solar arcs

Transits are the most obvious and immediately evident way in which astrological influences can be shown to continue beyond the natal horoscope. They are a rich and complex means of exploring and suggesting ongoing opportunities for personal/psychological development within, not only an individual, but also within Families, and Countries.
kolani

solar arcs

Post by kolani »

What is the significance of a solar arc trasit in prediction?

How does a solar arc transit differ from a progression or transit? My Solar Arc Natal Pluto in Libra is currently conjuncting my Scorpio North Node in the second house. The conjunct will become exact this Spring. For the last several years I've made several attempts to enter the professional world of dance/film...I feel stuck...although I've made some progress with my artistic endeavors--- for the past five years i have not grown materially...i really do need a financial turn around/breakthough to be able to handle my debt/living expenses...and i just don't see that happening in my current profession as a fitness instructor- a profession I've been feeling very stuck with for the past 3 years or so...

So, in this context what could this arc possible signifiy and how could i best take advantage of it?

Thank you!

K
Attachments
Oct. Prog and Transits.gif
Oct. Prog and Transits.gif (63.97 KiB) Viewed 2987 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: solar arcs

Post by admin »

I feel that Solar Arcs, especially with regard to the outer planets, describe a 'general' tone coming into effect in one's life. Pluto, always an underlying energy and difficult to be aware of at a conscious level, can take quite a while for its workings to be understood until sometime after its contact with a particular planetary energy. In this instance, with the N. Node which as you probably are aware, isn't an 'energy' per se, but a 'point' of relevance to the Sun/Moon periodicity. And, also as you would be aware, a Pluto conjunction with the N. Node may never occur in the charts of some individuals, either by Transit, Progression or Solar Arc.

In other words, this is very significant.

Basically the N. Node (unless you subscribe to the Indian astrology system) is about the place/area in the chart where you can learn the most by venturing forth fearlessly! :lol: Pluto coming to this N. Node in your 2nd House by Solar Arc: well, bearing in mind that Scorpio is a Fixed Sign, it suggests that Pluto is underlying an unconscious need to break your fixed ideas about what you really value, ie. about the way in which you have perceived 'financial independence'. There is a lot of creative independence in that N. Node which will take courage. 8) and Pluto (by Solar Arc) is pushing you to find that courage.

Easy to say of course.

Your natal Pluto in Libra (and Rising) is related to the arts in some form and in sq. to your natal Sun, Moon and Venus in the 10th which, in itself, suggests that you express yourself strongly, but in ways that don't actually pertain to your 'Plutonian needs' - ie. you can see a better way to 'do it', and may express this well to others. I dunno...working a bit blind here cos Virgo rising can hold back but express all mentally/intellectually (Mercury ruling Asc./MC) ... except with regard to your Pluto matters.
Anyway, Pluto rules your 2nd House, which suggests that this period of time is perhaps in part, about understanding and letting go of your need to change what you have previously felt as necessary for your financial independence and security. It may be good to stop 'counting'/'accounting', or at least to review why you need to do this in the way in which you have done so previously.

For more on Progressions, go to: Board Index, Progressions, Solar Arcs, and Progressed Charts (by janeflorez).

(And about 'Transit's: these can kick-start a Solar Arc or Progression.)

Hope this helps.

Best, Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
janeflorez

Post by janeflorez »

Hi Kolani

I am afraid I don't know anything about Solar Arc. Actually, on any transit/progressed level, I think Admin's reply about Pluto and the North Node was good, because Pluto is so profound that only the individual can understand and feel the result of its contact to another body, especially the North Node, although I would venture that Pluto will be bringing forth unconscious material (posssibly in mythic form in dreams) related to your human "soul" potential. That may be related to your vocation/career as a performer or not.

If you are worrying or thinking about earning money from dance and film work, you need to look at what is happening in the 10th and 5th houses, both natally and on a progressed level, related to Venus, MC, Mercury and Neptune. Performers "get out there" into work, through activity or natal planets in the 10th house! The position of Jupiter in relation to your natal or progressed Sun can also be key as it relates to the expansion of life which is called upon in performance.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi kolani, and re:
"... I was surprised to find that Pluto rules my second house as opposed to Venus..(which changes things A LOT- since my concerns are so $$ based and my N. N is in the seond house)
can you explain the Pluto rulership as opposed to Venus?

Also, very recently my progressed moon entered Libra and is now at 0 degrees..from what I've read this is a critical internal "shift"
I can only wonder what's in store when my progressed moon hits my Natal Pluto around 8 degrees Libra, in May, a month after the Solar arc conjunct becomes exact...? *I just picked up Jeff Greene's Book on Pluto which seems to be helping A LOT- since it seems like my chart is pretty Pluto heavy and is part of this whole solar arc thing...any thoughts/insights are always greatly appreicated...looking forward to your response..."
You do of course, have Libra on your 2nd House cusp in your Natal Chart, but Scorpio is on your 2nd House cusp in your Progressed Chart (at least, according to my calculations :? Have to say, it's always a bit confusing to read charts set up by other systems, and hopefully this clears up that particular matter?). Oh, and btw, re Jeff Greene's book on Pluto: Good Choice! (Have had it since 1986, and at that time, I understood... not very much! Sigh! But, have continued to go back to it, and re-read it, and each time, something I hadn't understood at all, just gives yet another :shock: :!: He's brilliant, and a definite forerunner for understanding, at least a little bit, of Pluto.)

