, as you know, Neptune can be very deceptive and illusory, and along with Jupiter moving into your Asc. can over-inflate your expectations. This doesn’t mean that it is necessarily transitory, but just that you will need your Capricorn working hard in order to - proverbially - keep your feet on the ground.

There really will be so much going on during these next 2 years, and as always it will depend on how you deal with each situation as it arises, especially as Saturn transits his own Sign – particularly relevant for you of course. Most of all, Saturn’s transit to your NN is really the next most important step so, just listen to and hear what he's trying to tell you. Easy-peasy ! :wink:

All be Very Best dear caprisag,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Hi Admin,

Thank you, thank you, thank you, as always, for the incredibly thorough response! Truly a great help. I wanted to take a few days to re-read and process all this information before responding.

I'm excited to see what this Saturn conjunction with my NN brings about. I love the suggestion to explore owl symbology — I absolutely will. It's immediately interesting to me that the owl was associated with the Greek goddess Athena and with the city of Athens (which is where I grew up, and where I'm visiting family right now). And next year being a Number 1 year is interesting and exciting as well.

Thank you for delving into the psychic prediction and related transits. Very interesting regarding Neptune squaring my ascendant and Mars; I'm such a relentless optimist that I often tend to gloss over squares when looking at transits, haha! But I'm glad you're bringing my attention to it. Interesting timing as well: last week someone I met at a film festival offered to refer me to some people that could be crucial in moving my career forward, but I've been feeling a bit nervous and skeptical about it. I think I will proceed with the connection over the next few weeks, carefully, bearing all this in mind.

That said, I'm very excited about all the transits and aspects occurring right around my solar return in a couple of months (including Saturn conj NN). Uranus in my 5th has definitely been creatively stimulating so far, and I can't wait to see what it brings as it continues to travel through that house!

Thank you for your thoughtful analysis, Admin! I'll check in after this Saturn - NN transit and report back! :)

All my best,

caprisag
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Dear Admin,

I have not posted on this forum in quite some time — but I think back to your insights often.

This has been a very very interesting year for me. I have truly dedicated myself and my energies to my creative work, and it has been tremendously rewarding emotionally (if not yet materially). I believe this is connected to Uranus in my 5th house — I feel more creatively energized than ever before in my life. I am writing and sending out lots of poetry, I'm working on scripts I feel very excited to make, I have a new agent sending me out for auditions. I am full of ideas and I am growing more and more confident in pursuing them. (I can only hope this continues!)

The main reason I'm writing to you is because at this moment I am feeling both very hopeful and very scared . Things have been going well and there is a lot to feel optimistic about. I feel as though I know I am on the cusp of a BIG change — I can feel it — and it's terrifying. I want to own it and step fully into my own power and potential, but I keep second-guessing myself, worrying I'll embarrass myself, thinking my ideas just aren't good enough. It's a bit of an imposter syndrome, and I'm aware that I've expressed these sorts of thoughts here before. As projects move forward and opportunities get bigger, things feel even scarier. Perhaps this is Pluto hovering right by my 1st / 2nd house cusp, still messing with my self-worth. I know it's something I have to push through. The creative partner I collaborated with on my short film last year is pushing me (in a good) way to pitch bigger ideas to industry people we've been meeting. I'm terrified. I'm trying to allow myself to be vulnerable, to risk failure, but it is very difficult. I also find myself pulled in many different directions, and I'm not sure what is best for me to focus on, or which connections to pursue.

All of this has felt especially powerful in the past few days, perhaps related to the lunar eclipse in Capricorn. In thinking about this, I realized I was born on a lunar eclipse (well, a few hours after one). And in 1991, the year I was born, there was an eclipse cycle in Cancer/Capricorn, which is of course what we have happening again now. I wonder if this is magnifying emotions for me as well.

