Retrograding planets

For Beginners to Advanced Students or other Members.

Moderators: Pem, Hamid

ratech

Retrograding planets

Post by ratech »

• I want to know about 'Retrograding planets'.
      Are they giving the opposite results?
        For an example a debilitated Jupiter in 11th house, will it be exalted if it is retrograding?
          Does these planets occupy 2 houses? I have heard such a thing saying that they occupy their current house as well as the previous house.
            Are they more powerful than the other direct planets?
          Crookshankstar

Re: Retrograding planets

Post by Crookshankstar »

I’m not an astrologer and learned people here can shed some light.

But just relating my experience. I think it depends on the degree as well. I have Jupiter at 19 degrees in cancer in 4th house which is retro (also conj ketu). It has been giving me both positive and negative results.. but its powerful I think.. I feel the planet dominates my life (also I have 4 planets including moon in 9th house owned by Jupiter)
          Hamid

Post by Hamid »

WHEN PLANETS ARE RETROGRADE THEY ARE NEAR THE EARTH AND THEREFORE INFLUNENCE IS INCREASED IT CAN BE GOOD OR BAD DEPENDING UPON THE NATIVE HOROSCOPE.
          Hamid
          Interest in Timing Events
          cchanana

Post by cchanana »

I have 3 planets retrograde (Saturn, Jupiter, Mercury-Lagan Lord) in my horoscope. All of them in exaltation or good dignity.
          As per my experience exaltation remains exaltation even if it is retrograde. They give their results with a slight difference.

I have come to understand a normal exalted planets like a smooth road in the positive direction. Retrogradation is like multiple speedbreakers on the same road. So for exalted retrograde planet it is like road in the right direction but with a lot of speed breakers.
          PS: Some of my major achievements was when my retrograde planet mahadasha and antardasha were active. The negative side of retrogradation which I have observed in my case are the lack of clarity of thought, confused mindset, hurdles in daily routine and also unawareness of potential of my own abilities. Also it makes one think and introspect a lot more than most people.

PS: I have read that people with 3 retrogradation become better after age of 40. I am keeping my fingers crossed on that one :p
          ratech

Post by ratech »

Thanks all!!