Lilith/Black Moon

Ceres, Pallas, Juno, Vesta, Chiron and others such as new 'planetoids', Eris, Sedna etc.
admin
Site Admin

Lilith/Black Moon

Post by admin »

Have started working with this 'point' in charts recently. Does anyone have any experience with the Black Moon and how to interpret it ?
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
janeflorez

Re: Lilith/Black Moon

Post by janeflorez »

Lilith – The Dark Feminine

Firstly, I think we have to deal with the fact that in the past, powerful women or powerful goddess/archetypes were usually seen as malevolent especially as they seemed to have independence of thought and desire.

Lilith appears extensively in Jewish mythology as Adam’s first wife, made from his rib, as a vampire, a succubus and demon. She was not a wife or mother, or a nice, little virgin!. In myth, Adam was rather fed up with Lilith because she said that she was made of the same dust as he, could do the same things as he and demanded equality and recognition.

There also a fixed star called ALGOL who is also known as Lilith, from the same source. The position of that star can be used to assess the severity of a situation.

I have to some extent relate back to my chart:

Lilith is the old moon, now dark. Her energy is now imploded (like a black hole) and is probably more powerful now than before. My moon in Cancer is so peace-loving, compassionate, sweet-voiced etc. Lilith is riding out (on my ascendant like a flipping Valkyrie conjunct her mate Chiron) causing trouble, being outspoken, laughing at people’s misfortune, being intolerant, disrespecting male authority figures and generally using Moon power in the opposite way to her lovely sister! She is at best, if you can stand it, a laugh and a very useful "bullshit detector". She does not suffer fools and can be very helpful at work in certain situations. Lilith when used consciously can stop people using you or trying to con you into something.

One has to keep an eye on her in case she sabotages something on the quiet. In a man, depending on the placement, and the way the energy is used she could be a shrew, or a helpmeet. I think that if a man is in a relationship and Lilith does not approve of his partner (e.g. she sees her as not up to scratch, weak or lacking in power), all hell could break loose above or under “the table”. I would be interested to know how she reacts in certain family situations.

If you or a client are having trouble keeping or finding partners, it could be that Lilith is working away behind the scenes (especially if located in the first or seventh house) changing the energies that prospective candidates are picking up. Apart from being outspoken, she can make someone appear self-sufficient or “odd” and give the entirely the wrong impression of the hopeful party.

I’d love to hear your experience with Lilith.
Night Sky

Post by Night Sky »

Black Moonn Lillith is a calculated point, like a blind spot.

Kingsley has some good stuff on BML

"The Dark Moon describes our relationship to the absolute, to sacrifice as such, and shows how we let go. In transit, the Dark Moon indicates some form of castration or frustration, frequently in the areas of desire, a powerlessness of the psyche, or a general inhibition. On the other hand, it shows where we question ourselves, our lives, our jobs, and our beliefs. I feel this is important, since it gives us the opportunity to “let go” of something. The Dark Moon shows where we can let the Whole flow into our selves, without putting an “I” in the way, without putting up a wall in the form of ego. (Joëlle de Gravelaine in “Lilith und das Loslassen”, Astrologie Heute Nr. 23)

http://kenoath.wordpress.com/2008/04/14 ... dark-side/

But I think that Lillith should be considered in relation to the Moon, as it is calculated using the Moon.

I am not so sure on aspects to Lillith which are not close conjunctions though. This is one thing I would like a little thought on. Lillith is not an axis, nor a physical planet, just a point. Can we say with certainty that a planet square BML is coloured by the interpretations? I am not so sure.
bonita055

Post by bonita055 »

Hello,

Here is some staff about Lilith:

http://nmazca.com/coeli/lilith.htm

http://mariashaw.com/starscopes/2003-05/lilith.html

Hope, you find what Lilith means.

B.
LeeRutland

Post by LeeRutland »

Well, I have followed the Lilith argument on other forums, and have never seen anything generate so much controversy, with so little actual documentation....not to mention that there are about four Liliths to consider, and no one can make up their mind which Lilith to use,

....so I remain very sceptical about the entire issue.
Thelight07

Post by Thelight07 »

Her presence makes us question and inhibit that part of the chart, driving that aspect into the dark of almost non existence, but is boiling underneath the blanket. It's the part of us we are most misunderstood by others, where we seek liberation and no control, but others either don't see it or understand it. We feel the frustration because we just 'want to be understood' here. The sign placement is how we go about expressing this frustration, how we question ourselves, and what we try to do to have this part of us be seen.

