Will this ever work? Am I wasting my time?

Note that synastry requires two charts to be set up and analysed so, before asking, please make sure that this is a serious relationship. This is a free board and our time to respond is limited.
rosedee

Will this ever work? Am I wasting my time?

Post by rosedee »

I feel a really really strong connection to this man I met online. This could be karmic but I'm not sure. I only felt like this once before and I was sure that it was a karmic connection.

Him
4/2/1988
9:33 PM
Beverly Hills, LA, USA

Me
9/2/1995
8:35 AM
Providence, RI, USA

Do we stand a chance? We live on opposite coasts btw, so are there any aspects supporting this relationship, and a long distance one at that.

I would really appreciate some insight. Thank you!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Will this ever work? Am I wasting my time?

Post by admin »

Hi rosedee,

Would you clarify the dates please - these are often written with month and day in different order.

So, is that 2nd April or 4th Feb.; and 2nd Sept. or 9th Feb. ?

Thank you.
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
rosedee

Post by rosedee »

Oops, I apologize.

April 2, 1988 and September 2, 1995.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks rosedee.

Will get back to you asap.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi rosedee, and thank you for you patience !

Both of you are going through very important periods of growth and maturation at this time, and this alone gives a highly significant quality to this relationship.

You are starting an important 2-3 year period when you are seeking – perhaps unconsciously – a stronger foundation for your life and your future, and it’s important that you look within yourself and work on your inner life as much as possible, as this will help you to face and deal with any problems around you that may arise.

At first, you may have found or are finding that you are feeling less confident and so naturally, the state of any relationship will affect you strongly. This is due to the fact that transiting Saturn is shifting back and forth in square to your Asc./Desc. which could bring some slow periods in relationship matters until Nov./Dec. with periods of cooling off and then possibly renewing again. But it’s important that you don’t allow this to undermine your confidence in yourself.

Also you need to be a bit careful during this period as with transiting Neptune opposite your Venus, there can be a tendency to over-idealise any partner so that you might later find yourself disillusioned and disappointed when the other person doesn’t match up to the image you had of them. Nonetheless, Jupiter will be making some very good aspects to your Venus too during this time, and this gives a sense of optimism and the beauty within a relationship, and in life too. This will be stronger during July/Aug.

I suspect that your partner is experiencing some difficulties too in his personal life at the moment, perhaps with financial matters or regarding his personal values. He might be finding it hard to make decisions during this period, not least of all because he’s experiencing his ‘Saturn Return’ – which is an important and often life-changing period which we all experience around the age of 30. It’s a time when we reach an important stage in our lives and begin to discover ‘who we are’ on our journey through life, when we emerge from ‘childhood/youth’ to maturity.

You have some excellent aspects between your charts with his Sun trine your Moon and Jupiter, and your Sun trine his Jupiter/Saturn – all of which suggests that you support each other in the best ways. I suggest that this too would help to mitigate any of the more difficult aspects and energies between you as it would help you both to ‘forgive’ when arguments arise – which is inevitable as your Mars’s are in square, and this can result in quite a lot of tension and disagreement.

Mars is the way we express our drive and you may find that your energies can be out of synch at times so that when one of you wants to move forward, the timing isn’t quite right for the other one. I suspect that with Mars in Libra and Libra Rising, you could easily end up being the one who ‘gives way’ – which inevitably could lead to a feeling of resentment. And as your Mars is also conjunct his Moon, there will be times when you can get irritated with any indecisiveness on his part. In fact, together you may have problems making decisions, especially if you both avoid confrontations. It can be hard to be absolutely honest with each other if you both avoid ‘rocking the boat’ – at least early on in the relationship. And if you don’t deal with this, later on it can become a problem.

However, and as I said before, there are many important connections that should help you get through any such issues and come out the other side with a stronger relationship.

Re ‘karmic’ relationships, this is always a difficult matter to ‘know’. However, there are strong connections that can surely feel ‘karmic’ here.
For example, his Moon conjunct your North Node (and Mars), which suggests that his sense and need for calm, diplomacy and beauty – of fairness and equality, is a part of the path you are on and are learning about. Not easy for you with Mars there as Mars isn’t strong in Libra and it may be that at times you overemphasise diplomacy, or find it hard to balance when to go your own way and when to give way to others. Perhaps you need another’s feedback/opinion/thoughts in order to be able to know and define exactly what you feel yourself ? I suspect that with him, those energies that conflict will help you not only see the other point of view, but also thus to make your own decisions whilst taking others into consideration.

Another of these ‘Nodal’ connections is your Saturn conjunct his North Node and Mercury in Pisces. Without knowing more about you both this is a little difficult to define, but I suggest that you are able to help him give structure to his imagination and vision and to define the thoughts that he may not find easy to express. As it happens, his Saturn is in square to your Mercury, which isn’t easy for you as he will demand that you validate your own ideas and thoughts. But you can both get through this if you’re both aware of what’s going on – which is always necessary for a relationship to thrive of course.

In the Composite chart, Scorpio is rising with the Moon conjunct Pluto in Scorpio which suggests a lot of intensity and depth to the relationship. And with the Moon ruling the 9th House (long-distance), this can lead to problems if you make demands on each other as this can lead to resentment. Nonetheless, this Moon/Pluto is in trine to Venus in the 9th, which adds to the intensity of your feelings for each other. But, I suspect that long-distance isn’t the path for this relationship and that it may eventually lose impetus as Moon/Pluto needs closeness ultimately.

But...I could be wrong ! And indeed, other indications suggest that this relationship may surmount any or all of the more difficult issues and endure for a very long time. Certainly it will change and transform you both tremendously...and it would seem that this is what you have come together for, just as any strong Pluto aspects do in any relationship. Make sure that – both of you - don’t try to make the relationship be what you expect or want it to be. It’s very important that both of you ‘let it flow’ and not allow any feelings of inferiority creep in, especially with regard to your thoughts and communications. In other words, be careful not to put each other’s ideas or thoughts down...listen to what each other is trying to say, especially about any deeper feelings.

I think (if your birth-times are absolutely correct) that there will be a turning point from around May. In fact there may be several such points during this year and next year, as Uranus transits back and forth across the 7th House/relationship cusp of the Composite chart.
It could mean that there are periods of cooling off and then coming together again. Probably one or the other of you, or both of you, will have changed so that the relationship proceeds in a new and fresh way, and on a different level.

I don’t know exactly how this will unfold as Uranus is anything but predictable, and in your chart it’s currently conjunct your South Node in your relationship area, and although it’s beginning to leave that now, it will bring an end of some sort to at least the way in which you have previously approached or experienced relationships prior to this period. I think it will change your attitude or approach to this particular relationship within the next few months at least. From your words: ‘Am I wasting my time ?’ – this transit is exactly mirroring those words.
(By the way, I don’t think any relationship is ‘a waste of time’ as we’re drawn to each person for some purpose or other, even if only to discover more about ourselves, and/or that we’re not on the right track).

Nonetheless, there really is much promise in this relationship... if, as always, you are both prepared to put in the effort that all truly worthwhile relationships require.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, please do ask and I'll try to assist.

Best,
Admin.