Will she get hurt?

Note that synastry requires two charts to be set up and analysed so, before asking, please make sure that this is a serious relationship. This is a free board and our time to respond is limited.
Momtoher

Will she get hurt?

Post by Momtoher »

Hello! I would so appreciate your time and insight into this relatively new relationship my daughter is in after a heartbreaking end to a former highschool sweetheart 6 year relationship. After about a year of depression, she is now happy and I don’t want to see her hurt. I have looked at the natals,synastry, and composite but do not have the knowledge to interpret it. The sun signs I know are incompatible, but I am hoping that her moon sign matching his sun sign is a positive and that there are other positives in the charts. Hoping this is a good and lasting love for her. As parents, we like him. The new relationship began after the two had several social encounters as friends at university over a four year period. They began talking after her break up and it took off from there. Both are mature and now in established jobs, live in close proximity, and are officially in a relationship. Relationship began in March of this year. Him: Jan 13, 1994 exact time unknown, Bloomington, Minnesota, USA. Her: Oct 2, 1995 9:38 PM, Monticello, Minnesota, USA. Thank you very much!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Will she get hurt?

Post by admin »

Dear Momtoher,

I have to say I’m a little reluctant to do this as inevitably every relationship has some difficulties and I’m concerned that unless I say it’s all wonderful, you’ll worry too much and perhaps try to influence her – if only purely in your need to protect her. And then, even if you didn’t try to change her mind or influence her, naturally she’ll be very aware of your feelings and won’t properly experience and learn what this relationship has to teach her. I would add too that without his time of birth the all-important position of his Moon can’t be known, nor his Ascendant and therefore where in the chart, all his planets fall.

As you will have seen, he has 6 planets in Capricorn and this alone suggests that he is generally a serious kind of individual. As your daughter has Moon, Uranus and Neptune also in Capricorn, this gives them a basic understanding and each of them sees the potential in each other for an ideal mate.

With his Sun conjunct Uranus, and her Moon conjunct her own Uranus, I would think that there’s a lot of excitement and stimulation, and this can mean that their relationship will likely never grow stale. However, I feel that they both have a need to retain their independence within the relationship, and each have their own space or areas of their lives that are separate from each other, otherwise either or both of them will get restless. But this is something they’ll discover and sort out for themselves.

There is also a tendency for them to idolise or idealise each other, which is lovely, as long as they’re able to also be very aware – at least eventually – of each other’s reality and so as not get disappointed. Reason I say this is because his Mars is conjunct his own Neptune and also her Neptune and so they can live in their own dream world, or misunderstand each other at some level. Nonetheless, with her Mars in good aspect to this combination, this may well work out much better than it might do so otherwise. In fact they may accomplish some goal or work together that they might not be able to find or do separately.

As she has Sun, Mercury and Venus in Libra (what a lovely girl !), and these are in difficult aspect to some of his Capricorn planets, I do think she needs to make sure she stands up for herself as Libra needs everything to be harmonious and has a tendency to ‘give way’ to keep the peace.

As you had said, she surely has been going through a very difficult time. This is mainly due to transiting Saturn which came to the square with her Chiron in Jan. this year, squared her Sun March/Apr. and then turned retrograde. It’s very significant that they became a couple at this time, and in fact, this speaks volumes about the relationship. As it’s just touched her Chiron again, if she’s doing so well now, then clearly she’s found her way – at least in part - through those difficulties.

Saturn will come back again to the square to her Sun, so if it’s possible for her to be as realistic as she can and keep her feet on the ground, then this will just give her another level of maturity. If there are difficulties, then you’ll be there for her of course; but whatever they may be, or IF such occur, then she will ultimately have to work through them herself in order to gain that maturity.

I suspect that with Saturn set to cross all of his Capricorn planets during these next few years he may well get caught up in his work, and/or the part of his life relevant to where all those planets fall (which House in his chart they are). So, if she is still with him during that period, it’s well for her to know that if he seems preoccupied and doesn’t seem to have as much time for her as she would like and hope, this is the reason.

They have other very good aspects between their charts which give the relationship a real strength and endurance, and which may, despite any difficulties, hold them together. Furthermore, they may find that the longer the relationship continues, the deeper it will become. However – and as with any relationship - it will depend on how mature and self-aware each of them is as to how they deal with those more difficult energies.

I’m very sure it’s going to go its own way regardless of any outside influence by or from anyone, as no-one else can possibly know all of the complexities of their relationship and how it is working on and changing them individually. Overall I’d say, let them enjoy their idealism and dreams together while they do and can, as together they are finding whole new facets of themselves and of their lives, and both are learning and growing through this relationship.

I do hope this helps even if I haven’t managed to allay your fears as both you – and I – would like. But there would be no point in my giving only the positive potential as, in the end, this wouldn’t help either of you, would it ?

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Momtoher

Re: Will she get hurt?

Post by Momtoher »

Aww... thank you so very much for such a deep and thoughtful response... very appreciative of your time and talent, and your response has definitely eased my mind! Us Moms do so worry and always want to protect no matter what age our babies are— but I want her to experience all that love has to offer ( even if that means getting hurt, as hard as that is for a Mom to see). I will definitely step back and watch her grow— always present to pick her up if need be, and hopeful she is loved by this young man as she is loved by me and that she offers the same to this nice young man. Thank you!