Essentially the planets in the house can be eclipsed by her presence in the house, especially when she conjuncts them. You could have 2 well placed planets in a house but her presence can bring trouble by shadowing the house. The planet is able to still operate, but the chart holder may feel as if something is missing, and it may confuse them. If she conjuncts, it's even more prominent and can create a confusing personality from this house, almost bipolar. The planets energy expressing itself but randomly misunderstood and hidden.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Thelight07,

This is really interesting to say the least. I gave up studying Lilith some time ago, but this has piqued my interest again.

Could you expand on this further ?

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Thelight07

Post by Thelight07 »

Thanks I appreciate it! She is a bit elusive in understanding, it's just the nature of her.

The meaning behind Lilith being the dark/black moon, is actually pretty straightforward in meaning. You can't see it. So wherever she lies, it makes it hard to see. Having her conjunct a planet is the equivalent of an eclipse.

With this in mind it means for people to work with her, they must look into the house and see why they feel 'misunderstood' here. What is being unseen by others in the house. I believe the degrees she's in also deals with the strength of her darkness as well. The closer to the center of the house, the harder it is for others to see this part of you. Because she's 'eclipsing more of the house. Which drives us to often question why others can't see this aspect of us, for what it is. It even leaves us in the dark ourselves in most cases.

Another advice to deal with her is to simply let her be without questioning her. Remember in the story, she was told to marry Adam but she refused and left. She doesn't want to be told what to do and feel obligated. She's not rebellious because she hates authority. But she just doesn't like the idea of people getting the wrong impression of her, and wants to act on her own free will. So see the expression of the house she's in for what it is. Another hint, take a look at the sign, and how she expresses herself in that sign. With this in mind you should see a part of yourself you didn't realize.

Also she's very fragile and will walk away if she feels misunderstood, or tied down. She's also very critical of herself and what others think. This is the part that makes her(us) confusing. We don't care and want to be free, but let our surroundings get to us here. She wants people to understand us where she lies, and stand up for her. But wants to act like she doesn't care. She will walk away, but will complain and become frustrated with people, and herself. Complete unconditional acceptance and freedom, on her(our) own terms.
Kernowerno

Post by Kernowerno »

LeeRutland wrote:Well, I have followed the Lilith argument on other forums, and have never seen anything generate so much controversy, with so little actual documentation....not to mention that there are about four Liliths to consider, and no one can make up their mind which Lilith to use,

....so I remain very sceptical about the entire issue.
Saying that, I recently had a brief 'relationship' (from which I am still recovering) which began under a very exact double whammy conjunction involving BM Lillith and the Moon, which accidentally led to me investigating her influence and how she might have had a hand in what happened (is happening) between the two of us, with some interesting results.

The transit at meeting time: Transiting BM Lillith (at 20º Virgo) exactly conjunct her natal Moon and my natal Vesta (25’ & 33’ resp), and transiting Moon (5º Scorpio) was conjunct my natal BM Lillith (50’).

Although our traditional synastry points to some of the issues experienced between us, the intensity, diversity and sheer depth of the encounter, not to mention the emotional storm that was generated is interesting in the light of BM Lillith and her influences. Not just in our natal charts, but in the progressed and composite charts as well.

I'd like to get the views of others who may be able to shed further light on what shows up in the charts, and specifically about BM Lilliths influences in their own experiences. I'm beginning to feel convinced there's a lot more to the asteroids than they get credit for.
Attachments
Hers
Hers
hers.gif (87.02 KiB) Viewed 4568 times
Mine
Mine
Kernowerno.gif (83.5 KiB) Viewed 4568 times
I don't need to be someone. I just need to be me!
Kernowerno

Post by Kernowerno »

Composite and Meeting charts as well
Attachments
Meeting
Meeting
meeting.gif (82.52 KiB) Viewed 4568 times
Davison Composite (corrected)
Davison Composite (corrected)
davison.gif (89.12 KiB) Viewed 4568 times
I don't need to be someone. I just need to be me!