Energy outbursts

Transits are the most obvious and immediately evident way in which astrological influences can be shown to continue beyond the natal horoscope. They are a rich and complex means of exploring and suggesting ongoing opportunities for personal/psychological development within, not only an individual, but also within Families, and Countries.
Rapsody3

Energy outbursts

Post by Rapsody3 »

I subscribe to a Danish magazine, which - like almost all astrological magazines - have a section with the daily aspects. Aspects with Mars are interpreted as good for physical energy.

Some years ago I made a diary on my visits to the fitness centre. I don't go to the fitness centre on a regular basis - instead I go there, when I feel an urge for it. If I had done all my program with the weight training I would put an X for the specific date. Later I summoned up all the X'es and compared them with my personal transits, expecting Mars transits to be prominent. But that was not the case. Instead aspects with Jupiter were prominent in a statistically significant degree.

This year I have started a similar diary, this time for cardiac training only: Jogging, swimming, rowing (by the fitness centre's rowing machine), bicycling - you name it. This project is more advanced than the one with the weight training, because I try to estimate the number of calories I have burnt every time and use it as a kind of "weight" in my statistics. I was expecting something with Mercury or the Sun, but once again aspects with Jupiter are prominent among the transits and the progressions.

I wonder if anybody else has made similar observations. Either my statistics are flawed, or else the astrological tradition is wrong.

This is how I imagine the error could have been introduced into astrology: In the 1960s and 1970s biorythms became fashionable. Biorythms have 3 curves, one for intellect, one for emotions and one for physical energy. I think the astrologers adopted the concept and assigned the 3 biorythms to Mercury, Venus and Mars. After all Michel Gauquelin had discovered a Mars effect associated with athletes. But I don't know for sure if my assumption is right.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: Energy outbursts

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Rapsody3, I like what you have done, I too experience Jupiter as an energising planet as he transits my chart. I am not all that energised by Mars transits though. The planet of war is nowhere near as powerful as Jupiter, the King of the Gods.

I find that natally Mars is very strong but by transit he only has as much impact as the other inner planets, which can usually be quite minor. You need to be looking to notice his activity by transit. I am sure that he does trigger physical activity though and it may be more inclined towards accidents, impatience, irritability, restless sleep and minor hyperactivity.

I see nothing wrong with your analysis. What we are doing is proposing hypothesis, options, for ourselves and others to examine. We aim to, as you put it so nicely in another thread, 'improve astrology'.
Rapsody3

Post by Rapsody3 »

Thanks for the comment and the encouragement. It's nice to know I am not alone in this "discovery".

However, I am not quiete sure, if I understand you correctly, or if you understand me correctly. I think the fault is mine, because I wasn't too clear. I know I talk about Mars transits - but by that I mean transits "both ways", e.g. both when transit Mars makes a transit to a planet in my natal chart, a transit to other transitting planets - and when another transit, e.g. Jupiter or Saturn or Venus, makes a transit to my natal Mars. When I add it all up, the result is apparently that Jupiter is the big energizer, not Mars.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

I will try to be clearer in my own mind too, Natal Mars shows where we express our innate energy and drive, I can see that in a natal chart. When Mars transits natal points it is not anywhere near as powerful or as visible as a Jupiter transit.

Not sure if that actually was clearer, but I think we are both thinking in the same direction.
Rapsody3

Post by Rapsody3 »

Anyway, we have established that favourable Jupiter aspects in the prognostic chart (= transits & progressions) seem to promote outbursts of physical energy. If I combine the Jupiter aspects with the aspects to and from my 9th house ruler (in my case: the Sun), this phenomena becomes even stronger.

The next observation I made, when I was looking into my weight training back in 2008, was that another factor played a role: Eris and the second house ruler(s). In my case the second house is ruled by Jupiter and Saturn. If I made a curve consisting of the aspects with these 3 planets: Eris, Jupiter and Saturn, I noticed that when they were afflicted, it also promoted weight training - and the same seems to be true for cardiac training in my present research.

Consequently I made a complete different diary: I put down and "X" ind my calender for each day I would sit down and watch an entire movie either on TV, in the cinema or from a DVD (this was in 2008, when DVDs were still popular). My count didn't include watching a part of a TV-series, only entire movies. My theory seemed and seems to be correct: Beneficial aspects with the second house rulers promote physical passivity, like enjoying a movie - and probably also going out to have a dinner at a restaurant, because that would be in accordance to the astrological tradition for the 2nd house. But when I read the daily aspects in my astrology magazine, watching a movie is associated with Neptune aspects - this seems to be another area, where contemporary astrology has got it wrong.

