Understanding Aṣṭakavarga

For Beginners to Advanced Students or other Members.

Moderators: Pem, TarunKant, deepastro

Vivek Sanju

Re: Understanding Aṣṭakavarga

Post by Vivek Sanju » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:37 am

नमश्शिवाय|/Namaśśivāya। 🙏🏻 dear Vēdaṃ gāru
Thanks Vēdaṃ gāru for answering.
vedam33 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:35 am
The distribution of bindus with respect to each planet located in the chart is fixed
On what basis these Bindhu & Rēkha/points that a Graha acquire?, relative positions of Graha's to each other, okay but how?... I mean the logic... This is what the actual doubt that I've, but was just elaborating in clear, previously.
Thanks
वागर्थाविव संपृक्तौ वागर्थप्रतिपत्तये।
जगतः पितरौ वन्दे पार्वतीपरमेश्वरौ॥ 🙏🏻
By महा कवि कालिदास in रघुवंशम्

श्रुति स्मृति पुराणाणां आलयं करुणालयं |
नमामि भगवत्पादम् शङ्करं लोकशङ्करं ||🙏🏻

vedam33

Post by vedam33 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:26 pm

Sage parashara and Varahamihira has given that planets will distribute bindus /Rekha and based on that we casted and analysed, why only at certain places jup or any planet will give bindus is not mentioned .
In the same analogy Can you tell why Nakshatras were counted starting from Revathi why not from Ashwini or Bharani.

Vivek Sanju

Post by Vivek Sanju » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:33 pm

vedam33 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:26 pm
Can you tell why Nakshatras were counted starting from Revathi why not from Ashwini or Bharani.
Everything has got a logic, Vaidika chants starts from Kṛttika not from Apabharaṇi or Aśvini. There's an explanation for it. I've been searching reasons for many!... So, one day I'll also find the reason for this as well! :)

vedam33

Post by vedam33 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:48 pm

Yes I accept for example mother no where it was told to take 4th house actually 4th house is known as sukhasthana ( means happiness) for every house 2nd from it is known as improving house or sukh , so 3rd from 2nd is sukhasthana for mother I.e happiness for mother , so people while translation took 4th house as mother . Actually in Sanskrit to translate is very difficult and people interpreted in different way , due to that entire meaning got changed . Another example is a planet going into sixth house is bad is what it was mentioned, but certain people interpreted and took that 6th house from any where , and all followed that .actualy 6th house from lagna is bad and if the same planet is in 6th from its own house it increases means growth.
Actually our sages have given verses in texts very logically, but interpretations of the slokas was taken in different way and entire meanings got changed
Even in jamini astrology , some scholars interpret slokas in different way and which one has to be taken is of difficult task , the problem now a days is we don’t know the true or correct language of Sanskrit and the genuiness of verses is also doubtful

vedam33

Post by vedam33 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:24 pm

Actually without logic there is no astrology, and not only astrology in every issue there should be logic

Vivek Sanju

Post by Vivek Sanju » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:47 am

vedam33 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:48 pm
Even in jamini astrology , some scholars interpret slokas in different way and which one has to be taken is of difficult task , the problem now a days is we don’t know the true or correct language of Sanskrit and the genuiness of verses is also doubtful
The advantage with me is, I read things in Saṃskṛtaṃ. I don't give much preference to the translations!... That's why I understand things profoundly & as I'm a learner & if I don't know certain words, I'll ask my Guruvu gāru who have learned Saṃskṛtaṃ from Rāṣṭriya Saṃskṛta Vidyāpīṭhaṃ Tirupati.

With that I'll know what & how to add logic in it.

Anyway, I've motivated myself that I'll have to read entire BPHS & Jaimini Sūtra (which includes each & every Ślōka) isn't actually tough to go through! Because, mostly I'll spend my time on some or the other scripture... But I'll have to spend much time in grasping what our beloved Mahaṛṣi have been spoken which happens only through the grace of lord Bojja Gaṇapati.
Of course I've plans to learn Jyotiṣaṃ conventionally under a Guru.
vedam33 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:24 pm
and not only astrology in every issue there should be logic
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry Vēdaṃ gāru!... There isn't any logic for creation!... Of course in the level of Paramārthika Satya, creation didn't happen & it'll never happen!

vedam33

Post by vedam33 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:02 am

The scripts now available even in Sanskrit is not correct that is what my guruji Sri ranga chary told ,
For example BPHS and jataka Parijatham given by different scholars contained different texts in Sanskrit