Doubt Regarding Guru Chandal Yoga

For Beginners to Advanced Students or other Members.

Moderators: Pem, Hamid

CyclicOverture

Doubt Regarding Guru Chandal Yoga

Post by CyclicOverture »

Hello. (I am not asking for a reading I have some doubts to be cleared up, I would be grateful if someone could answer my questions)

Guru Chandal yoga has been described to be a generally bad yoga which taints the pure Guru through the influence of Rahu. However:

1) Some astrologers consider it to be good for giving success, wealth and power. Why so?

2) Is it more desirable to have Rahu in the lower degrees or Guru in the lower degrees? Why?

3) Will Guru lose his powers completely? Which degrees would be considered a close conjunction?

4) Rahu has been described to be a "Chaaya Graha". Will Rahu behave like Jupiter?

5) If the Guru or Rahu's degrees coincide with ascendant degrees will they be stronger?

I realize these are a lot of questions, but I am genuinely having trouble understanding this conjunction.
vediclearner

Re: Doubt Regarding Guru Chandal Yoga

Post by vediclearner »

1) Some astrologers consider it to be good for giving success, wealth and power. Why so?

My understanding is as follows: Rahu enhances the properties of the planet it is with, but in a warped manner. Guru often has powers of wealth and luck. These qualities are enhanced by Rahu, however Rahu also warps them so that the native often gains wealth, but does not manage it well, and always wants more.

3) Will Guru lose his powers completely? Which degrees would be considered a close conjunction? In my humble opinion no Guru does not lose his powers. I think astrologers say this because they equate Guru's main power as being Morality. Since Rahu warps the morality when it is conjunct Guru, some might say that Guru loses it's main power. But in my mind at least, the warping of something is not the same as the losing of it. I also don't equate Guru's highest self to it's "power".

4) Rahu has been described to be a "Chaaya Graha". Will Rahu behave like Jupiter? Rahu will behave like a warped version of Jupiter. Jupiter is loyal and faithful, Rahu will question Guru's loyalty and faithfulness. Jupiter is wealth and luck giving. Rahu will not see the wealth and luck given by Guru for what it is. (But Guru will still give wealth). Jupiter's attributes are there, but Rahu warps the perspective of them.

I've only answered the things I've come to see among those I know with Rahu/Jupiter conjunction. Some astrologers will claim that in today's world this conjunction is good because it is good to question the things that society teaches, but imo these astrologers do not have a good understanding. This conjunction is not good. Yes- not accepting things blindly is good, but this conjunction doesn't stop the native from blind acceptance. It stops the native from accepting anything he/she DOES NOT WANT TO ACCEPT and they will instead accept the things they want to accept for their own personal greed and lusts. This is still blindness of acceptance. Just of a different nature.
CyclicOverture

Post by CyclicOverture »

I see. Thanks a lot for your answers to my questions, they really helpede understand the conjunction better!(Thank you especially for taking your time to go through so many of my questions!)
Pem

Post by Pem »

Well explained Vediclearner;
you are really putting into practice all what you ve assimilated
re the behaviour of the planets and at the same time helping fellow-learners.
Also, keep in mind that Rahu and planets behave differently in the signs
they are said to be Uchcha, Swashektra and Neecha or unfavourable.
PEM
Charity Vedic Astrologer
http://www.astrologersforum.com/forum/v ... =66&t=2870
**AS ABOVE - SO BELOW**
lntsrikanth

Post by lntsrikanth »

CyclicOverture wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:37 pm Hello. (I am not asking for a reading I have some doubts to be cleared up, I would be grateful if someone could answer my questions)

Guru Chandal yoga has been described to be a generally bad yoga which taints the pure Guru through the influence of Rahu. However:

2) Is it more desirable to have Rahu in the lower degrees or Guru in the lower degrees? Why?

3) Will Guru lose his powers completely? Which degrees would be considered a close conjunction?

4) Rahu has been described to be a "Chaaya Graha". Will Rahu behave like Jupiter?

5) If the Guru or Rahu's degrees coincide with ascendant degrees will they be stronger?

I realize these are a lot of questions, but I am genuinely having trouble understanding this conjunction.
Hi,
I will try and answer your other questions, which are not answered:
2) Is it more desirable to have Rahu in the lower degrees or Guru in the lower degrees? Why?:
This depends a lot on what are the ownership of Rahu and Guru. If the lagna is of Venus/Saturn/Mercury, Rahu being ahead is generally beneficial. You may need to see other things as well depending on the chart and planets.

5) If the Guru or Rahu's degrees coincide with ascendant degrees will they be stronger?:
Yes, again depends on Lagna. For example if Gemini is the lagna, Rahu becomes the ninth lord and Jupiter 7th&10th lord. If Rahu and Jupiter are on the same degree and ascendant as well on the same degree, the cusps of 1st and these planets will be exactly the same. Meaning the yoga is clearly pronounced. Again the phalita depends on lot of factors.

In general, as other learned astrologers have commented, Guru-Rahu combination is considered as inauspicious for spiritual progress of the native. However, material success is sometimes achieved depending on ownership of Rahu and Guru.
CyclicOverture

Post by CyclicOverture »

Thank you for your response, sir.

I have no doubts except this:
Rahu and Ketu travel backwards, in other words are always retrograde.

I have seen many astrologers on the internet say that when Rahu is ahead of Jupiter and Travelling towards Jupiter and Jupiter Travelling towards Rahu, Jupiter's affliction becomes highest.

Similarly, equally many astrologers say its the opposite, Rahu crossing Guru is worse.

This has caused a bit of confusion for me. Which one will be correct?
lntsrikanth

Post by lntsrikanth »

CyclicOverture wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:55 pm Thank you for your response, sir.

I have no doubts except this:
Rahu and Ketu travel backwards, in other words are always retrograde.

I have seen many astrologers on the internet say that when Rahu is ahead of Jupiter and Travelling towards Jupiter and Jupiter Travelling towards Rahu, Jupiter's affliction becomes highest.

Similarly, equally many astrologers say its the opposite, Rahu crossing Guru is worse.

This has caused a bit of confusion for me. Which one will be correct?
Good point. However, keep Rahu aside and think from Jupiter's angle.
If Jupiter is ahead it is better for certain things and If Jupiter is behind, it is better for certain things.