The 2nd and the 9th house, Eris and Jupiter, Taurus and Sagittarius. From Taurus the 9th house is ruled by Saturn, from Sagittarius the 2nd house is ruled by Saturn. It makes (astro-)logical sense, that favourable Jupiter aspects combined with unfavourable Eris aspects promote physical activity! Then I remembered a mythological connection: Jupiter was called Zeus in Greek mythology. Zeus abducted and seduced a young, Phoenician girl named Europa (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_(mythology), and he did it in the shape of a white bull, and it is this bull, which was comemorated in the sky as the star constellation, we know as Taurus. Conclusion: There is some kind of connection between Sagittarius and Taurus, Jupiter and Eris. For my part, as an astrologer, I believe that Eris is exalted in Sagittarius...

Recently I have been wondering how these observations can be put into practical use. This is merely and idea, which probably has to be developed further, before it is mature to be put on the market: There is an epidemic of obesity going on in the rich part of the world: USA, China, South Africa, Australia and Europe. With my observations it might be possible to make an astrological weight loss program by making a curve consisting of beneficial aspects to Jupiter and the 9th house ruler(s) and afflicting aspects with Eris and the 2nd house ruler(s). If an obese person can take advantage of the moments, where his or her body and mind are mostly motivated or in synchrosity with the universe, when it comes to physical exercise, it might be easier to loose weight. The curve could also be used to warn about the moments, when a person is mostly inclined to be physically passive. This is of course speculations, more experiments have to be conducted, before such a program can be established. For instance, I don't know if these observations are true for other people than myself and my own (male) gender.

If anybody is interested in co-operating in the development of such a programme, please let me know.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

you have some great ideas, don't forget Jupiter rules excess, so over weight people may just eat more and watch more TV during the transits of Jupiter and the 9th House ruler. It sure is worth researching though.

I think those with a strong Capricorn and Saturn will have the self discipline to exercise during these Jupiter / 9th House ruler transits. The Jupiter ruled may struggle. Bacchus rules Sag I think...? At least he should and Zeus certainly enjoyed a good time, don't recall it mentioned that he ever exercised though.

Jupiter for me is energy and mental stimulation, so is Uranus, but I can't recall any desires to go for a walk, though I am sure I did. What did Gauquelin say about athletes, Mars and Saturn wasn't it? What career did Jupiter stand out in? Don't have access to my books at the moment so just guessing, sorry.

The thing with astrology is that the chart demonstrates just how complex we really are. We aim, like psychologists of old and new, to understand the basic principles of human personality. We have already buttoned most of them. What we now know about human personality: drives, urges and instincts is incredible, but we certainly could do with even more knowledge and understanding.

I like how you approach this topic.
Rapsody3

Post by Rapsody3 »

Please take a look at the analysis of planetary types & obesity posted at viewtopic.php?f=88&t=2857&p=11342&sid=8 ... cfe#p11342.
Rapsody3

Post by Rapsody3 »

I went to see a clairvoyant in February this year. I wanted to get some input regarding my future career prospects. I am tired of my present office work, I want to do astrology full time. She told me so many things about myself, which I know to be true, and which she couldn't have known unless she really was clairvoyant. That is why I have confidence in her, when she said that my career is turning better from June, maybe already from ultimo May. So now I am cooking, preparing for whatever is to come: Starting an electronic astrological magazine, starting an astrology school or maybe my own show on a local TV-station! :lol: The astrological weight loss program is just one of a string of ideas, and I don't expect it to be ready for the public before May or June.

Also I have a year rythm, which follows the Suns movement through the zodiac: In February I get restless and start dreaming up new projects. At this time of the year, when it is spring, I get physically tired. There is always a major crisis in April, when the Aries Sun squares my Capricorn Sun. Then when the Sun moves through Taurus, I am rewarded somehow in a big way. June, July and August are boring, neither good nor bad. September is pleasant, and then my physical energy returns and stays in top during the autumn and the winter. So it makes sense to me, when the clairvoyant predicted a major career breakthrough in May or June.