Synchronicity

The work of Swiss Psychiatrist C G Jung has often been associated with astrological thinking and much has been written about it, Some good, some not so good. What do you think? Do they have a connection, such as through Jung's idea of Synchronicity?
Lilith78

Re: Synchronicity

Post by Lilith78 »

For most of my life, I felt that coincidence is a cop-out. Instead, I am a strong believer in serendipity. My guess from what I read in the first two posts in this thread, how I define serendipity is how Jung defines synchronicity.

For example, when I first started proactively researching astrology, the signs became quite relevant in my life. I started seeing astrological metaphors as I read the bible. The bible made far more sense. Furthermore, astrology has very much helped me remember the birth date of both my niece and nephew.

Any time I start a new project, and focus on the concepts relevant to that project, I am bombarded by new experiences that help me fully digest that concept. Given all this, wouldn't you say that either synchronicity or serendipity does an equally good job of explaining this sort of thing?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Lilith,

Have you checked a dictionary for the meanings of these two words ?

For e.g.:

Serendipity:  the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.

Synchronicity:  the simultaneous occurrence of events which appear significantly related but have no discernible causal connection. 

Can you see the difference ?

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Lilith78

Post by Lilith78 »

Thank you for looking up both words for me. I hope in the near future to conceptualize their definitions, so I can easily tell the difference between the two. However, right now I am doing a better job of seeing how they overlap than I am of noting their differences. For now, please be patient as I apply the two words to an example. This application is my way of teaching myself how to fish.
Greenfigure88%

Post by Greenfigure88% »

Your unconscious minds creates synchronicities!