And of course, Saturn, Saturn, Saturn and the dreaded Saturn return coming my way! I suppose my question is — is there reason to feel fearful right now? Am I right in feeling like I'm on the cusp of a big (positive) shift, or am I gearing up to be disappointed? Am I moving in the right direction, and will things feel less scary eventually?

Thank you as always for your insights. I hope all is well with you.

All the best,

-caprisag
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Dear caprisag,

First of all I have to mention that with 5 planets retrograde currently it seems we're all being forced to turn inwards to face our deepest fears and to try to find their source. Inevitably this won't all be solved once the planets start to turn direct, but at least if we can find the courage to keep digging, some at least part-resolution of our dilemmas and fears will give periods of a sense of release.

Looking at your chart I'd say that the fears you are experiencing are due to (at least in part) retrograde Saturn sitting on your natal Neptune (and Uranus), and remembering that it first crossed those points in Jan/Feb. it might be worth your while looking back at that period as you may find something (an event, person, situation or experience) that is somehow coming up again. This may be emerging so subtly that you might not be able to actually make a connection with those deeper rumblings, but I suspect that during these next few months, these inner changes will gradually become more obvious to you - especially as slowly, over that period (Aug./Sept./Oct.), Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto will all turn direct.

Currently with Mercury retrograde in the water Sign of Cancer, (supposedly) we should trust our intuition, but the difficulty is distinguishing between intuition and...fear. Mercury turns direct on the 2nd Aug. but the point at which its forward motion will start to be more openly resolved will be closer to the 12th Aug. (just when Jupiter turns direct and Uranus turns retro). So until then, keep looking and working on internal feelings and emotions, especially as this transit occurs in your 8th House. This is about discriminating with whom you share your resources – in other words, before you ‘give your all’, make sure you can trust whom you’re giving it to and, how much of it you give and how much to hold back for yourself.

Meanwhile, transiting retrograde Jupiter is conjunct your natal Mars and as mentioned, will turn direct on 11th August (virtually conjunct your Ascendant). This could give a burst of energy and confidence as it proceeds in its forward motion during the rest of August and into September. However, it’s best not to go overboard and take on more than you can ultimately deal with, nor expect more than is realistic.

Transiting Uranus in your 5th turns retrograde on that same day, which suggests that your creativity turns inward. This may mean that it’s a time when your outflow decreases whilst you begin to prepare again for new thoughts and ideas to take root. As it turns backwards (inwards) it squares your natal Saturn so it’s important that you don’t feel that your creative source has dried up, or that any rejections mean that your work is unacceptable. It just means that the timing isn’t quite right or ripe. It might help to realise that any apparent ‘rejections’ or criticisms don’t mean that your work isn’t ‘good’, but rather that you should see them as guidelines to help you proceed in a stronger and ultimately more productive way.

On the other hand, you may find that your work is accepted but that you need to re-work some aspects of it - which may feel frustrating and/or require a lot of hard work to tailor it to what’s required. In some ways, it’s ‘good’ that you have doubts and fears as this gives you the humility necessary to guide you on your ‘right’ Path. It’s true that sometimes you have to fight for what you feel or know is ‘right’ and that’s the hardest part of course. It’s the struggle between the ego – what we think we want - and the ‘soul’ – which knows what is right. And naturally that’s one of the hardest tests for us all. Sigh.

There’s so much more going on with transiting Pluto (currently retro) in sextile to your Natal Pluto/Venus, and with transiting Neptune square your Mars (another influence that can give self-doubt) but it’s such a deeply complex combination I can only give the gist of the main issues here, and of course to the extent that I’m able.

Really caprisag, I don’t feel that you should worry about that Saturn Return – not least of all because clearly you are a very self-aware person and work so hard on self-understanding – all of which is clearly beautifully expressed in concrete form via your creative work. I feel that your Saturn Return will show you/provide you with a stronger framework for your artistry, and ultimately bring you the fruits of your efforts in ways you can’t as yet begin to imagine. And I suspect that this Saturn Return may have in some ways, ‘begun’ when Saturn first crossed your Uranus in Jan. this year (noting that you have Saturn in Uranus/Saturn-ruled Aquarius), and will continue to evolve and reveal your Path much more clearly during these next few months – and of course during the whole of next year.

