Quaoar

Ceres, Pallas, Juno, Vesta, Chiron and others such as new 'planetoids', Eris, Sedna etc.
PeterGlass

Quaoar

Post by PeterGlass »

hello again
my inquiry this time is a pursuit for the knowledge of this little thingy

my ASC Scorpio 09.30 is exactly the same with Asteroid Quaoar
i have found out that i belong to this category as the Indigo Children
but as you undestand i would like to write more on my book regarding this measurement

--------------------------------------as texted on https://www.lunarplanner.com/asteroids- ... uaoar.html

Quaoar (pronounced kwah-whar) was the name given to the "creation force" by the Native American Tongva tribe who were the original inhabitants of the Los Angeles basin in Southern California—several thousand years ago when the LA basin was a vast and lush willow forest. According to legend, Quaoar, "came down from heaven; and, after reducing chaos to order, laid out the world on the back of seven giants. He then created the lower animals, and then (or from them) humankind."

Quaoar was discovered by Mike Brown, a professor of planetary science at the California Institute of Technology and colleague Chad Trujillo in a digital image taken June 4, 2002, 05:41:40 UT from the Palomar Observatory 48-inch Oschin telescope in California. Quaoar was identified in the image on June 5, 2002 10:48:08 PDT (the best discovery time to use for astrological purposes).

Upon examining archival photographs, they found Quaoar in images taken as early as 1982. Quaoar's discovery was announced Monday Oct 7, 2002, at a meeting of the Division of Planetary Sciences of the American Astronomical Society in Birmingham, Alabama. The Hubble Space Telescope was then used to measure Quaoar's approximate size, which has since been refined with other techniques.
The near circular orbit of Quaoar

Quaoar is estimated to be 1,138 +24/-17 kilometers in diameter—about half the size of Pluto. Quaoar has an orbital period of 287.53 years. Pluto orbits the Sun in 248 years at an average distance of 43.6 AU (about 3.6 billion miles). Quaoar's orbit is remarkably circular compared to Pluto and the other new planets, which are highly elliptical. Quaoar's mean orbital distance is about 43.6 AU (~4 billion miles). Quaoar's orbit is tilted only slightly as well, 7.98 degrees to the ecliptic plane. This indicates Quaoar has a far more gentler and well balanced astrological influence. Quaoar's rotational period is 17.6788 hours.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Quaoar

Post by admin »

Dear PeterG,

What a great post !

As you have done here very clearly in this very comprehensive coverage, we look to the mythology of these bodies for some clue as to their ‘meaning’. (I suppose that inevitably you’ve seen this one too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinigchinix – just thought I’d add that for others who might be reading this).

Phillip Sedgwick suggests the following about the meaning of Quaoar in astrology:

“Quaoar: Native American deity of creation. The first object in space to bear a Native American name (not counting Hopi and Navajo, which refer to tribes). Orbital Period: 283.84 yr.

Positive - creative, inspiring, possibility oriented, uplifts sagging emotion, strong sense of self

Negative - doom saying, prophet of Armageddon, controls others with fear

Mundane - birds, frogs, bears, songs and dances of cultural or spiritual origin, harmony, syncopation, rhythm

Ceremonial - singing and dancing praise the Creator, use of animal totems”
philipsedgwick.com

You may also care to visit ‘Mersenne’s Transneptunians’ right here on the Forum:

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=1719
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=3712

Obviously it’s going to take time and a lot of research into the astrological significance of Quaoar and its discovery in the constellation of Ophiuchus (the ‘13th Sign’ – but let’s not add that to the mix !)

Given its conjunction with your Scorpio Asc. (which is in exact square to your Moon and exact trine to your Lilith ?) clearly there is a powerful connection between you and Quaoar. However, I'm sorry but at this point I’m not going to try to interpret this as really, with so little information and experience about it, it would be purely speculative.

Naturally, I’m very interested in your thoughts on what you feel it means to and for you as this will help to give us all another clue about Quaoar’s significance in our lives. And I’m very sure you will have piqued the interest of others in this intriguing Trans-Neptunian object.

This is so fascinating and informative, and thank you very much for posting it.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]