Motivation to learn Astrology

For Beginners to Advanced Students or other Members.

Moderators: Pem, Hamid

ratech

Motivation to learn Astrology

Post by ratech »

Hi all,
I am new to this forum. I am interested in learning astrology and I have already gathered some knowledge during the past 10 years.
My interest towards it started when I first met a Nadi Astrologer around 10 years back, who told some amazing details about me (past and future). It amazed me and since then I read about Astrology. I know I am just a beginner and have a little knowledge of it. But the thing is I have met many astrologers during my lifetime and none of them have predicted or described about myself (or anything else) except for that Nadi Astrolger which I mentioned earlier with a great level of accuracy. This highly demotivates me from learning or investing any time to learn about it. Also I have read lots of skeptics theories like 'Barnum Effect' and etc which says Astrology is not a valid methodology.
I, myself have analyzed few horoscopes (of close relatives and friends) and still I can't figure anything accurately. This can be mainly because of my lack of knowledge. But why other experts fail to do so?

So, what I am asking here is that to help me with some proofs. It will help the entire world as well.
If I give 3 birth-times of 3 guys, and ask about few questions (around 30 questions) like, who is the doctor out of these 3, who is having 'Vision Problems' out of these 3, who is the female out of these 3, can someone in this forum predicts/answer these questions with more than 70% accuracy. Please note that this is not to harm anyone's beliefs. This is just for me to get some proofs whether astrology work :)

/Ratech
Dr Neeraj

Re: Motivation to learn Astrology

Post by Dr Neeraj »

Dear ratech

Welcome to the Astrologers Forum!

You have started with a very valid and common question.
I always advise all my knowns that whenever one approaches an astrologer, never ask for the future rather ask for the past. If an Astrologer can't tell about your past, there is no point asking future from that person.

But at the same time, I must remind you that there is a difference between Astrologer and Astrology. We have seen many times that even a highly qualified doctor makes a wrong diagnose, but we never doubt medical science. But whenever an astrologer is not able to give the correct prediction, we start doubting astrology :o

In my opinion, Astrology is not like physical science. Here, we believe that we get the results of our own karma from various lifetimes. So, this is not like Mathematics where 2 and 2 become 4. Here we have to assimilate the results of planet positions, the strength of planets, ongoing dasha, transits. The entire strength of this science depends on the accuracy of the birth details. If the birth time is correct, then an astrologer may tell how was or how will be the time of native in given dasha.

We've seen in this forum that many learned members have given the correct predictions. But you are correct in your assertion of believing from your own experiences. But to be fair, I recommend you to share the birth details of a person along with some life events so that we can ascertain the accuracy of birth time. Then we should be able to answer your other questions.

BTW, though there are combinations given in classics to tell from the chart whether the native is boy or girl, dead or alive but I've never seen anyone using these combinations with great accuracy.

God bless you
Neeraj
ratech

Post by ratech »

Thanks Dr. Neeraj for the explanation :)

So here I will give birth details of 2 people.
Person A: 1983.03.31 10.56AM Kandy, Sri Lanka
Person B: 1984.06.16 20.56PM Kandy, Sri Lanka

So I will give their life events mixed up. One person's father died when that person is around 15 years old. The other persons father died around when that person is 35 years old. Both of them have done degrees. One person has done an MSc as well. One person is having a vision-problem (eye sight issue which is not that serious yet). One of the 2 have traveled out of the country several times (the other person has traveled out of the country only ones), and that person, first traveled out of the country when that person was around 29 years old. One person had the opportunity to live in a foreign country but refused and gave up that idea later. One person bought his first car around 27 years old. One person started building a home around 32/33 years old. One person changed his/her employment around 31 years old. One person was a premature baby when born. One person is having a Iron deficiency.

So can someone answer the following questions :)
1.) What are their genders?
2.) What are their relationship with each other? are they siblings? married couple? friends?
3.) Who is having the vision problem?
4.) Are they married? If married how many kids does each of them have?
5.) Who's father got passed away earlier?
6.) What are their professions?
7.) Who is building a house at the moment? None?
8.) Who is having diabetes or any other illnesses?
9.) Who had better education than the other?
10.) Who is the vegetarian here?
11.) How many sibling each of them have if they are not siblings?
12.) Who has a bigger family/relative network than the other?
13.) Who can swim out of these two? None?
14.) Who owns a car? None?
15.) Who is the person who had done more charity work between 2010 to 2017 than the other?
16.) Who is taller than 6 feet? None?
17.) Who is shorter than 4 feet? None?
18.) Who is the doctor here? None?
19.) Who has married twice?
20.) Who is the person alive here? both? none?
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

