Quincunxes (Inconjuncts)

All, including 'abstract' aspects. Aspect patterns when well understood can give interesting insights not only into inherent dynamics but the ways in which an individual may develop.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Quincunxes (Inconjuncts)

Post by admin »

"Well, I won't try to elaborate any more than has already been done, but I can offer a validation that the Quincux DOES operate.

Recently, I had to undergo surgery, as transiting Mars crossed over my natal Saturn, which opposes natal Mars. No big deal, a hernia operation. All was well.

Sometime later, I had to undergo surgery again, quite out of the blue. I could find nothing, until I noticed that transiting Pluto [which is conjunct my natal Saturn) was exactly Quincux my natal Saturn. Same type of surgery and all.

So.....it does operate......"
Thanks for that Lee.
I'm sure I wouldn't have picked this up in a chart! But,sigh... those Quincunxes sure do come in/'operate' in a 'sideways'/'left field' way! :roll:
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Poupoupidou2

Post by Poupoupidou2 »

janeflorez wrote: I would be interested to hear other people's experiences of dealing with quincunx (inconjunct) aspects. From my recent point of view, they are pretty ferocious and go very deep. Feedback and comments would be appreciated.
IMHO, quincunxes are indications that there is absolutely not connexion between the energies of the involved item. It is like they are completely disconnected. One does not help or hurt the other. I don't think they are ferocious.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Poupoupidou2

Re quincunxes: I think that a helpful way to understand them is to consider the natural quincunx Signs. I won't go through them all here, but just for example...Gemini is quincunx Scorpio. Gemini (mutable air) 'skims'; Scorpio (fixed water) 'digs deep'. Gemini is also quincunx Capricorn (mutable air and cardinal earth). They're 'out of synch' so they have to keep 'adjusting' to the energies of each other. And of course, the same with all the other Sign quincunxes.

So, taking that a bit further, any planets that are inconjunct with each other require a constant need for adjustment between their energies. The planet that is most strongly placed, as in if, for example, it is in the Sign it 'rules' (and according to how much it is 'helped' by strong positive aspects to other planets), will tend to be dominant within the quincunx, This suggests that this constant need to adjust between the two (or more) energies, can be unsettling, stressful, and tiring, to the point that it can affect one's health.

These are also, of course, affected by transits. A conjunction by a planet to one of them (especially from an 'outer' planet) is going to emphasise that 'energy' very strongly, so, the other planet in quincunx, is constantly struggling to express itself. (A few writers have even suggested that it's almost like an opposition because of the constant struggle).

This is of course, purely the result of my own investigations into this matter. Always open and ready to listen to the ideas of others, not least of all because everything in our world is changing so fast now, especially in astrological realms.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]