Transits and orbs?

Transits are the most obvious and immediately evident way in which astrological influences can be shown to continue beyond the natal horoscope. They are a rich and complex means of exploring and suggesting ongoing opportunities for personal/psychological development within, not only an individual, but also within Families, and Countries.
Leolitsa

Transits and orbs?

Post by Leolitsa »

Hello friends :D
I am having a hard time lately dealing with saturn transits... i am a capricorn and i have mercury in cancrr opposing my ascendant. Since late January I am having traubles with internet connection, communication in general, car problems and also health issues (since mercury in my chart is my 6th house ruler also). I wanted to know... how many orbs should I take into consideration for transits? if saturn is about 3 degrees away from transiting a planet does it affects it? My mercury is at 18 degrees of cancer.. I am feeling like there is not end in my sufffering lol (not to mention that I was affected also by the last total moon's eclipse :( )
admin
Site Admin

Re: Transits and orbs?

Post by admin »

Hi Leolitsa,

I think you meant that you have Capricorn Asc. (as you’re a Leo?).

With regard to transit orbs, unfortunately this can get quite complicated. Of course there are general and basic ‘rules’ – mostly set at 2 degs. prior to a conjunction and 1 deg. after. This can work quite well for the ‘inner planets’ in transit (Sun, Moon, Mercury and Venus), but in my experience, the ‘outer’ planets start to be felt with wider orbs of several degrees before and sometimes after too.

What further complicates this is the strength of any planet in a chart – Ruler of an angle (Asc./Desc./IC/MC), or the Sun or Moon; or when 2 planets or more are in conjunction or in a stellium as the energies of all of those planets will come into play during a transit aspect, particularly when a conjunction, opposition or square is involved.

Then again, if a number of transits to other transiting planets, or to natal planets, occur simultaneously, an ‘event’ can be triggered, or a current situation highlighted or brought to a head.

Also, orbs can vary if a Progressed Planet is involved in a particular transit. And the list of variations goes on, which is one of the reasons why it is hard to predict specific events or resolutions to an ongoing situation.

And so to your question about Saturn and Mercury, and all of those 6th House problems: You have said that you’ve been having ‘Mercurial’ problems since the end of January; this was when Saturn entered your Asc. and so it makes sense that you would have started to feel it’s effects opposite your Mercury (ruler of your 6th) conjunct your 7th even though it was 3 degs. away from Mercury at that time.

What I would add here is that it would be pulling in the Neptune/URANUS (internet/computers) exactly opposite your Mercury, and with which transiting Pluto has been in conjunction for quite some time. Add that you have Saturn in Aquarius natally and perhaps you can see how this is all being reflected in your life at this time.

I would also mention that your Progressed Moon (ruling your Natal Mercury in Cancer) has been in square to your Prog. Asc. in AQUARIUS and so I would suggest that as that particular aspect has passed the exact square, you’ll start to feel some relief from all of this chaos and tension. That doesn’t mean that it will all be over and resolved completely, but it does suggest that you’ll get to the point where you recognise what’s at the root of all of this and set about finding practical ways to resolve all these issues.

Hope this isn’t too confusing and at least gives a few clues as to how this is all working !

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Leolitsa

Re: Transits and orbs?

Post by Leolitsa »

admin wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:15 am Hi Leolitsa,

I think you meant that you have Capricorn Asc. (as you’re a Leo?).

With regard to transit orbs, unfortunately this can get quite complicated. Of course there are general and basic ‘rules’ – mostly set at 2 degs. prior to a conjunction and 1 deg. after. This can work quite well for the ‘inner planets’ in transit (Sun, Moon, Mercury and Venus), but in my experience, the ‘outer’ planets start to be felt with wider orbs of several degrees before and sometimes after too.

What further complicates this is the strength of any planet in a chart – Ruler of an angle (Asc./Desc./IC/MC), or the Sun or Moon; or when 2 planets or more are in conjunction or in a stellium as the energies of all of those planets will come into play during a transit aspect, particularly when a conjunction, opposition or square is involved.

Then again, if a number of transits to other transiting planets, or to natal planets, occur simultaneously, an ‘event’ can be triggered, or a current situation highlighted or brought to a head.

Also, orbs can vary if a Progressed Planet is involved in a particular transit. And the list of variations goes on, which is one of the reasons why it is hard to predict specific events or resolutions to an ongoing situation.

And so to your question about Saturn and Mercury, and all of those 6th House problems: You have said that you’ve been having ‘Mercurial’ problems since the end of January; this was when Saturn entered your Asc. and so it makes sense that you would have started to feel it’s effects opposite your Mercury (ruler of your 6th) conjunct your 7th even though it was 3 degs. away from Mercury at that time.

What I would add here is that it would be pulling in the Neptune/URANUS (internet/computers) exactly opposite your Mercury, and with which transiting Pluto has been in conjunction for quite some time. Add that you have Saturn in Aquarius natally and perhaps you can see how this is all being reflected in your life at this time.

I would also mention that your Progressed Moon (ruling your Natal Mercury in Cancer) has been in square to your Prog. Asc. in AQUARIUS and so I would suggest that as that particular aspect has passed the exact square, you’ll start to feel some relief from all of this chaos and tension. That doesn’t mean that it will all be over and resolved completely, but it does suggest that you’ll get to the point where you recognise what’s at the root of all of this and set about finding practical ways to resolve all these issues.

Hope this isn’t too confusing and at least gives a few clues as to how this is all working !

Best,
Admin.
Hello admin
And thanks for taking the time to read my chart :)
Actually I figured out I have being going through a saturn transit since there is also some limitations in my life thhat feels frustrating. I am dealing with am illness that I know its chronic but not also for a lifetime. I read somewhere that saturn loves traditions so I have tried also a more tradional ways of healing myself through healthy diet and vitamins. These actually works somehow since i feel some relief from.symptoms.
Well I wanted to ask how much will my "suffering" last lol but i guess saturn should also ends thw opposition from mercury too. Again it will turn retro this year so I am expecting some problems again. Even in my solar return this year I am having a sun mercury oppotition. The good news is that transiting mercury this montn makes some favourable aspects with my natal pluto and neptune/uranus.
I wanted to ask.. could a progressed mars squaring ascendant points to health problems, psysical hurts or even surgery too?
Well I thought that as a capricorn ascendant I could bear saturn's transits more easily but I was wrong. But from personal experience the worst of the worst was not saturn's bad transits in my life (not even pluto's) but moon's and solar's eclipses.
Thank you again for your help
Regards