Why should astrologers subject themselves to be examined.
It is recommended that you learn it and judge for yourself and then become an ambassador like me to confirm that it is marvelous and TRUE.
I started my journey in 1984 with the same question.
Hamid
Interest in Timing Events
ratech

Post by ratech »

Yeah, it might be a wrong thing to do as you said. But the thing is I just need a proof to convince myself whether it is truly working.
If you read my first post I have mentioned that I have learnt some of the concepts and still can't figure out anything serious. And I don't have much time to learn an enormous subject within a short period of time. So it is better to have a proof before learning and investing time for it :)

I hope you can understand me. What I am asking for is JUST A HELP :)

Another point is I have read and learnt the samething in different ways. For an example, in one book it says the significator of father is Sun (other than the 9th house and the 10th house and their lords). In some books/sources it says Guru/Jupiter is the significator of Father. While few sources say Saturn is the Significator for father for night borns.

Again, what I am asking for is JUST A HELP :)
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

Your questions regarding Sun/Jupiter/9th house/or 10th house are toooo elementary they will gradually get cleared as you go on learning.
My advice is just get hold of any one system and learn do not mix up different systems.....KP/NADI/Gemini or any other in which you develop interest.
[Vedic Astrology needs a whole life to learn it .....and at the end when you die you are still learning it....how much you learn and acquire skill to predict depends upon your hard work/dedication and your ability to interpret ]
Hamid
Interest in Timing Events
ratech

Post by ratech »

OK thanks :)
sangeet

Post by sangeet »

ratech wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:03 pm Thanks Dr. Neeraj for the explanation :)

So here I will give birth details of 2 people.
Person A: 1983.03.31 10.56AM Kandy, Sri Lanka
Person B: 1984.06.16 20.56PM Kandy, Sri Lanka

So I will give their life events mixed up. One person's father died when that person is around 15 years old. The other persons father died around when that person is 35 years old. Both of them have done degrees. One person has done an MSc as well. One person is having a vision-problem (eye sight issue which is not that serious yet). One of the 2 have traveled out of the country several times (the other person has traveled out of the country only ones), and that person, first traveled out of the country when that person was around 29 years old. One person had the opportunity to live in a foreign country but refused and gave up that idea later. One person bought his first car around 27 years old. One person started building a home around 32/33 years old. One person changed his/her employment around 31 years old. One person was a premature baby when born. One person is having a Iron deficiency.

So can someone answer the following questions :)
1.) What are their genders?
2.) What are their relationship with each other? are they siblings? married couple? friends?
3.) Who is having the vision problem?
4.) Are they married? If married how many kids does each of them have?
5.) Who's father got passed away earlier?
6.) What are their professions?
7.) Who is building a house at the moment? None?
8.) Who is having diabetes or any other illnesses?
9.) Who had better education than the other?
10.) Who is the vegetarian here?
11.) How many sibling each of them have if they are not siblings?
12.) Who has a bigger family/relative network than the other?
13.) Who can swim out of these two? None?
14.) Who owns a car? None?
15.) Who is the person who had done more charity work between 2010 to 2017 than the other?
16.) Who is taller than 6 feet? None?
17.) Who is shorter than 4 feet? None?
18.) Who is the doctor here? None?
19.) Who has married twice?
20.) Who is the person alive here? both? none?
Let us learn. No problem.

First, for person A, is the birth time correct? Lagna changes in one minute. If the birth time is correct, then I would proceed. The only request: you know the answers, so you should submit your answers to a neutral person before I start, so that fairness is maintained.
ratech

Post by ratech »

For A birth time "1983.03.31 10.56AM Kandy, Sri Lanka" is said to be correct. But for "1983.03.31 10.55AM Kandy, Sri Lanka" the (one minute earlier) the chart changes. But still the local astrologers says the chart comes at 10.56 is correct because for 10.55 there is a mismatch with certain things (probably the gender and etc). In the original Horoscope the birth time is recorded as 10.55am. But Nadi centers and other experts took it as 10.56am.

So who will be the intermediate person? Shall I add the answers to a google sheet and later reveal it? In the Google sheet's history if I change it later anyone can see it.
If you have any other suggestion let me know.

Anyway I don't won't to cheat here :D (I am hear to find some proof only) So if you have any doubt about me, we can do it directly via emailing. So no other can see your answers or any results etc.

All the questions can have 'None/both' as the answer as well.
"""19.) Who has married twice?""" ""Answer can be None/both""

Also I feel the below question is bit rude now (anyway I can't change it now). It should be changed as "who had better opportunities in education and higher education?"
"""9.) Who had better education than the other?"""