Grand cross?

All, including 'abstract' aspects. Aspect patterns when well understood can give interesting insights not only into inherent dynamics but the ways in which an individual may develop.
PokeNBeans

Grand cross?

Post by PokeNBeans »

Would somebody like to tell me what this "grand cross" is? My friend never went into detail about it. Something about all fixed signs, I think. I have my chart as attachments.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (126.04 KiB) Viewed 3517 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (128.62 KiB) Viewed 3517 times
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: Grand cross?

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Sorry to take so long to find this post, if you look at the pattern you will see that it isn't a Grand Cross at all. Firstly it involves two House Cusps, the Ascendant and the Midheaven. Most astrologers don't use cusps in a Pattern due to the difficulty of having an accurate birth time. Secondly, a House cusp won't trigger activity in the pattern.

Secondly, the Squares don't line up as a proper square, the points are out of aspect and don't form a square. Yes, there are two oppositions, but that isn't the pattern, the actual pattern has the squares all meeting to form a solid square.
Poupoupidou2

Re: Grand cross?

Post by Poupoupidou2 »

PokeNBeans wrote:Would somebody like to tell me what this "grand cross" is?
A grand cross happens when 4 planets create a square ABCD. The planets A and C are in opposition. The planets B and D too. The planet A is in square with both B and D. The planet C is also in square with B and D. When it is a transit, it is a like big storm (or earthquake). Oppositions mean the energies are out of balance. Squares mean the energies are amplified and out of control. A grand cross is a very strong (and often irresistible) pressure to solve everything that needs to be fixed.

In a birth chart, these are typically indicative of a strong presence or personality IMHO. In your case, there is something dramatic about your destiny and total transformation, and this is at odds with healing and reality.