Sedna Consciousness, the Path of Destiny

Ceres, Pallas, Juno, Vesta, Chiron and others such as new 'planetoids', Eris, Sedna etc.
Alan Clay

Sedna Consciousness, the Path of Destiny

Post by Alan Clay »

Hi everyone

I've been working on a book on the dwarf planet, Sedna, which is the new outer limit of our solar system. I hope to have it ready by the end of the year and I'm just reaching out to find examples of some of the aspects that I'm still researching. I've just put up a site at http://www.sednaconsciousness.com and I would love to get any feedback.

On the orbital meaning page I draw the connection with Pholus, because they both have a 'space weathering' process that turns the surface of each red, so in my mind they both have to do with growth. And I draw the connection with Ceres, because they both likely have internal oceans, so they both speak of a nurturing process. And with Saturn, because their daily rate of spin is the same, so they have the same day to day practical perspective and both speak of limits. Sedna is of course the esoteric new outer limit of the solar system.

I'm proposing that Sedna is in fact the higher octave of Ceres, where the spiritual security and sense of place on Planet Earth with Ceres, is transmuted into a transpersonal nurturing of our spirituality and sense of place in the evolutionary cycle with Sedna. I also push back a little on all the victimisation interpretations of the planet and look a little at Sedna and illness.

On the discovery events page I’m including an early draft of the blockbuster discovery event, the proof that Dark Energy and Dark Matter make up 95% of our reality. That’s right, Sedna teaches us that we’ve only discovered 5% of what is actually around us... But isn't that what spiritual people have been telling us for eons?

I'm using all 18 inner planets, 3 asteroids and 4 centaurs in my analysis as well as the MC, ASC, Part of Fortune and North Node. Here’s the full list of the planets, asteroids and centaurs I am using.

Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Ceres, Juno, Pallas, Vesta, Jupiter, Saturn, Chiron, Pholus, Chariklo, Nessus, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto/Charon, Ixion, Orcus, Haumea, Makemake, Verona, Quaoar and of course Eris.

I'm basing most of my interpretation on 26 case studies, with at least two from each house, plus around 50 other charts and you can find all this info on the site. I’m still looking for examples of some aspects and I’d welcome any feedback.

If you've been working with Sedna in your chart, or you're intrigued by some aspect of the planet, please share your experience.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: Sedna Consciousness, the Path of Destiny

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Alan, it sounds like you've got quite a task ahead of you but it sure will be a very welcome book. We know so little about this dwarf planet. Please keep us informed of your research and when you publish your book make sure you drop us a line so we can let everyone here know about it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello Alan,

This surely sounds like a fascinating and incredibly comprehensive work.

I’m intrigued by the connection you make with Pholus – about which, I have to say, I know nothing (but will now of course, investigate along with many others that you mention); nor also had I thought of Sedna being the ‘higher octave’ of Ceres.... But it takes the kind of dedication and focus that you clearly have, to link all of these bodies. It boggles my mind Alan.

I do use Sedna, but very loosely, and with the over-simplified meaning of ‘abandonment’. So your words: “Interpretations which focus Sedna’s attempts to stay in the boat of reality and call her a victim, forget that she transcended to godhood through the process. Transcendence is not victimization, it only feels that way if we are desperately hanging on to the old reality” have surely made me stop and think, of course.

Oh, and your words: "If you're born before 1968 it's in Aries, otherwise Taurus": I can't believe that I hadn't stopped to note this previously. Clearly with Sedna's extreme orbital period, this must surely mark a major World shift in consciousness ! A very difficult transition though, to say the least, especially as it's going to function at such an unconscious depth ? (Do correct me if such a statement is, according to your research, incorrect).

I found your website really exciting, and am so looking forward to your book release.

By the way, have you looked at ‘Mersenne’s Transneptunians’ here on the Forum, and his post on Sedna and others 'out there' ? viewtopic.php?f=90&t=1721 He too has been working on various of those newer planetoids. (I've forwarded your post here to him as I'm sure he'll be very interested).

All the very best to you, and do please keep us updated.
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Alan Clay

Post by Alan Clay »

Thank you so much Noel for your feedback on the site and book. That's just what I need!

Yes, it is an overwhelming work, but then that's Sedna... and I'm just steadily working through it, day by day... I'm currently doing an analysis of natal aspects and am up to Haumea, which means I'm almost finished the first draft, so it's beginning to feel more manageable... It's a fascinating process and I'm learning so much!

Well, we do say there was a consciousness change in the sixties, but you're right, I don't know that anyone's related that to Sedna moving into Taurus until now... Sedna is currently almost at her closest point to the Sun in her very elliptical orbit, so she appears to move faster now, as she slingshots around the Sun and back out to the farthest reaches of her orbit, where she can spend thousands of years in a sign.

Sedna was only in Aries for about a hundred years for example, and she goes into Gemini in just a few years in 2024, having only spent 56 years in Taurus. Her Gemini transit will last only 44 years, but already we're getting the warnings about the evolutionary change that's coming with Artificial Intelligence in that period. Futurists predict AI will exponentially surpass all of humanity around 2045. Then she goes into Cancer in 2068 and in 2076 she'll be at her closest point and we'll know if Global Warming has made us an endangered species in this next evolutionary cycle.

I mention AI and Global Warming to illustrate how the effects of Sedna in the world, and in our lives, are very obvious when we look for them. Sure they come from a deep place within us and are hard to understand, but because Sedna is the new outer limit of the solar system she takes over Saturn's role of putting everything in context. And we kind of take our context for granted and so, while it shapes our world, we don't notice it.

And Sedna brings a very different, much more spiritual context in which all the Saturnian struggles are included, but are revealed to be pointless... Depending on our level of spiritual development this can be very unsettling, or very enlightening.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Alan, sounds like things are moving along with the book and your research. It's always slow work developing a concept with so few data points. I wanted to say that I like your writing style, it's smooth and easy to read, so don't change that when writing your book :)

I hope you go into depth with the Sedna mythology because there's too many versions for me to get my head around, I hope you can shed light on it for us astrologers. We need a solid grounding in myth to allow us to process and predict Sedna's impact on each chart.

I look at a chart to see key personality features and conflicts between the planets, elements, signs and Houses. The archetypal mythology is a play that I can watch as it unfolds in my mind as I go through my reading.

At this stage Sedna is such an unknown that I have stopped trying to do readings with her, she is just not in my consciousness yet, her myth hasn't resonated with me at this stage. So please continue to keep us informed of your progress.