Sinastry Chart

Note that synastry requires two charts to be set up and analysed so, before asking, please make sure that this is a serious relationship. This is a free board and our time to respond is limited.
laura

Sinastry Chart

Post by laura »

Hello astrologers!

I wanted to ask some enlightment in a sinastry report about a mentor/mentee relationship. To give a little bit of a background, we've known each other for two years and my life turned upside down ever since. He - the mentor - puts a lot of effort in trying to understand me so then he can give the council and support that I need. However what he tries to teach me sometimes is quite controversial, he is quite protective and demanding which is quite overwhelming sometimes. Any possible lines that could possibly exist bewteen mentorship, friendship and intimacy are quite blurred and the relationship itself seems quite deep and heavy. We both already tried to pull away from it, but none of us seem actually willing to let each other go.

Lots of people that know us question the nature of this relationship, and I myself question the nature of the relationship too. Since he is my mentor, is this learning proccess that I am going through doing me any good? Where does this relationship lead to? I know that looking above it might not seem good, but I actually accomplished a lot in my life with his help, even though it changed me completely.

Me: October 2nd, 1996. - 12:35 pm - Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Him: April 23rd, 1975 - 06:00 pm - Lusaka (Zambia)
1st meeting -don't know if it matters - September 15th, 2015 - São Paulo (Brazil)

Thank you in advance for your help and if in need of any more details just let me know!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sinastry Chart

Post by admin »

Hi laura, welcome and thanks for all the details.

I have quite a few synastry chart requests waiting so it will be a few days before I can respond, so please be a bit patient if you can.

Thank you.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
laura

Post by laura »

Hello!
No problem! Thank you for your help :-)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear Laura,

Every relationship is a learning process, and of course not least of all, those that become so involved and intense. It happens often that a mentor-teacher/mentee-student can become more than just this, especially when the mentee naturally looks up to the mentor, which he would certainly be flattered by.

The main planets/energies in involved in this relationship are Pluto (depth, intensity, obsession, control); Neptune (fantasy, idealism), and Uranus (excitement, stimulation). Well, these are almost always relevant in relationships that feel so powerful and/or destined in some way.

Naturally, there is much more here, and the first thing I note is that transiting Pluto is going through your 12th House, and will soon (by mid next year) be crossing your Ascendant. So in terms of your ‘learning process’, this is definitely playing a very powerful part, and I suggest that it is going to have a major impact on your reputation, so you do need to be very very careful. I do understand that it feels beyond your control at this time, so all I can do is warn you.

I think that perhaps you are learning very much about how you fit into and act in society and in groups or with your peers as natally, you have Pluto in that area. This can mean that you can become the one in any group who ends up carrying all of their unconscious fears and repressions and so you are the unwitting scapegoat for these. (However, I would add that also the work you ultimately end up doing can help to heal those fears in others and leave a powerful and enduring mark on your society. But that’s not relevant to this relationship situation, though it is relevant to your own learning process which this relationship is very much a part of.

Transiting Neptune – which is in conjunction with your Asc. natally - is retrograde in your 3rd at this point in time, so you aren’t thinking clearly or seeing the reality of it all. And as it is in square to Vesta in your 11th, you are losing the support of others in the process. Also this is undermining your confidence in yourself, which isn’t particularly strong in the first place.

Also currently, transiting Uranus is moving back to the square with your Neptune, which can make you feel like you’re ready to throw away everything you have worked for, to pursue the ‘dream’ or fantasy. However, I do suspect that, as this will be the second time you have had this experience, in fact this is more likely to be a ‘wake-up call’ which will bring you the realisation that it is a fantasy. In other words, a sudden flash of understanding that will be very enlightening. (This occurred from June through to Sept. 2016, and will be strong again for the whole of Dec. this year into Jan. and Feb.2018 during which period this ‘enlightenment’ or resolution of the matter is likely to culminate. Added to that, Pluto will arrive at your Asc. March/April, and this signals one of the most radical changes that anyone can experience. It does retrograde back into your 12th House, so there will be more ‘work’ to do on yourself, but nonetheless it will very likely result in your feeling the powerful need to take control of your own life.

Your mentor has Pluto going through his 3rd House, which is relevant to his need to have power and control over his ‘student/mentee’, and it just so happens that, because of the particular energies between you, you have become the focus of this desire. I note too that transiting Uranus is drawing towards the end of his 6th House of ‘work’. Here is his Chiron (which is relevant to where we can feel much pain or where he is ‘wounded’), and the periods I mentioned above re Uranus and your Neptune, are going to emphasise this in no uncertain way. In other words, if he doesn’t realise very quickly what he is doing, his work will suffer. He might even lose his position... and his reputation too.

In his life, you are surely an undermining influence (not through any fault of your own; after all he is, or should be, the responsible one as a mentor). Your Moon in conjunction with his Venus opposite his Neptune is really all that’s needed to see the way in which this idealisation and fantasy has evolved and developed.

Your Sun in Libra can ‘be in love with...love’...needs to love and be loved, to please others. And this can mean that it’s very hard for you to say ‘No’. Your Saturn is in opposition to your Sun which can make you feel that anyone who is older, more experienced or an authority in some way, is ‘right’ and that therefore you are ‘wrong’. As it happens, his Saturn is in square to your Sun, so this strengthens his position as a mentor and as one to whom you feel inferior and therefore should follow his lead.

Inevitably this goes back to your relationship with your father who might not have given you the encouragement you needed. Perhaps he was strict, or it might have been that you were made to feel you could/should always do better. Or perhaps he wasn’t around much. Whatever the situation, the result is the same. You feel less than you are or could be. So any male older, or in authority, or who seem to have greater knowledge, take on that same relationship or quality in your mind.

The Composite chart reflects all of this. Certainly you can accomplish a great deal of work together in your field of study. And certainly too this is an incredibly exciting and electric relationship and with considerable caring and – as you have said – protectiveness. However, there is way too much power and intensity, and I think that for you, the task is to very very carefully back away as this could become very destructive. I think that if you try to break it off suddenly, he might react angrily and try to make you feel guilty or silly, or even undermine your reputation further. But I could be being unfair. Only you will know.

I think that you are about to undergo a very radical change, as I mentioned earlier here, and so I think you’ll come to your own realisations and understandings about this relationship. And you have the choice this year to make big plans for your future. It’s very much a time and situation to use and trust your intuition as well as being practical in your choices.

I am sorry that this isn’t the ‘happy ever after’ interpretation you might have hoped for, but I do hope that it helps in some way.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]