Hope that helps.

Best to you,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Dear Admin,

Wow — there really is so much going on right now! No wonder I'm oscillating so wildly between creativity and fear, excitement and an impulse to retreat.

You're absolutely right to highlight the impact of all the retrogrades. I'm typically not very frightened by a turn inward, and if anything this retrograde period has been very positive. That said, it'll certainly feel good when all the internal shifts I've been noticing start to move outward. You're also right to reassure me re: that Saturn return. Saturn is my friend, really. Any challenges that have come up with Saturn sitting on my natal Neptune/Uranus have only pushed me to become a braver, more confident version of myself, and to address the ways in which I've been holding myself back. Some of this may be generational with Neptune/Uranus involved, but it is all happening in my first house, so it feels especially...personal, I suppose.

I'm curious to see what happens when Jupiter goes direct conjunct my natal Mars and ascendant on August 11th — I happen to have a screening of my film the day before, and a small awards party that night (I'm nominated for an award there). Hopefully all that does give me a burst of confidence, and I'll do my best not to go overboard with it. Maybe the Uranus retrograde will keep things in check! I'm also planning a film shoot for Aug 24-25 (not confirmed yet, but likely), for a project I'm feeling pretty excited about. I'll still have Jupiter on my ascendant and Mars, as well as Venus and Mars making their way towards my natal Jupiter. Hopefully all goes smoothly.

A quick look into transit Pluto sextile Natal Pluto & Venus seems very positive — the word "creativity" keeps coming up, which of course pleases me. Transit Neptune square Natal Mars seems... not so positive, but also makes a lot of sense for me right now! :?

In any case, this is definitely an interesting time. I feel my late 20s are/will be a time of big transformation. Thank you for trying to lay all this out for me! I'll continue to research all the transits you've mentioned. Always a huge help! :D

All the best,

caprisag
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Dear Admin,

I can't believe how long it's been since my last post here. This has been an absolute whirlwind of a year, for everyone. I hope you're doing well, given the global circumstances.

I'm reading up on the upcoming Great Conjunction -- it happens to fall right on my birthday (Dec 22), and I just realized that it is also within a few degrees of my natal Saturn (4' Aquarius). What a way to start ringing in my Saturn return! Any thoughts on how to navigate this time?

All my best,

Caprisag
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi caprisag,

Please see my pm to you.

Admin.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Caprisag,

Thank you for your patience !

And of course, this Great Sat/Jup Conjunction occurs very close to your Natal Saturn and therefore relevant to your "Saturn Return". 
As you know, the Saturn Return alone is a pivotal point in life, then add the Gt. Conj. and in Aquarius, and you certainly have the makings of a unique transformation and even radical change.

As you say, you have Saturn in your 2nd House, ruling that area, and co-ruling your 3rd House.  Added to that, your *Solar Return has Saturn at the end of your 1st House, very close to the cusp of the 2nd - so the whole area of personal values/self-worth and personal finances, along with 3rd House/writing/communication, receive a massive charge of energy.  (I'd add here that you would have experienced much of this Solar Return energy prior to the actual date of your birthday, and this has been shown by all the work you have accomplished, especially during the latter part of 2020).

I'm sure you have noted too that (right now) Sat. and Jup. are trine/sextile your 10th/4th.  This naturally suggests that you are able to organise those areas steadily and carefully.  Nonetheless, the 'easy' flow of trines means that it's up to you to exert the effort needed to take advantage of these opportunities. Furthermore,  the  lack of recognition etc. isn't necessarily that "life" is against you.  It's a part of your particular "journey" - learning how not only to prepare your work carefully before you submit it, but also offering it ...without expectations.  Recognition will come more readily if that's not "The Goal", whether that's consciously or unconsciously so.

