Quincunxes (Inconjuncts)

All, including 'abstract' aspects. Aspect patterns when well understood can give interesting insights not only into inherent dynamics but the ways in which an individual may develop.
janeflorez

Re: Quincunxes (Inconjuncts)

Post by janeflorez »

Hi Big Raven

Thanks for that! Speaking for own process mirrored in my chart, that having been through a Pluto transit across my Sun, M/C, Saturn and other personal planets (which finished about 10 years ago) I think this series of inconjuncts was probably necessary for me to progress onwards (I am not in my dotage yet!) because it offered in a condensed way, another profound transformation which otherwise may not have been available to me.

Of late, I have begun to see the series of inconjuncts that I have been through, as very like a series of locks in a canal. Each lock entails a process of opening the gate, letting the water fill up within the space between the gates, and then once full of water, the next lock gate opens etc. Locks are used to enable canal boats to go uphill. I am now pretty sure that, without going into the detail of my life, all of these inconjuncts have been in service of my life - and in a very PRACTICAL way because by forcing me into some very uncomfortable places, I have been forced into trying to move and be creative with nothing within a very, very tight place!

NOW - I think I could in some way, help a client or a friend to deal with them by explaining the above.

Feedback always appreciated!

Jane

P.S. I trained in Jungian and Pyschosynthesis by the way, although I eventually chose not to be a therapist!
BIGRAVEN13
Senior

Post by BIGRAVEN13 »

Yes, Janeflorez, I agree about uncomfortable places that one needs to go, if one wants to continue to grow in maturity. With Venus involved in my Pluto/Nodes squares by quincunx I have has a lot to look at in the way of what would profoundly deepen my marriage relationship. Pluto being in "8" of course meant hidden dynamics and with SN in Virgo/"5" a lot to do with my sense of self as grounded in old patterns that needed to be broken.
"Free will is the ability to do gladly that which one must do" C G Jung
Night Sky

Post by Night Sky »

scorpio wrote:
I have (natally) something like 8 of these aspects in my natal chart. Because of this, I have learnt not to beleive in anything! The moment you do the inconjuncts will come up and give you something out of the ordinary that will destroy all previous beliefs you had! So now, I don't believe anything - it has to be proved to me again and again and even then I keeep a small reserve of doubt.

Perhaps this is the nature of the inconjunct. To show us that the beliefs we have are just that. beleifs, not facts. And so I believe that 'expect the unexpected' is a good simple, interpretation of this aspect.

How did it work in your chart? Would be interested to know how the aspects panned out for you!

Love
Scorpio
Hi Scorpio, I liked what you wrote about the 150 degree aspect. I have Ascendant sextile Sun both in a yod with Moon. So that means that the three major points in my natal chart are involved in a these quincunx aspects.
gemini59

Post by gemini59 »

As I read through this discussion it raised my alarm bells. I have been going through some quite odd events and maybe this is part of the connection.
I see that the current stellium of Jupiter, Neptune, and chiron are in inconjunct to natal moon in virgo in the 6th. I was trying to get a handle on how this might translate...Neptune...dissolve, dreams, unconscious +Jupiter expansion, luck, optimism + chiron, wound trying to adjust to moon in Virgo=emotions + order, neatness, anxiety. This sort of sounds like the Felix and Unger "Odd Couple" scenerio :roll:
How much wiggle room should I give this aspect? My books say 2 to 3 degrees but how long is it actually felt? Moon is at Virgo 22'58" and I see neptune is now at 26 degrees and counting. Of course we get to go retrograde. :|
I have heard the story of inconjuncts but these discriptions hit home for me much better. My lunar charts for the last few months have had all sorts of yods and boomerangs....thanks
Cassandra
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear Gemini59...how 'Gemini' of you to cover SO much ground and take into account so many factors! And Sun Gemini and Moon in Virgo is going to worry worry worry. (And here's a Scorp. quincunx a Gemini attempting this! And there's a good quincunx example: Scorp wants to dig deeper, whilst Gemini wants to move like the proverbial wind!)

I would venture to say that Chiron is too far away from your Moon to be considered inconjunct, even tho' it is by sign and just 5 degrees away. (I would allow up to 5 degs for an inconjunction between some planets with Moon and Sun, especially the ruling planet of the chart, but I don't think Chiron would be included ...but, I could be wrong!) This is of course a personal choice, and the fact that Neptune has pulled both of these into an 'orb' by its transit, does suggest at least a connection within that quincunx. Neptune does retrograde back to within one degree past your Moon (stationary/direct in early November), but I think it's work is mainly 'done' with regard to your Moon.

I think what this Jupiter/Neptune/Chiron - Moon is indicating is that this whole experience of your partner's illness and coupled with your daughter's issues, has/is and will increase your understanding of pain on...sigh... another level. (Sorry...I know how that sounds and will try to narow it down, tho' of course any attempt at 'narrowing' Neptune is inevitably fraught.)

