Saturn opp. Uranus

Transits are the most obvious and immediately evident way in which astrological influences can be shown to continue beyond the natal horoscope. They are a rich and complex means of exploring and suggesting ongoing opportunities for personal/psychological development within, not only an individual, but also within Families, and Countries.
admin
Site Admin

Saturn opp. Uranus

Post by admin »

Question: It occurred to me that this current transiting Sat. opp. Uranus would be relevant to the House in a chart that has Aquarius on the cusp. So I'm wondering if anyone has noticed, or is experiencing anything to do with their 'Aquarius House' that pertains to this ?
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
admin
Site Admin

Re: Saturn opp. Uranus

Post by admin »

I just came across this site: http://www.astrolutely.com/ wherein there are some interesting comments and insights by astrologer, Penny Thornton, into this current Saturn opp. Uranus transit. (Love her tagline: "Astrolutely Fabulous" :) ).

Here is a short extract:
The Saturn-Uranus opposition will remain active until October 2010 so this two-year period will be characterized by conflict and reformation on both a collective and personal level. However, Saturn and Uranus will not always be alone; they will be joined by Pluto from September 2009, thus forming a 'T'-square in cardinal signs. This 'T'-square is reminiscent of that of the early Nineteen-Thirties when Saturn in Capricorn opposed Pluto in Cancer while Uranus in Aries squared them both. During this period the Depression continued to cast its dark shadow over the world and out of the collective anger, fear and sense of hopelessness a new ideology was born - fascism. Now, I'm not saying that we will have a return to the good-old-bad-old days of fascism but, as we can see from the more recent model of the mid-Nineteen-Sixties, new movements emerge during times of crisis. And while right now the struggle we are experiencing is related to the economy it would be disingenuous not to expect some serious conflict between nation and nation beginning in late 2009.
There's a lot more in that site and it is well worth a visit.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Night Sky

Post by Night Sky »

Hi all,

I have Saturn conjunct Ascendant 24`30Virgo turning retro right now, feel actually quite down. Wondering what it means to have the opposition taking place over that Ascendant Descendant line. Uranus is now on its way to the opposite side. What should I expect? I don´t see it as good in any way. Only that it trines my natal Sun at 25 Scorpio at the same time.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Night Sky...and yes, Saturn's transit through the 12th can drag you into realms that are unrecognisable and ergo, impossible to 'confront'. We know the 12th has to do with 'the unconscious', and particularly with the 'collective unconscious'...that area where we are connected with the nebulous, ever-shifting oceanic depths of the collective human 'psyche'. Both Saturn and Virgo are concerned with 'defining', with 'categorising' and with making things 'real' in a very concrete sense...which is of course, antithetical to the slipping and sliding nuances of the 12th.

Tis difficult to go into this without further chart details, although from your previous posts, the Moon is in Aries?, and with Virgo Rising, perhaps Saturn rules the 5th? and co-rules Aq. on the 6th, wherein T. Uranus is currently, and which House it also rules. (They've been skirting around each other for a while, and the 1st exact opposition occurs on the 5th Feb. 09 at 11.00 AM GMT. in the 21st degrees of Virgo/Pisces; the 2nd exact opp. is on the 15th Sept. 09 in the 25th degrees of Virgo/Pisces).

Whatever has been 'going on' (or perhaps I should say those that are: 'Not going on') in your life will very likely be resolved during this second opposition, especially as it occurs exactly across your Asc/Desc. axis.

This does all suggest that the many issues that have been concerning you during the period since Saturn entered your 12th involves work issues (with perhaps also some 'health' hiccups) since Uranus entered your 6th House (around about 2000/01?). As you probably know, Uranus does not like 'routine', which the 6th has a fair bit to do with. So, a 'steady' job would be difficult to sustain, unless you were/are given total freedom and independence within that field. Meanwhile, Saturn, ruling the 5th - need to create and define oneself through one's creations, entered the 12th and started to create doubts, and of course...fears. (Is your Uranus in Sag. in the 3rd conj. Merc. in Sag.... which rules the Asc.? And is Saturn in Scorp. in semi-sextile?)...If so, the natal connection suggests that this opposition will highlight/bring into your conscious awareness, what you really value and need. It won't be at all easy of course (Saturn and Uranus are 'natural' enemies in mythology, and also of course because Saturn demands careful building and step by step construction of any and everything one sets out to do...whereas, Uranus just wants to break the proverbial mold - or just simply to fly free of any restraints..."To boldly go where no man has been before..." so to speak.

