Mars in 8th house

For Beginners to Advanced Students or other Members.

Moderators: Pem, Hamid

Chetan

Mars in 8th house

Post by Chetan »

Dear experts,
I came across a chart which is Virgo Ascendant with Mars in Aries(own sign). From marriage perspective Mars in the 8th house is always considered a bit of a problem. Would the person be still considered manglik? I am wondering if this chart too Mars in 8th will be considered a problem as its 8th Lord in 8th house? One way to look at it would be for Virgo Asc (Mercury as lord) Mars is an enemy. Comments and personal experience in this regard would be highly appreciated.
Buddy

Re: Mars in 8th house

Post by Buddy »

Hi,

For Virgo Ascendant (Udaya Lagna in Kanya Rashi), Mars/Kuja rules the 3rd & 8th houses and happens to be a top class malefic. Further, Mars/Kuja being placed in his Swasthana and Moola-Trikona of Aries (Mesha Rashi) makes him quite powerful. In my personal opinion, his placement in the 8th and aspecting the 2nd house of family expansion is not a good sign.

Ideally thought it would not make much sense for one to view these in isolation... without checking mitigating factors.

Take care...
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

From marriage point of view Mars placement in the 8th house will not give marriage in its Mahadasa and antardasa.
Hamid
Interest in Timing Events
Chetan

Post by Chetan »

Thanks Hamid for the reply.

Buddy I was wondering if Mars in placed in Aries sign Mars would be aspecting Cancer sign (Moon be a natural friend) Mars is less likely to cause ill effects for the cancer sign (11th house for Virgo Asc). The 8th aspect of Mars in Aries would be on Scorpio which happens to be Mars own sign and 3rd house for the Virgo Asc, since Mars is aspecting the 11th house and the 3rd house it could indicate the native might have arrgessive/dynamic yonger sibling(3rd house) or aggresive/dynamic elder sibling (11th house). Apart from that the Mars would be aspectin the 2nd house(7th aspect) which may not be very negative. I don't know if my explanation is correct..... hence opinion and coriticism are welcomed..... :)

regards
Chetan
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

We take karak for marriage as the 2nd house.
Planets aspecting the 2nd house will not give marriage in their antardasa.
However this will not apply where mars is lord of 12th or 4th house.
THIS IS LAW IN KAS System.[for timing events]
Hamid
Interest in Timing Events