You know already how to 'look after' others at a physical level (Moon in Virgo in 6th), but this current and particular sequence of experiences has opened up new depths of feeling, tho' related to...old wounds - Chiron (about which you may be unaware but are now discovering...without even actually knowing perhaps, just yet, what they are) - with the result that there is a sense of, perhaps literally, feeling like you're being overwhelmed, even, drowning. The 2 'water' planets in your chart are Neptune in Scorpio in 7th (semisquare your Moon in Virgo); and Mercury in Cancer in 4th, which understands, is sensitive, and able to 'counsel' others in need as there is a capacity to visualise their troubles and sympathise completely. But then, when it comes to personal relationships/family, this capacity is magnified, so that you are likely to expect the 'worst. And then of course, Gemini imagines and tries to cover EVERY possibility. And I also note that currently, T. Jupiter is in sq. to your natal Jupiter at this time...so everything is being made much larger/blown up out of proportion. Perfectly understandable of course. (And I also note that natally, your Sun is inconjunct your natal Jupiter in Scorpio!!! ).

So, this Neptune in Aquarius quincunx to your Moon in Virgo, which has as I mentioned, passed - tho' perhaps not as yet entirely personally understood - has increased your sense of the need to find ways in which you can work to answer all of these health and psychological issues that have come up. Neptune - and Aquarius - tunes into the needs of 'everyone' and feels the need to respond somehow; while Moon and Virgo also gives to others selflessly, but looks at it from a need for personal and specific answers. Apparently 'conflicting', and yes, in the sense that you can indeed give too much of yourself, to just about everyone, and also to your personal search, and overextend yourself in the effort to answer to and combine both. (Which you obviously have been doing for some time).

Does that make any sense; answer in any way? Please tell me if not, or if you'd like something taken further. (Thinks: Never ask a Gemini THAT one! :roll: ).
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
gemini59

Post by gemini59 »

Hmmm...you have certainly identified quite a bit really. I have felt like I was drowning and your identification of the two water planets kind of sums it up.
What I don't understand is this constant feeling of 'what should I do about this' ,'how do I fix this' and 'where did I go wrong'.
I feel like I actually did drown after a meeting with a psychiatrist and my daughter and he accused me of having an 'out of control youth'. AT that point, I did feel like everything was out of my control, that my love life, my children, were all slipping away from me and there was nothing I could do about it and I have been in a mirage of denial that things were out of control and I was being decieved. I hope that makes sense.
But then, when it comes to personal relationships/family, this capacity is magnified, so that you are likely to expect the 'worst. And then of course, Gemini imagines and tries to cover EVERY possibility. And I also note that currently, T. Jupiter is in sq. to your natal Jupiter at this time...so everything is being made much larger/blown up out of proportion. Perfectly understandable of course. (And I also note that natally, your Sun is inconjunct your natal Jupiter in Scorpio!!! ).
Bingo!
Now this group trines the sun and of course this is a horse of a different color but would that indeed put 'rose colored glasses on.
And also thank you so much for your response. You saved a drowning woman :roll:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Glad to be able to offer some (albeit, little) assistance!
I would add a couple of things here:
What I don't understand is this constant feeling of 'what should I do about this' ,'how do I fix this' and 'where did I go wrong'.
These feelings are a part of all of this Neptunian matter - which is anything but clear, and emphasised of course, by the Gemini need to find answers, along with the Aries Rising. I'm thinking that this may START to shift after Saturn, currently retrograde in your 6th, turns direct, on 17th/18th May.

(Meanwhile, I'm a bit surprised at the comment made by your psychiatrist. A bit insensitive I thought. But then, I'm not a psychiatrist and also I don't know the 'whole' of it, so that's just a superficial observation on my part.)
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
gemini59

Post by gemini59 »

Well, as to the psychiatrist comment it was a bit of a wake up call. My lunar for the month all this happened had venus retrograde, mars and Uranus together in the 10th house opposite my moon and saturn in 4th....wouldn't you know :|
I knew something was going to happen as venus, mars and uranus together is a configuration of my natal chart.
I am in hopes you are correct about the saturn thing. Saturn has been sitting on top of progressed Venus at 14'59 Virgo.
Again, thank you so much....much to think about. IT is in little ways we help and sometimes it is just the right words that help make connections in another s mind.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Gemini59, I just came across a site that I felt has some interesting thoughts and insights on this current Chiron conj. Neptune transit. Have posted it in the 'Transits' forum.
LeeRutland

Post by LeeRutland »

Well, I won't try to elaborate any more than has already been done, but I can offer a validation that the Quincux DOES operate.

Recently, I had to undergo surgery, as transiting Mars crossed over my natal Saturn, which opposes natal Mars. No big deal, a hernia operation. All was well.

Sometime later, I had to undergo surgery again, quite out of the blue. I could find nothing, until I noticed that transiting Pluto [which is conjunct my natal Saturn) was exactly Quincux my natal Saturn. Same type of surgery and all.

So.....it does operate...... :shock: