Mathematics and Patterns

All, including 'abstract' aspects. Aspect patterns when well understood can give interesting insights not only into inherent dynamics but the ways in which an individual may develop.
admin
Site Admin

Mathematics and Patterns

Post by admin »

Scientist Charles-Noel Martin, (Born Dec. 25 1923 at Saint-Ouen in France) was fascinated by patterns which is conveyed in his book "13 Steps to the Atom" in which he grades the various elements of life, ranging from the snowflake - which he places at the thirteenth step - to the 'elementary particle', at the first step. He photographed the world of this microcosm and showed the incredible geometrical order innate in this inner world. He says of these geometrical arrangements that: "[/i]...molecules do not arrange themselves in random order or directions. Remote forces come into play and the groups of molecules take up positions dictated by these forces and their own innate structure[/i] He suggests that the most graphic examples of this are in the precise and repetitive patterns that occur within gemstones: the crystals of quartz and sapphires are of triangular pattern; garnets are formed from isometric (cuboid) crystals; diamond crystals form in octahedrons, and so on. (Apologies: I can't add images as I was only able to view this book at the Mitchell Library in Sydney some years ago. Would love it if someone could find these images.)
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]