Meanwhile, I note that Transiting Saturn, having just entered Libra is coming to your Prog. Moon in your Prog. 12th House. and rules your Prog. MC/10th and Natal 11th. Having said that, it looks like, what you feel you 'need' is the area from which the most ' hurt' is eventuating. (Friends/Social Groups? and some 'family' issues? Maybe you've had some encouragement from someone/some people in those areas that makes you want to continue? Except, maybe you don't really want to go that way, exactly?).

Anyway, whether that's the case or not, with T. Saturn in Libra now in your Natal 1st House (and it WILL be in sextile to your Natal Saturn in the 11th House on and off from Dec. '09 through til Aug. 2010), you will understand much more about yourself and about others/the world, than previously. Easy to 'say'! :cry: , tho' this 'understanding/recognition' may not be easy for you to carry. (And you may be 'setting the bar' too high, probably always for yourself, and for others too, and am sure you know this already ! And, nothing wrong with that of course, unless it prevents you from... moving...forward.). However, at this point in time, perhaps you will need to go back to 'basics' somewhere in all of this; to some 'traditional' matters?

Your Natal Gemini Midheaven has to just 'say' it all 'out there', somehow, even tho' Mercury up there in 9th conj. 10th opposite Neptune, can't always quite...say it exactly. So, 'acting' and 'dance' are certainly ways of conveying your interpretations and understanding of, not only what you are experiencing, but also about others. ie. you are feeling far more than just 'yourself' and REEEEALLY want to convey that.

'Numerologically', you are in an '26/8' year, which is pushing you to take what you have and develop it to the limit, and then to learn more, and more, and more...about one/two...several?... :shock: specific subject(s). Your sense of loyalty will keep you to your 'truth' about this current period in your life, which may/may not help you at this time. Just try to be honest with yourself. Again, that's easy to say, but not always easy to do. :roll: (I keep trying! :cry:).

Hope some of this helps in some way.
Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
kolani

Post by kolani »

Thanks so much for the reply. What I found most interesting was how you descibed the Gemini Midheaven in relation to my Mercury Neptune Opposition... so as far as my artistic/creative endeavors I have the ability to express/tap into a "collective", that goes beyond my mere subjective experience/expression? This is inspiring and surprising to me- as I've thus far experienced my talents more in the realm of 'melodrama' - can you articulate a little more about that Mercury Neptune Opposition in relation to where my creative nitch might be? I only ask because someone else had mentioned that same aspect in realtion to my Midhaven and is it was like a BANG- (the ability to feel others emotions and empathize with them on a one on one basis- ...I am a fitness trainer but my clients experience me more as a "safe zone" where they can express themselves freely and feel comforted-I can't tell you how many times after a loved one dies from my clients family/etc. the first person my clients come to see is...Me...)

How can I transfrom this into MY OWN CREATIVE power so I can actively benefit from it and find vitality as opposed to being psychically drained?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi kolani, and sorry for delay in responding. First (and given that we're looking at Solar Arcs) I would be looking at Mercury/MC arc (age 3), the arc between Merc/Neptune (age 5/6). and IC/Neptune arc (age 8/9). There was perhaps much going on during those early years that is relevant to this. (Easy to say, and so far probably obvious).

Mercury in your 9th rules your MC/10th House and your Virgo Asc. Neptune rules your 7th/Desc/Other. So you are able to translate what you see in others not only from what you know and see in them with regard to your own experiences, but somehow you are able to see beyond that. (Bear in mind that this is an 'opposition' however, so when it's at a really personal level, you might not see so clearly). Your Sun, Moon, Venus and Ceres in Cancer in the 10th gives you the capacity to care for others, and so they see this and trust in you...and 'feel safe'. A beautiful gift. But you might need to be careful with regard to whom you trust in terms of listening to too many 'others', both 'externally' and 'internally'. In other words - Don't get sidetracked. (Easy for me to say!)

Clearly from what you have said about others 'feeling safe with you', you are on the right track. The Sun is your 'creative centre' so that's the energy to follow. Mercury, essential tho' it may be, can (especially in opposition to Neptune) 'misguide'...ie. too much 'thinking' will surely take you to wondrous places but, sigh...can mislead you.

Might be a good idea to look at the Nodes in your chart. I've found that these can help along the way. (Uh...ohhh...why do I feel another question coming? :o ).