As you know, Venus rules your Midheaven, and your Venus is conjunct Pluto in Scorpio in the 11th House.  Venus/Pluto/Scorpio is naturally very intense, and in the 11th (social groups etc.), you desperately need recognition by your peers, while at the same time, being very private of course.  Certainly you can "rise to the top" but it might well be that you're ahead of your times and that the "World" isn't quite ready for your offerings - at least as those offerings are or have been so far.    Or it may be that, as your Saturn Return proceeds. you will discover and learn how to work in a way that appeals more readily to the general populace...and this, by developing a stronger sense of your "Self".  These words won't mean much until it actually happens, which it is likely to do in spurts, due to Uranus's type of energy.

Given that Uranus rules your 3rd House Natally, (as well as your Saturn in Aq.), naturally this will come into play much more this year (2021) as he has been retrograde since 15th Aug. but turns direct on the 14th Jan.   In Taurus (your 5th House/Creativity and Self-Individuation) the flashes of creative inspiration, as well as this knowledge of "Who you Are" beyond even your prodigious self-knowledge,  keep coming - and are likely to continue doing so until mid-2025.  

Virtually all the way through the rest of Uranus's Transit in your 5th House, he connects positively with many of your Planets.  
I suspect the nature of your writing, and/or its subject matter, will change quite a lot during this period, and will reflect this major inner shift.
Even in your Progressed Chart, the NN is virtually exactly conj. the Prog. Asc. (in Capricorn) which alone supports the major personal maturation and growth that your Saturn Return indicates.

This is a Big Year for you, and likely the most significant of your life...so far, anyway.

Hope you'll keep me updated along the way.

All The Very Best,
Admin.
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Hi Admin,

As always, your response is illuminating and thoughtful. Thank you so much for taking the time!

Your words about my Venus/Pluto in Scorpio ring true, and I think they were especially true a few years ago. I think (I hope!) that as I get older I'm slowly but surely moving away from that ego-driven need for recognition and feeling more and more comfortable with vulnerability/being seen for myself.

I'm excited for Uranus to move direct next week as well. All this 5th and 2nd house activation is very interesting and exciting. I've been feeling like the past two or three years have been this time of growth and ideas and "incubation," so to speak, and that this year will be the time to leap forward and bring ideas and visions into reality.

I'm very curious about the progressed chart notes — I know next to nothing about progressions and would be curious to learn more. Are there any books or resources you would recommend on the subject? Especially curious about progressed Nodes.

I will absolutely keep you updated on my "journey." :)

-caprisag
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Dear Admin,

I hope you've had a good year and that you're staying safe!

I've successfully made it through my Saturn return and I'm getting ready to celebrate my 30th birthday in a couple of days, so I thought I'd check in and seek your always-helpful insights.

This past year has been largely very good (global circumstances aside). I've had a number of big opportunities and made some progress in my career — though of course, not as much as I'd like. I've spent the past several months waiting on a potential job that I got very very close to getting, but I found out today that I didn't get it after all. I'm still grateful for the opportunity and know that getting this close was a big step and may lead to other opportunities, but of course it's disappointing! I did have some smaller wins this year, and I'm generally proud of my creative work. I go back and forth between feeling like I'm making progress and feeling quite stuck. I'm curious about what to expect now that Saturn has moved past my natal Saturn (and past all other natal planets clustered near there!), and Jupiter has moved to my 3rd house (I imagine that would be a good influence for creative pursuits, combined with Uranus in the 5th?). And with Pluto moving through my 2nd house (for a long time), how are finances affected? This has been a difficult area for me and I so want to find some stability. Finally, I'm curious about any transits that may affect my love life — which has largely been none-existent and very low on my list of priorities in the past few years!

Always grateful for your thoughts! Wishing you happy holidays.

-caprisag