Composite charts

Note that synastry requires two charts to be set up and analysed so, before asking, please make sure that this is a serious relationship. This is a free board and our time to respond is limited.
admin
Site Admin

Composite charts

Post by admin »

For those who may not be familiar with this it is a midpoint system using the longitude of, for eg. the Sun, from both charts (or more than one chart, but for now just using 2 charts). eg. Sun in Chart 1 (rounding it out for simplicity): 14 Scorpio = 224 (that's 224 degrees from 0 Aries) + Sun in Chart 2: 20 Leo = 140 (140 degrees from 0 Aries).

224+140 = 364 Divide that by 2 (in this case as there are only 2 charts involved) = 182 or, (from 0 Aries) 2 deg. of Libra. And so on through all the planets. This doesn't proceed quite the same for the House cusps, except for the MC, the 'composite' point from which the chart is erected according to the 'place' (locality) in which the relationship exists. (The composite Asc. is used but placed within the chart produced from the MC composite points.)

These are the bare bones for setting up a composite chart. (Robert Hand's book: "Planets in Composite - Analyzing Human Relationships" pub. Para Research, is a good ref, and am sure there are more on this, so if anyone has any to recommend, please do so).

Basically, the 'Composite' chart produces a 3rd 'entity', which, in effect, has a life of its own. It describes the way in which the relationship/entity is seen by and affects others, and also is affected by others. eg. visit a friend and you relate to him/her according to the way in which your planetary energies interact. Visit that same friend with someone else there, and the dynamics change. You talk about different things; the level of conversation and interests change...etc.

Would be interested in any comments or experiences with composites.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
aKuna

Re: Composite charts

Post by aKuna »

years ago did some composites of couples I knew... They appeared to be accurate from what I as the outsider viewed their relationship to consist of as the couple.....of course I didn't go deep into them it was only a little look see but it appeared to work however there was that element of choice which appeared as a question mark My comparison was Ascendent to Asendent so house characteristics were compared.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This system was very interesting, up to a point...which I’m sure should be taken further ! (Unfortunately, I took it a tad too far, and started looking at charts set up for the ‘midpoint’ of the geographical locations of individuals. Doesn’t differ much – obviously – for those in relatively close locales – but...went across the world, and from Northern to Southern Hemispheres too...and...well, it got too much! Sigh :oops: .)

Anyway, ‘Composites’ can certainly give even more than, for example, Robert Hand’s book on this...which I think is a really good ref:
Planets in Composite: Analyzing Human Relationships. (Para Research, 1975). ISBN 978-0914918028

(There are many more if you care to seek further...just type in ‘composite charts’ in your Search Engine).

What (I think) is important, (which Robert Hand said and which I feel is very relevant to this matter) is, whether it’s 2, 3 or more people, the ‘Composite’ describes the ‘Entity’ that these people, in combination/together, are seen as, and are responded to as ‘their Whole’. In other words, the ‘Composite’ is a combined ‘entity’ of the energies of those within it; and are seen as, and reacted to as ‘that entity’, whether it’s a couple, or a ‘group’, or a ‘company’.

I haven’t pursued this further, but would be interested if someone else has!?
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
scorpio
Senior

Post by scorpio »

I agree with Admin in this. I too think composite charts are the chart of the entity known as the 'relationship'. In numerology, the 2 is the 2 individuals while the 3 is the entity which is created by the 2 = ergo, the relationship!