All very well, and really important of course. However, this is after all a material/physical world, and Saturn's restrictions are - up to a point - necessary to accomplish any goals. With Saturn transiting the 12th, it's quite possible that you're not sure of what those goals may be. Maybe you're struggling and not even sure what you're struggling for or against. Upshot is, and this is the hardest part - you have to try to let Saturn 'speak' to you. Barriers will certainly need to be broken through, but the task will be working out which ones, and these may not be what appear to be the most obvious.

There's no denying that this will be a tough time. But do remember that there is a very poweful 'birth' process going on here, the outcome of which could well be an amazing growth and understanding of yourself and of your 'place' in the world. I know that sounds a bit 'platitudinous', and I apologise for that. Truth is, I can't possibly know the 'all' of this for you, but I am guessing that, at the very least, it will give you a much deeper and wider understanding, not only of yourself, but of others too.

I could go on and on, but think I'd better stop for now. Do hope there's something here that helps a little bit. If you have any questions about any of this, please do ask.
Night Sky

Post by Night Sky »

Hi Steph, thanks for the message.

I am glad to post on your site because I get good replies always.

Things are going well for me at the moment. I am pushing ahead with some new plans and goals, which ought to begin to bear fruit when Saturn leaves house 12 this September, for me anyway. I am currently working as a teacher in a school in a volunteering role, I get no pay, but I get all the experience and learning on the job that I could wish for. In August I do my Celta teaching course and by September, I ought to be on my own two feet, with the responsibility and the experience that Saturn is meant to bring. Uranus crossing the Descendant is also an interesting time for me too. I´ve realised I don´t need anyone, I am free and I think it´s a good way to be.
gemini59

Post by gemini59 »

Hi Sky and Steph. I like to hear your personal experiences of the transits. Aquarius rules my 12th but Pisces and Virgo are intercepted in the 6/12 axis so Uranus is now in an intercepted house. And I am not sure what that means.
I was expecting something really big on events as my natal sun is at 22 degrees Gemini and moon is at 22 degrees Virgo. The sun rules my 6th and the moon rules my 4th and fifth.
As far as events in general I am not sure how exact transits have to be but in Feb my partner had his second of two heart attacks (sun=heart, saturn=constriction, Uranus=sudden) and my teenage daughter got in some real trouble mainly by not telling the truth (fifth house ruled by sun and 12th house=secrets).
For me, I have become much more involved with astrology and it may be the 12th house uranus in Pisces. My office moved in Jan which seems a bit odd though saturn rules my tenth and the moon is change as saturn hit my natal moon in the 6th. Kind of weird.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Night Sky, and thanks for that !
Things are going well for me at the moment. I am pushing ahead with some new plans and goals, which ought to begin to bear fruit when Saturn leaves house 12 this September, for me anyway. I am currently working as a teacher in a school in a volunteering role, I get no pay, but I get all the experience and learning on the job that I could wish for. In August I do my Celta teaching course and by September, I ought to be on my own two feet, with the responsibility and the experience that Saturn is meant to bring. Uranus crossing the Descendant is also an interesting time for me too. I´ve realised I don´t need anyone, I am free and I think it´s a good way to be.
And T. Neptune in your 6th ...'volunteering role'...with no pay. And, tho' I don't have your actual chart (just guessed it), Jupiter is probably entering your 6th and will conjoin Transiting Neptune there, and they will be in conjunction, back and forth as both planets will be playing with each other closely, until late December this year. This I feel will be a wonderful experience. But, I would add one caution: Be careful of giving Too Much! Fortunately, with Uranus crossing your Descendant/7th, I feel you will know when to say 'No!'...and I think you will have to do this on occasion.

I note that Mars moves into your 9th House during August...great for starting new studies!!!

Good Luck ! :P And, thanks again for posting.

For others who are reading this post, do go and read Night Sky's Blog ! http://buddymaterna.wordpress.com/
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

gemini59 wrote:Hi Sky and Steph. I like to hear your personal experiences of the transits. Aquarius rules my 12th but Pisces and Virgo are intercepted in the 6/12 axis so Uranus is now in an intercepted house. And I am not sure what that means.
I was expecting something really big on events as my natal sun is at 22 degrees Gemini and moon is at 22 degrees Virgo. The sun rules my 6th and the moon rules my 4th and fifth.
As far as events in general I am not sure how exact transits have to be but in Feb my partner had his second of two heart attacks (sun=heart, saturn=constriction, Uranus=sudden) and my teenage daughter got in some real trouble mainly by not telling the truth (fifth house ruled by sun and 12th house=secrets).
For me, I have become much more involved with astrology and it may be the 12th house uranus in Pisces. My office moved in Jan which seems a bit odd though saturn rules my tenth and the moon is change as saturn hit my natal moon in the 6th. Kind of weird.
Hi Gemini59! Re 'how exact transits have to be', I've found that the outer planets can start having an effect with a much wider 'orb' than the usual 'one or two' degrees. Especially, if they rule an Angle (Asc/Desc/MC/IC), or if they 'rule' the Sun or Moon, or the Ruling Planet. In fact, I think one starts to feel the effect of planets from Saturn outwards, when they enter a sign, tho' of course, not for specific events. I don't have your chart details (if you prefer not to post them publicly here, you can if you like, send them to me privately, via the 'send Private Message' in the 'User Control Panel'...or, not. No personal details will be displayed on the Forum of course.) (Just noticed you posted details in another Forum here!!! :oops: ).

I'm very sorry about your partner's heart attacks and I do hope he is improving. I have had a similar experience with my partner and understand how frightening it is!

Re: about the 'astrological observation is very precise'. At that time, Saturn and Uranus were in exact opposition in the 21st degrees of Virgo/Pisces, as you probably have noted. That 'opposition' was in semisquare and sesquisquare to your Neptume (in 7th?). It also made a semi/sesquisquare to your Venus (in 5th?) when your daughter's problems emerged.

In January, when your office 'moved', Mars was in 9th, crossing into 10th House, and Mars as Chart Ruler, also co-ruler of your Neptune (and 8th House?), does suggest the possiblity that this was not a personal choice.

Meanwhile, re Intercepted matters: I've always found this a bit difficult to understand. There are many interpretations, but - and stating the obvious - I feel that the energy is much more difficult to get a 'handle' on. The sign that is intercepted can only be expressed through the house in which its Ruler resides. Pisces i/cepted in the 12th, thus gets expressed by wherever Neptune is situated. Virgo in the 6th, gets expressed by wherever Mercury is. In other words, it gets 'translated', rather than experienced directly. And of course, the 12th House is hard to interpret at the best of times (...whenever 'they' may be! :wink: ). So, when a planet is transiting an intercepted sign, look to the House that the ruler of that sign is in, and also look at where the transiting planet is situated - which House?/natal aspects?.

Hope some of this answers at least some of your questions. If not, please do let us know and we'll try to go further.

Thanks so much for posting.
gemini59

Post by gemini59 »

Great! You give a wonderful perspective. I did not pick up on those things and did not realize that the energies of mars and saturn (chart ruler and angular/MC respectively) would increase my sensitivity to them..if that sounds right.
I did not understand what you were saying about
Mars as Chart Ruler, also co-ruler of your Neptune (and 8th House
?. Neptune, at 4 degrees, is in the 7th. The 8th cusp is at 13' 31 using Placidus. If you used equal house it would indeed be quite close to the 8th house cusp. Are you referring to mars as ruler of Scorpio using the traditional meaning? I know that neptune and mars are natally square ...would that play a part?
Yes, the office move was not my choice but I allowed it to be :) in true Neptunium fashion.
Did you mean that since Uranus is in the intercepted Pisces, I would look to my natal uranus in the fifth (conjuncnt mars and venus) to understand its significance...sudden events in relation to children, and romantic partners..but since there is challenging aspects the events will prove to be challenging...and they have been! :? I added my progressed and transit chart for jan of this year....i hope this helps...thanks again for your input. I feel like I learn a little more each day. Great!
astro_245gw_01_cass_2009116_hk.44238.22585.gif
astro_245gw_01_cass_2009116_hk.44238.22585.gif (34.48 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Saturn in Virgo opp. Uranus in Pisces
Don't know how it's working for you, but currently (13/16 Sept. '09 so far...) is/was exactly conj. my 2nd/8th and within a few days, Water Heater exploded, and ...sigh...MUCH more such as, policy payments for Insurance overdue and have to be paid. Car Registration and...more... .... So, thought to post this extract from http://www.philipsedgwick.com/ (You really should check out his 'Galactic Times' for much much more!).
It all starts on the 17th as the Sun aligns with Saturn. This is the same day that retrograding Mercury returns to Virgo. The next day the new moon arrives, making a trinity: Sun-Moon-Saturn all standing as a virtual one. On the 20th Mercury retros back into alignment with the Sun. And on the very next day Mercury puts his attention directly upon the beckoning of Saturn. ... ... ...for those fighting to figure a way to cope with life's mundane necessities, it's a chore especially if going against the plan or even the creation of a plan. A relatively unknown part of this planetary sequence resides in the fact that this entire conjunction pattern aligns with an ignored dwarf planet: Makemake. That too!? Thanks for the "when it rains it pours" reminder. Surely there's a subtle but increasingly intense whispering of "f" words documenting reactions to the trends above - perhaps something like "Facts, fertile minds and fervent fervor feed fecundity following fantasy to fulfillment